Some of the more obvious stuff that still hasn't been fixed (according to new Grimtools)

new Relic - Serenity

Replace 20% damage reflected with something else.
This mechanic is not viable in the game. You remove the reflect from old items, but for some reason you did it on a new item.

Indeed. Though that said, we all already have so much stuff we need to squeeze into our builds that I’m not sure we need another thing to deal with. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m not even sure if the current Freeze res items would be that easy to include in the average build.

I suppose I’m happy enough with 66% for those reasons.

That’s an error. It’s going to be Damage Reflect Resistance.

Damage Reflect is gone in v1.1.0.0.

Frozen heart is pretty easy :rolleyes:

So we further reduce the effectiveness of Hoarfrost - which requires Frozen Hearts to make - then get people to use more Frozen Hearts to make up the difference.

Not sure who’s profiting, but it sounds like a brilliant scam in the making. :cool:

I just wanted to say that this relic, at least for me, will be a 100% pick for most of my characters. It’s too good, way too good. The 3 seconds with these resistances are life saving. 35% HP is not that low, basically, most monsters either shred you to that or lower value, if they deal massive damage that is, and it effectively restores 15+% HP. Also, the strong base stats, and as you mentioned the reflect reduction and +1 to all skills, it’s basically a way better relic than Mogdrogen’s Ardor and maybe only pets will pick Mog’s Ardor.

Just quote me on this, I bet this relic will be overpicked as it gives everything you need and it’ll fit every build. It’s like another Maiven’s Sphere of protection. At least reduce the physical resist to, at max, 25% (although, I’d recommend to put it to 15). Before anyone says there’s a gauntlet and jeans that give all resists +30 or something, and 15(?) physical resist, they are triggered on-hit, and this relic is procced at 35% HP.

Marks words

I can name several builds that would be worse with Serenity. Serenity is decent at best.

The hoarfrost nerf, well, freeze resist was capped at 80% anyway, the 100% was a bit misleading. The difference between 80 and 66 is small, and can be fixed with one little bit of resist on an item or constellation (like sailor’s guide). This change barely has an effect in my opinion.

Of the 22 grimtools tabs I have open right now, 7 of the builds are using Serenity. 4 of them are using Mog’s Ardor. Serenity is definitely more applicable than Ardor, but it is not universally BiS - far from it, in fact. If your resists are fine and you’re a heavy-autoattack build, Ardor is far superior.

People definitely forget that Ardor has total speed, which is a big boon.

Skyshard powder vs Wraith’s scream. They have the same level requirement but Skyshard powder has 12 flat damage that Wraith’s scream lacks, while otherwise having basically the same stats.

Welcome to Vit Damage, for which there’s no flat damage on rings/amulet augments. :rolleyes:

There’s more gaps in that area, I was making a bleed build and found that there’s no flat bleed on weapon augments either (there IS one in FG, but it’s level 65…).

This is the same for Fire and cold.
Only Lightning, Chaos and Aether (which seems silly considering the recent binder nerfs) have augments that add flat damage while adding other good stats(read: DA/OA) on top of that.

I just find it odd that cold/frostburn has a couple of choices with 70 OA and %bonuses, while fire doesn’t have any that high. Lit, has Skyshard. I think the next best OA is a general 60 OA with no additional benefits - or possibly a general %OA boost.

If elements want flat DA, then Forgefire is available for all. But OA is not as accessible for fire.

Oh well, I might end up using Osyr’s Temper on most stuff, anyways. Flat OA/DA is pretty valuable. %OA/%DA doesn’t do much if you have no flat.

You forgot the most important thing of all: damage. Serenity gives literally nothing of that. Ardor has total speed which improves damage of many builds.

And we still use survivor’s ingenuity. As long as the stats are good the level doesn’t matter :slight_smile:

It would be nice if you guys also comment on my original suggestions.

Z made his opinion pretty clear on those, why beat a dead horse?

If he sees that actually most players agree on those points (and I think the points I made are pretty obvious and hard to disagree with for anyone who knows anything about Grim Dawn) maybe he budges.