Stasher - increased stash size mod

Thanks for confirming that, really weird after all. oh well, will look forward to testing the component autopickup theory. Though gear also has a radius, so I was hesitant to try earlier.

bags, i failed there last i tried, but that means nothing, not like i magically know everything.

Stash NPC, great minds think alike, exactly what i wanted to do, but the triggers were the reason for me to stop considering it, I had issues even making notify work.
should have tried hooking into the quests. instead of gamemain.lua.
though really I wanted to first make a button to bind the function to. would have been ideal to just hijack the component autocomplete button for that.
I do have a CE code which should open the stash, but it is wonky, last time overwrote my stash with an empty one. it opened a fresh stash and then saved it on closing.

Console, can that be done without atom0s tool, ie at stock GD?

Console works stock but not in the main campaign.

Autoloot - that was the only parameter I could find that was the same among those items and not the same with other items. I may have missed something, in the DBR but I doubt it.

My idea for summoning a merchant or something is a summon skill bound to an item. They just need to be the right NPC’s DBR file right?

kudos rorschachrev, that is an ingenious idea, have to test it, too.
I really hope that will work, would offer quite a few possibilities.

tested autopickup, unfortunately the radius hack only allows to manually pick things from afar, there has to be something else. presumably in engine.
so many items cluttering the screen, and unless you want to ignore all loot, no way around it.

I’d say our best bet is to lobby for autopickup item types and radius to be moddable rather than hacking the engine.

As well as console access all around. There is nothing better as a testbed than the actual game.

Ah, sweet, looks like someone figured out how to muck with the UI.

How hard would it be to add multiple pages and then add arrows to switch between pages (tabs would become obsolete in that scenario)? Seems like if you can expand stash spaces at all, that should be possible.

have now found out how to do autopickup for anything that is not rolled with affixes, ie potions, components and questitems.

It was fairly tough with the limited output GD allows, we really need a way to see print statements if we ever want to build and debug a reasonable script.

also tested your mod, looks nice, although I really want a scrollable text only listing of items, that’d be really sweet.

I could possibly make more bags for you to carry and more tabs for the stash, but “how many” is a big question. I need to chop and slash a bunch of graphics before I can make more tabs. The scrollbar involves troubleshooting a UI element and mixing something in that wasn’t intended to be there. It might happen, but I am not sure.

Sup, thought i would swing by.

Nice addition. I will look into GD modding now and publish some high quality content if i get the motivation to do so.

Just to let you know, even though you extracted my computer name from the VB2010 sourcefiles does not mean my computer name is my real name. Karl is the name of my Computer, literally. My real name is Max :wink:

If you want to help me or can supply me informations or youre just generally intrested in working on some stash stuff hit me up.
(Wrote you my Skype ID as private message, ill also be reachable in discord again.)

My English is not good, I’m sorry ~

That huge stash is pretty cool, good job. Has anyone managed to do stash tabs yet? I’m pretty disappointed Crate hasn’t told people how to do it, it’s really the only Mod I’ve been impatiently waiting on for a couple years. :stuck_out_tongue:

I doubt anyone has done that, and crate has told us that it can’t be done. It would require a custom template which would also need code support, which we obviously don’t have access to. Here’s the topic where I read it http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38016

How does this work if you select a tiny resolution?

I don’t mess with modding so I’m not making the connection with that link you provided. The person in that thread is asking how to make a brand new skill outside of a template. Stash tabs are already in game, is it not just adding more of something that already exists? Or is it not viable because the stash is a file of its own?

Does anyone know if someone managed to make the stash this big or is it photoshop?:rolleyes:

Quick explanation of the files:
we can edit Database Records (.dbr), while they can change a different number of things they are restricted to a template (.tmp). The templates only 2 purposes (I believe) is to create the fields you can edit with the DBREditor and to tell the code which field/value pairs to use for lets say a stash tab. As far as I have seen the template only supports the current 4 tabs, making a different template and add another tab wont change anything unless there is the code for a 5th tab.
On top of that… Im not sure we can change/add templates with the currently available tools.

Download Link
Stasher v3.rar

I tried this expanded Stasher v3 right now and it seems to work if you use it on a new character created in the mod.

Don’t use it on symbolic link characters though. It will fuck up your main stash. What I assume is happening is that if you load a symlink character in the mod, the mod will force an overwrite of your bank stashes. They will appear in the default game even without the mod loaded, but without the additional arrangement of windows, the whole thing becomes a mess.

If you use it as a standalone though and make sure you use a new “mod” character, so far I haven’t found any problems.

On the right track. I think we could get something usable out of this. It does flare up with the usual issues though of mod compatibility. A bad load of a character and you could be fucking up all your storage.

got a bug for the TT300 version

click sort and it overlaps on teh right side

even more space… I consider that a feature :slight_smile:

Been trying to figure out how to look into the files of the stasher v3 mod, but I cant seem to find out how to open the Stasher v3.arz file located in the database folder of the mod and the ui.arc file located in the resources folder of the mod.

I think I figured out that .arz and .arc files are some sort of compressed files the creator of the mod has made to share the mod with the community but I don’t know which tool I should use to open that type of file.

Hope someone can help me out :slight_smile:

The probably easiest way (not the fastest) without batch knowledge is to rename the Stasher.arz to database.arz and use the asset manager to extract game files… when you do this rename the database and resources folders inside your grim dawn directory or it will overwrite some files.
Once done you have to rename the database/resources folders back to what they were before. When I rename stuff I usually go with _X or X2/Xb. In this case _database and _resources.