[Suggestion] Add energy regen to Obsidian Bulwark and (maybe) other caster shileds

Pretty much the title.

I’m working at this build rn https://www.grimtools.com/calc/pZrzvn1Z and it really has 1 flaw: energy regen.
Despite investing some points in spirit and having double Marks of Illusion, mana can fly away in seconds, especially against melee bosses like IM/Fabius/Theodin etc.

Here’s the vid:

So I think it would be fair to add some flat (6-10 per second) and % energy regen for better QoL.
This can be applied to other caster shields as well, though I don’t have proper data for them.

Given that focii don’t have more than 6 flat (and some %) I wouldn’t get your hopes up on this one. Last time I asked for 6 I got 2.5.

well, at least even 2,5 flat regen would be welcomed.

I also wanna point out (missed this before somehow) that chaos resist on both this shield and Obsidian Defender is a bit redundant, as lightning/fire/chaos builds have a ton of it, fire and chaos ones specially. I suggest replacing it with sth more useful like pierce/acid resist.
This would fit well as fire builds mostly lack it in general, and this one build in particular.
I know chaos res is kinda thematic here but, imo, it won’t be a great loss.

Not sure if this buff would even help you in the situation you showed so how about this
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/0V0xy81V
Not saying the buff is not needed but this modification might solve your problem.

I don’t know man. You’re in the boss room of shard 76, killing things rather quickly and you complain about energy regen slowing you down? I say deal with it.

you right, I do complain about it.
When an endgame spec runs out of mana fighting 1v1 (or 1v3, not big of a deal), there seems to be some kind of a problem.
The mana issues were not only in SR, in Crucible a couple of times and in MC, though in SR this is the best case to show.

From the one time I used chain lightning, damn that’s an expensive skill… (Unless all component skills are like that :eyes:)
Maybe reduce energy cost on that one huh. Though wouldn’t mind energy regen on caster shields aswell.

Why does it matter if you run sr76 or main campaign or anywhere that your mana run out isn’t a problem?? If the build can kill things rather quickly- its because that build is very well designed. Imo, any gears supported caster builds should have some mana regen (flat or %), not only for the end game, but also the leveling process.

If the build so well designed, why it running out of energy?
SR76 is a testing ground that game never tells you to visit. Player does it at his own risk and should see imperfections in his build. If not there then where would you allow energy to run out?
Y’all feel too casual about farming SR76.

This thread reminds me of another. Although there OP had his wish granted in next update, so I may be in the wrong: [Feedback] Energy consumption on Radaggan Cabalist is ridiculous

If we never expect to run out of energy, then how about removing it altogether? We had similar discussion on run speed here: Add movespeed to green and purple devotions

1 Like

your logic confused me a lot. you can claim every-energy-issued builds should go for Lantern + Harp + Harvestman Scyther + Tree of Life and maximum Spirit dump to get >400 mana regen and then its no longer issue. New issue is you got no damage, but that’s your risks right? What kind of “risks” or “imperfections” here? you can play around Devil Crossing and still the energy runs out quickly, not only SR 76. And a caster gears couldn’t ask for a few more flat energy regen even when it was designed for CASTERS? How about dev could look into every OP caster builds out there, and then remove every mana regen from their gears, and then they said “deal with it- since you can clear SR 100, it should be your flaws/ imperfections”??

In some builds it is actually really bad to go for Energy Regen devo but not on this one which you can see from my previous post which makes your overexaggeration kinda silly in this context. No loss of anything in comparison to the OP.

Not talking about the OP in particular (the most up-to-date build is different anyway) but I’d like to ask you a design question. Do you think there should exist builds for which going for Energy devos should be needed / be the best solution for the Energy problem or these Energy devotions should be useless and building process more one dimensional because going for cookie cutter devo setups should be always fine in the Energy department (because ‘mah 5% damage’). Not talking about builds where they are a natural fit, for example Pierce / Physical builds.

Imo such builds should exist and if they need more damage then they should get buffed. But I get that sometimes it’s not a good fit for the build, for example going for Energy devos on some Acid / Chaos builds can be very disadvantageous so it should be weighted on a case-by-case basis.

#TheInfamousHomogeneityArgument

1 Like

Same sort of thought process - have you tried tweaking your build more than now to build more energy before making a thread?

The last time I had energy problems and asked for a buff on supporting equipment it used, it was after first fitting in Scales, swapping Bloodied Crystals/Runebound Topaz over to Ectoplasms and as a last resort diverting spare points over to 12/12 Mogdrogen’s Pact, playtesting after every single change and laying each of these out in my request’s explanation.

The build’s supporting equipment/skills never improved in the following patches so I eventually moved it out of my active characters and onto the next set of character ideas.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.