SPOILER ALERT: Lore Discussion

Me too !!!

Scion of the Sands

High Priest Tuha has made the ultimate sacrifice for the safety and integrity of the Korvan faith, but we must not allow ourselves to grow complacent in the wake of this heresy.

While the Korvan people may never learn of Morgoneth’s folly, the land will not forget the crimes committed against her. The black wound festers beyond the barrier, eager to spread its malevolence. This must never come to pass.

With the blessing of our elders, I invoke the ancient rites. The infinite Korvan sands will be called to rise up in defiance of this blasphemy. They shall bear a new guardian: a scion of the sands that will embody the wrath and fury of the Korvan lands.

In this, we are united, in this we beckon…Callagadra, a name which will strike terror into the creatures of night.

5 Likes

Where did you pick up that lore note? In the Tomb of the Heretics or in the seal mini-dungeons? I definitely missed that one.

It’s in a small hidden area in the Tomb of the Heretics,
in the final area if i remember correctly.

Huh, guess that means my Tufa theory lost a lot of its bearing. My other guess is Harod is Riggs. He’s the other guy besides Tufa who knows the first seal is hidden inside the Maw.

His complaints about the Maw’s gastric juices making his exposed flesh soft and Riggs being bare-chested are somehow related in my head. Its farfetched I know considering how much time would have passed since then. :stuck_out_tongue:

I wonder:

With Yugol devouring everything on it’s path. What happens with Ch’thons blood that’s being devoured. Will some of it get returned to Ch’thon or lost forever?

Briggs isn’t Dreeg. Draelus was Dreeg and he dissapeared along with the other Witch Gods. Draelus almost ruins his cover about being Dreeg in a dialogue.

1 Like

Well why wouldn’t he be able to be at multiple places using a avatar.

I dunno man, I would better support the theory of Harod being Briggs.

For some reason i have a Ulzuin vibe from Riggs.

1 Like

So there is an achievement for killing all 7 magi, but I only ran into two (in a small death room area) in not-Sauron’s folly. Where are the other 5?

Well seems we acounter 2 of the 7 magi at one run …it will take time before we defeat all 7 !!

well I sense Ulzaad from him :slight_smile:

I don’t see a good reason why gods/ascendants would want the Iris.

Here’s why I think the Riggs is not a god/ascendant:

1. The gods/ascendants can already see the Celestial Tapestry (aka. the stars in the sky). They’ve no need for the Iris to peer into the abyss.
  2. The gods/ascendants being represented in the Celestial Tapestry is one of the ways worshipers can show their devotion. This devotion of worshipers is how the gods can grow their powers. Its contradictory for a god to go against the preservation of self by inviting Yugol to devour the stars. While Ulzuin’s description states that he is driven by revenge and destruction, I would think the target of his vengeance are the Witch Gods since it was Bysmiel who betrayed him.

Here’s why I think the Riggs is Harod:

1. He was betrayed by Tufa and the Korvan priesthood by extension. He is motivated by revenge by unleashing what the priesthood worked so hard to suppress.
2 Likes

Well i could see why gods/ascendants would want the iris. So that it doesn’t draw Yugol to Cairn and devouring it. Because they would lose their followers/worshippers or part of it.They simply don’t want such a powerful relic to fall in the wrong hands.

Bysmiel and Solael for instance are always looking for more power/advantage.

1 Like

So anyone has seen what Riggs’ “associates” are? I could ask him to let them know they can hunt me to settle their debts. Was an odd request out of nowhere… Guess this means new Nemesis style enemies will show up?

I killed Morgoth… erm, Morgoneth now. He had a lot of Loghorrean-like abilities, including summoning those clawed tentacles, and for a mage, loved to run into melee. And I am not sure but I think he had one or two Magi with him? Or at least I saw hero level enemies with him but was too busy avoiding the homing missiles to take screencaps.

Pretty sure Harod died inside the Maw of Enaht… Tufa explains he only pushed him in to ensure he climbs ever deeper. Had he survived, would he not have HAD the first seal on him already? Given that it was with him… Plus Harod was just a human - he would not be alive by now.
And Riggs says he wants to ensure the Iris does not cause any more trouble.

just making up what about Mogragon can it be Rigss Mogdragon ?

Do you mean Mogdrogen? It crossed my mind but wouldn’t make much sense.

1 Like

indeed… well may be he is spaying on witch gods and try to make sure they are not up to someting very bad…

When your focus is on escape and survival, taking the seal with you takes a backseat. Besides, its not unprecedented for humans to live long. Take the emissary of the WGs. Although yeah, the lifespan issue is the biggest thing that gives me doubt.

I don’t buy this reasoning. Consider the fact that the Korvan priesthood successfully kept the secret buried for hundreds of years. It was because Riggs himself gave us this quest that the seals came undone. If safekeeping the Iris was truly his endgame, it would have been best if he left the seals alone.

It kinda irks me that Crate left this as a loose end so late in GD’s lifespan. We’ll probably never get a concrete answer as to who Riggs really is unless they have another content update that closes this plot thread.