Settlement Showcase - Share your creations!

My question is were you able to plan this far ahead? or did you do a lot of rearranging?

I find myself thinking I gave myself enough space for the future, then being woefully cramped.

2 Likes

not rearranging , and i am trying new building strategies , i thnk where i am going to put the market that will be the center and then grow in circle, (( helps counting from the starting town hall 10 tiles --3houses one street-)), that space allows you to grow to 300 with all the comodities , and hey … i am new in the game and trying to discover those paths XD, hope it helps

1 Like

Hey there,

sharing my settlement with you. Alpine map (size maximum), hardest difficulty settings, pop 500, around year 90, 70h play time as I’m a quite slow player.

As you can see my settlement grew organically. With hardest difficulty there is not much time and ressources to build beautiful, for planning or to move things around a lot. You can also see where most of my stone went into and that my biggest problem regarding ressources is wood. Nature as suffered massively around my settlement. Outposts barely keep up with the demand and all forests are gone. So we will see if increased regrow in 0.7.5 will enable nature to make a come back.

Click on screenshots to enlarge.

Run for your life! Bulls are free :smiley:

12 Likes

I have to keep building more and more Work Camps to harvest wood… they grow back, but I am constantly needing more, so not sure it is keeping up yet :smiley:

One thing I LOVE about the game is the level of detail when zoomed in… Incredible!

A new life begins in Gloambridge

Map Type: Idyllic Valley
Map Size: Large
Map Seed: 54BDB266A5F

…and who knows, perhaps one day they’ll even have a bridge to give the namesake a little weight !

:smirk:

7 Likes

What’s left of my Pre-patch city. Loaded it and everything turned to wood lol :nauseated_face: Time to start a new base!

South Fort

North Fort

13 Likes

wow nice job pal

agree with the detail , its one of the things i love the most

3 Likes

Do you play on pacifist? If not, how does the AI react to your beautiful fort? I count more than 5 doorways to the fort. But only 1 wall if they manage to climb the hill. And how do you protect all the other areas which must be there to support a tier 4 town? So many questions :smiley:

I play on hardest and I need at least 2 layers of walls to survive. They even calculate where tower defense is weakest (or missing) and attack there. I scale up with them and they have not been able to do much damage for a long time now but one small mistake or a 1 thick wall will cause big trouble.

I play on Vanquisher as well up to year 91 in that base. Fought the roaming army too. Raiders don’t het past first wall and 12 towers (4 north, 4 south, 4 east). West is my weak spot.

The army came from the least defended side on the northwesr. But since all the goodies are beside that north fort they died almost instantly to 22 soldiers with halberds :pensive: they did destroy 1 guard tower tho

As for regular raiders they do path up the maze if they come from that side. If I remove the gates that also entices them path up there. Also since they follow the road they die to towers before they reach the upper level

not shown in that picture is tall hill that has the 4 east towers I mentioned. When raiders get into melee range, the south towers are able to hit them so they’re dealing with 8 towers if they attack from that side.

you def need soldiers with halberds in the late game. The towers barely do any damage to battering rams and the armored raiders

Thanks, very interesting. You must have crazy hill bonus, that will contribute a lot. Gonna push my save game further and further (flat area with hills around). If I some day start a new save I will try your idea and start the settlement at a hilltop. Has disadvantages, but looks nice and big bonus against enemies.

Also, I think what you have built looks very realistic. Here in Saxony/Germany we have slavic hill forts which typically were located at prongs (River/water, steep hill → natural defense + a vulnerable area with 2 or 4 ring walls)

See 3d data (in reality it’s covered by a forest) of the hill fort only 1km away from my home village:

Copyright: Staatsbetrieb Geobasisinformation und Vermessung Sachsen (GeoSN) - Staatsbetrieb Geobasisinformation und Vermessung Sachsen (GeoSN)
Digitales Geländemodell, Auflösung 0,5 m, 3D Ansicht, Rohdaten: GeoSN, Datenlizenz Deutschland – Namensnennung – Version 2.0, Höhen- und 3D-Stadtmodelle - Offene Geodaten - sachsen.de

1 Like

Nice one! My pc is dead with 200 citizens :smiley:

Year 43 (this time around :slight_smile: )

1 Like

My town in winter :snowflake:

4 Likes

Amazing! Looks beautiful😍

1 Like

I really liked the game, I look forward to updates very much. The game didn’t seem very difficult to me. The most difficult moment was when all the farms stopped working for a while. The most offensive moment was when the iron mine from 2000 ore disappeared. Most enjoyable moment when another 170 ore iron mine never changed its number lol. Most of all I would like to patrol the guards.

5 Likes

From my experience with seeds it will select the terrain that was used, but if the terrain was Random it won’t generate the same.

This is from using my own seeds from previous saves as well as seeds a friend provided, if I changed the terrain of inputting the seed number it would change the current seed.

This is Berlin so far. Had a blast with this game. Can’t expand anymore however due to the pop cap. Well…maybe it’s time to build Munich in a mountain map. Cheers and congratulations to an already very decent game! :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Mountain Metropolis “Graveburg” and a memory of all the hard workers who built it. (Probably half Wainwrights.)

Amazing game! Learned how to play a lot better and how to organize workers with more skill for new maps.

11 Likes