(Suggestion) Add Kaisan's Burning and Eldritch Eyes to drop pools in SR and Crucible

Pretty much the title.
Kaisan’s Eyes are probably teh hardest MI’s to get now, as they drop only in campaign, have 2 variants and a huge pool of affixes that makes getting a proper amulet an almost impossible challenge.
Other MIs (Nemesis’ ones too) drop in both SR and Cruci so it would be fair adding the hardest amulet to obtain to drop in these game modes - like 2-3 for SR75-76, 1-2 for SR65-66.

This is even more actual after introducing new MIs and making it easier to get the one with proper affixes.

8 Likes

Was asked for last year, seems like it’s intentional:

lots of things changed since that so I think it’s time to change some old views.
a year ago almost all MIs were hard af to get, now they’re rather easy to obtain and there’s only 1 exception for some reason.
probably it’s time to change it.

I don’t think making MC even less relevant than it is now is a good idea. Let MC have its stuff.

5 Likes

Imo, MC is in a pretty nice state now, as target-farming bosses for MIs is surely faster than waiting for them to drop in SR, e.g.
But you can’t farm Kaisan’s Eyes directly as you need to spend some time for searching him and get, probably, a crap amulet.
This is why Eyes are rarely used - it’s almost impossible to legitimely get some well-rolled ones.

At the same time, it is worth considering the power behind an amulet with +1 to all skills and the versatility/potential it can get from rolling a prefix and suffix. Something like that shouldn’t be easy to find else we end up with another Shattered Realm amulet situation.

If the drop rate or areas it can drop in do get buffed regardless of whether I think it should or not, it needs to done carefully.

2 Likes

Plus some nice base stats like three CC res, flat health, and all damage. Making it any easier to get and you’re risking it becoming another Beronath amulet or SR amulet, like you said.

1 Like

And that’s true, so I mentioned adding a limited number of eyes - like 1-2 for SR65-66, 2-3 for SR75-76.

Btw, buffing legendary Beronath won’t hurt as it’s almost useless now.

1 Like

This amulet has the absolute potential to outclass everything minus needing a set amulet or some other niche build and what not (hard capping skills, etc.) I don’t see why this suggestion could be bad.

Placing it in the SR pool:

1. doesn’t hurt anyone from targeting it in MC. Some people hate MC, they like SR and CR and such. It allows for people to play the mode they want and still get chances at stuff. PoE delve league is a prime example, from a personal point of view. Jumping through hoops to play what you want gets old.

2. even if it was added to the pool, if it follows all the other MI drop rules in CR/SR how often would the thing really show up? I am willing to bet it would be quite a few runs before it did, then…

3. have it load with decent stats or the right amulet for that matter.

4. target farming gets old fast…I am doing it for 2 different MI shields with the same prefix and suffix. I’ve done roughly 20 SR runs (55-66) in between and never seen either shield one time. There for logically it’s faster to target farm, thus…see point 1. By the way I seen the affixes/prefix combination drop already just on the wrong base MI…:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

In the end add it…people will play the mode they want and eventually see it or they can target farm it…finally when the game is “done” will it matter anyways?? I doubt it.

1 Like

Actually not, it has not that kind of potential and believe I’m one of the biggest fans, I have kaisan amulets full of a stash page. Let’s put aside the set amulets, when you set your aim high in SR and CR; +Maximum resistance bonusses are the most important stats especially if you don’t have 3-4k armor, both flat and % damage absorption or shield block and Kaisan’s lack that kind of stat. Though Kaisan Amulet’s seems better than most of the purple ones on sheet with a good roll, it doesn’t most of the cases. For some builds that uses almost equally both class skills +1 all skill bonus and CC resist is quite good but again, resistances… There are really few devotions bonus that gives +X maximum resistances so unless you use some of them and other gears provide you those stats, even Coduits with unnecessary modifiers can outperform Kaisan.

So this won’t create a huge balancing issue, I would like to see in the loot them aswell with less drop chance than other MI’s ofc. And people already GDstash MI’s anyway in top tier builds, extra Kaisan Amulet loot won’t bring any good for them but will do for legit players.

Mods on most amulets will be better for a build than Kaisan’s amulet so I would not be worried to let it drop in SR. It will not become the most used amulet.

3 Likes

And yes, they also have no conversion and no modifier. Let’s put a big here :fire::fire:+1:fire::fire:

Yeah You are right, I just didn’t include it at the end of my first paragraph though our group often uses off meta items a lot and we value MIs and non-MI double rares differently which is what led me to say that.

Still @afanasenkov26 suggestion (And those from the prior thread) is one Crate should look at, especially as the game slows down to being done.

If it was me I would narrow down the spawn points for nemesis, too many right now (just my opinion). Or alternatively, you could go with a lot of spawn points but in maps that are really close together.

A big no from me. The +1 of those amulets is very powerful even iwhen the affixes of the amulet are lackluster, so it’s fine that they are limited to the campaign.

I guess you weren’t here when SR amulet was literally the most overused amulet in the game and it was competing with amulets that have mods. And that thing has less stats than even a Kaisan amulet with mediocre affixes.

And yet it is hard to find builds with Kaisan’s amulet. I wouldn’t worry much about that. Maybe other amulets just got better since then or people noticed that +1 to all skills can be often outshined by other stuff.

I would take conduit with -15 RR any day over +1 to all skills.

And quite frankly I don’t care that much about it. I GDstash greens.

Imo Kaisan is GG, I use it often (with some ridiculous affixes of course). Rarely you have a matching RR from conduit.
And I’m not Serenity kinda guy.

What? Remove all Nemesis MIs from the Crucible and SR?

10 Likes

The unbearable silence around the world due to Z’s comment is spreading minute by minute…

1 Like

How about removing ALL MIs? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: