[Suggestion] More Usefull Minimap / Compass - Simple Fix

Hello there.
Without beating about the bush, I suggest to make compass more usefull by simply put option to zoom in / zoom out minimap. (I know there’s option to change compass size but that’s not solution)

18 Likes

This is one of those things that I didn’t know I need, until I saw it.

3 Likes

After seeing the thread for the first time I didn’t know that I need it but reading your post made me realize I need it too. Dobra robota!

2 Likes

Good suggestion! +1

3 Likes

I actually like this idea myself and have thought the same in the past. Make it so Crate… put some zoom on the compass mini-map.

4 Likes

+10! so much!

2 Likes

It looks very good, nice suggestion!

2 Likes

And another! +1!

2 Likes

It was suggested before Compass/radar/minimap size
but nothing happened, maybe this time more people will chime in and +1 this idea.

me personally I know the levels in and out and don’t even look at the minimap that often anymore, but I think it will benefit new players so yeah +1 from me as well.

2 Likes

It feels sad that nothing happened. :frowning:
I thought CRATE cares about players.

Now i have to keep opening map (M) to know where i am all the time, it would not be so much trouble if locations were not so complex. (I like them but greater view in minimap would be great.

I think its not so much to work on it, just give OPTION to zoom minimap like i show in pictures.
Please CRATE! Im dedicated fan, I own 3 copies of full game with all DLCs!

:chicken:

1 Like

What, you expect them to make a change like that - if they decide to implement it - and just release a patch for that alone? If they implement it, it will come in a much bigger update.

I like this

1 Like

I know but the question is if they decide to do it. :smiley_cat:

I really like the idea too, but I think the zoom out in the sample is a bit too much. Sometimes I like to go around houses and hidden corners and they’re better seen with more zoomed in map. Maybe something between the two would be best.

2 Likes

Why not give OPTION for players do decide? Can choose and zoom between 3-4 zoom levels. :wink:

3 Likes

+100000000000000000

// yes it is a complete sentence

3 Likes

+1 - I have wished for resizable minimap radius many times over the years.

3 Likes

This really is one of the very few, but the biggest issue of GD by far, that could still be polished. To me this would be as useful as autopickup+lootfilter.
I keep opening and closing the normal map all-of-the-time, from day 1.
Resizing the minimap seems so much doable and would be such a huge benefit at the same time.
Please - implement this for us, before you abandon the support …!

3 Likes

How much does this brush up against the concept of a transparent area map overlay? Cuz the devs flat out said they wanted to avoid anything remotely approaching that.

Crate please implement this! TY

2 Likes