Skulls & Bones - Pet Cabalist

Hi, thanks for the build. Curious how long it takes for it to do a crucible run?

I havenā€™t checked in the current patch, but should be less than 12 mins on a blessings+banner run.
I donā€™t really bother with the crucible anymore, so my builds donā€™t get optimized for it any more.

kind of necro post, but since necromancer is one of masteries, hope same will be forgiven :slight_smile:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2BnlOr2

if you drop Crane and put 4 poitns in Lion + yellow crossroad, you can put 6 points in Light of Empyrion and get that 6th devotion point for +3% max aether/chaos for player and +5% max res for pets.
The loss is res from Crane (not so significant) and you have to invest 22 points in spirit to equip Cataclysm Eye, so DA is 2823 instead of 2867, though hp is 20500 instead of 19500.
Not sure which one is better.

1 Like

Good eye. It also gives a bit more speed towards move speed cap. I am putting off updating my builds till the patch drops (no idea on when it will arrive though), but will definitely test it. The DA drop should not cause any problems, I think.

1 Like

@Maya Thanks for taking the time to create these great builds.

I am new to the game, got it Friday and played around a bit. Totally love it though.

The Diablo 2 pet Necromancer and pet Druid were all time favorite play styles and characters for me; played it till recently in spite of Diablo 3 being around. Kicking myself though that I did not discover this gem of a game earlier.

I do not know enough of this awesome game yet to make objective decisions as to what pet builds comes closest to the D2 skelly necro and D2 wolf + spirit druid builds.

The difficulty and player involvement (amount of buttons to press and time needed between button presses) comes secondary to the closeness of playing the D2 classes above; if that makes sense :wink:

Could you possible please advise me on the above.

Anything that uses the Lost Souls item set should more than qualify for D2 Necro themewise. If you want less buttons and a lazier playstyle, then you are definitely in the right thread :stuck_out_tongue:

On the topic of Druid however, things get a bit sketchy as there are no actual equivalents to it. However a Pet Conjurer might come close. I will link 2 of mine below:

Elemental version with focus on double birds: The Fluffy Squishy - Pet Conjurer
Bleed based with focus on Briarthorns + a Cat: Sanguine Lupus - Pet Conjurer

2 Likes

Excellent, thanks @Maya; most appreciated.

I am going to dive into this build here on this page first then :+1:

1 Like

Ok, so a bit of an update on the build: It sucks!

Like seriously sucks when compared to everything else. And I have been trying to get it to par with the rest with no success. For the time being, I have simply decided to give up on Skeletons.

As such, if anyone is reading and thinking about making this build, I would like to suggest that you do not as it would simply be a waste of your time and effort.

1 Like

Noooooooo i was enjoying it!

1 Like

Wellā€¦ it is still the same build and nothing has changed, more or less. But compared to everything else, it feels like using Crayons in a Sword fightā€¦

Also, welcome to the forums btw :partying_face:

1 Like

Aye! Will try your other builds with my sister. Enjoying having a hoard of peeps following me around atm :grin:

Thanks for the welcome! :partying_face:

1 Like

You happen to have a solid Cabalist summoner that DOESNā€™T use Summon Familiar and Summon Blight Fiend, just pure Vitality damage (mostly) from pets?

Shield = no %CDR. Also Vitality dmg is one of the most resisted dmg types. And if you skip Familiar and Fiend, you are left with Reap spirit & Skeletons. Given my hatred for Skeletons, that leaves just Reap Spirits which require Diviner Set which comes with an Off-hand.

So, short answer would be ā€œnopeā€.

I actually like the skeletons, I just wish you were able to choose between archers or mages.

2 Likes

Thoughts On this build following all the changes in 1.1.6? I just recently got finished my Lost Souls set and the changes seem a little concerningā€¦

If I had to take a guess, a fire based pet build focused on the dog could be a funny experiment, but without buffs to skeletons eh

1 Like

Once 1.1.6 rolls out, I will see how it goes. Personally think it would be a buff in general. But if not, then at the very least I will try to make a Hellhound build as I always liked the doggo :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: Realized 1.1.6 is out. Well, time to get busy.

Build Updated :neutral_face:

Why are you sad? :frowning:

Iā€™m looking for a decent/tough skelly build for HC (Burnt out D3 HC player here! :sweat_smile: )
Do you recommend it, will it be good?

Thank you!!! :blush:

1 Like

Because all I did was change the off-hand. I originally had much bigger plans for it than that, but couldnā€™t actually make one to my satisfaction.

It still works, even for HC. But DPS isnā€™t that good.

1 Like