Settlement Showcase - Share your creations!

Agree, the amazing thing about this game is the randomness. Every single time we start a new map we know that it will look completely different because the resources and the terrain will be completely different that will force us to plan different than last game. If we choose to play on easy without enemies that town will look different and doesn’t need to be compacted into one spot and can be more spread out for example.

1 Like

Here is how I have been setting up my city center:

It can stand a lot of early attacks. The really nice thing is that the towers cover each other. For some reason I like putting the theater right there on the corner.

3 Likes

Details like this make me happy!

3 Likes

One of my town squares

4 Likes

I love all of the details- the little things I see if I take the time to zoom in on something.
The attention to detail makes me smile. :slight_smile: :slightly_smiling_face:
We all float down here… the levitating people make me grin. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Pole beans. As a farmer- I love the pole beans. They make me unreasonably happy. :smiley:

Mrs. O’Leary’s Cow lives here… going to be a hot time in the city tonight!

Never turn you back on a baby cow- they will get up to no good!

The kids are alright- people say they do nothing, but I keep catching them carrying stuff to the stockyards.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s really well done. You’ve seen the 2 Journey Logs on the artwork side yes?

1 Like

Bier Garten fur Oktoberfest!

5 Likes

Come at me bro!

3 Likes

Suggestion, wall your towers out of the inbound path, then to attack your towers, another wall needs breaching.

2 Likes

Started a new town with one rule: no straight roads. Love the result!

Update: Tier 3, love it even more with the cobblestone roads:

9 Likes

Yeah that map is saved locally to my laptop which I haven’t used since moving back to my main rig…I want to eventually go back to that map, when I do - I will share the seed for anyone still interested :+1:

I honestly love the detail that villagers will briefly go into the graveyard, turn and look at a headstone or group of headstones. Grieving for friends or family members who passed away from old age, illness, or were killed by hostile wildlife or raiders. They stop, look down, and then head back out to their jobs.
The little detail of flowers planted in front of the headstones… love that.

5 Likes

The results of some of my farming and pasture efforts.

2 Likes

Diamantina, an hexagonal city of 1k inhabitants.

I gain so much gold that next stage is to build a huge army for those cases where I get invaded by 250 plated raiders with 4 rams.
(between raids I had to deactivate my 148 guards so that houses upgrade to next levels … stupid that I have to do that)

5 Likes

My NON efficient Mountain Settlement - Malcaifa.

2 Likes

Your breweries products are for export only then?

No Pubs?

Well done, good job bringing the Entertainment and Desirability levels up without them.

Since no merchant buys honey (maybe one every 10 years), I had to do something with it or it would swarm my storage (unless I deactivate everywhere and live with the message telling there aren’t enough storage available). So I do beer for export, which merchants buy a lot more often.

3 Likes

Ironholm Fortress

7 Likes

El Dorado… fairly grid based, pre planned…I keep telling myself next one will be an organic build but I am a sucker for grids :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

You built a high ground area. Was that high ground selected, or did commissioned?