Starting a new village is very time consuming by finding the right map

abundant

adjective

abun·​dant | \ ə-ˈbən-dənt \

Definition of abundant

1 : existing or occurring in large amounts : [AMPLE] (Ample Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster) abundant rain fall abundant food

2a : marked by great plenty (as of resources) a fair and abundant land

b : amply supplied : ABOUNDING an area abundant with bird life.

Petulance is not a virtue, and you do NOT define the meaning of words.

Abundant resources =/= All resources

2 Likes

No, I don’t. But I do understand them. :man_shrugging:

Considering you just made a reaching statement in which you showed ignorance to the meaning of abundant, perhaps listen to yourself.

1 Like

@CallMeBlackSheep @Celebrindan Perhaps both of you should follow this

“The rules are simple: use common sense, respect the ideas of others even if you disagree with them, no advertising or selling products, no spamming, don’t be offensive.”

https://forums.crateentertainment.com/faq

2 Likes

Here is a map that is a challenge, and maybe called unplayable; Alpine 4ab1fc3ab73 normal settings, got to jump out and check… :slight_smile: Not much land to build on, if right map.

Implementing Factorio-like map preview would help with that.

1 Like

Zantai, I personally think people enjoy mining and foraging for resources rather than using the trading post to essentially make up for resource that are in low supply or missing. I’ve enjoyed builders and strategy games for decades and I am not use to the concept of buying everything I am missing.

I totally get the game design concept of the trading post and its not a bad idea. Personally I feel it removes the challenge of the game and for whatever reason I do not enjoy trading every year for resources, feels like I’m cheating. It turns into a busy mechanic for the sake of something to do as well. I really enjoy going out and foraging for resources and the challenge associated with supply chain upkeep and protection.

Crate did a great job with no food production in the winter and this makes for a enjoyable challenge. I wish you would go further and have deep snow affect the movement of your people. Multiply this towards all your supply chains and winter would become something you really have to prepare for.

There is a large imbalance via the large amount of wealth one can generate via gold mining and trading but markets for your towns folk seem to hardly generate wealth. I think the trading post and gold mines are too powerful and make the game too easy in their current implementation.

2 Likes

Hm, what size map? I tried generating that and it seemed pretty abundant in resources.

You got me…

yes I do too, I only sell (if I have enough to) to get more gold and I only buy if I need to from the tradors, if I run out of something. I like the option of a trading post even they not always have what I need, so sometimes it can take a while.
By the way, I haven’t started a gold mine ever yet, I was still being busy with coal, iron, producing tools and stuff, you need tools for doing mining and they are expansive from tradors :slight_smile:

With the map tool from Mitr it will be a little bit easier for me (and other players) to find nice maps and get some overview for organizing things.

Of course it would be better if something like that could be implemented to FF.

Zantai, (even your question is some days old) I think you missunderstood me, I was not talking about a small area, I meant especially for the idyllic valley it should be more balanced and filled with everything, to be good for Beginners, of course spread on the entire map :slight_smile:

When you start a map - befor you place the town center, you can see the whole map and can explore it, looking for the resources, fertility etc… or what terrain it is. I normally don’t place my town center where the game starts. If I miss something I cancel and hit escape, you can even reroll it then instead of going to main menue.

This thread has been purged of nonsense. Next time it won’t be just a clean up…

Please keep it civil.

2 Likes

You don’t see the whole map though. Even on Small, I think you see about a quarter of it.

That’s what I mean about not basing your decision whether a map has resources solely on what you see upon Town Center placement. Idyllic Valley is loaded with resources, with the exception of maybe gold, which is more of a bump for maps like Arid and not remotely required for a town to function.

1 Like

I thoroughly enjoy the blending of the two. I like the significant place the TP has in the game. I feel there is a great balance in it.

2 Likes

Sorry wrong map and I can not find it. :frowning:

If you stay in T2 a bit longer you don’t need to mine a lot, traders have infinite resources. No need of gold mines in this game for me as markets and taxes will generate a steady income.

My requirements for a map is just having everything just so I can place a structure to gather them but not exhausting. Main consideration is just a Willow and medicinal roots. Idk where spices come from or if it can be a map.

My choice of settling is just having a better water location. This game doesn’t necessarily need fertile lands because proper crop rotation will just make your farm fertile. You don’t even need fertilizer from compost yard to sustain your farming products. I don’t even need fence.

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

T4 has some luridly expensive items that will be needed in multiple locations in order to buff housing up from Large House to Manor.

Depending on how large your town is it can get eye-watering.

Never say never. :slight_smile:

Whew… I don’t even know where to begin here. As a linguist… I’ll just say, you are incorrect… and leave it at that.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

The dictionary is right. It is your interpretation of it I am saying is incorrect.