The Carnival - A Guide to Pets

R.I.P. Silverbolt

Is a fire/chaos Hellhound focused build viable in 1.6.0? I feel like Hellhound summon limit increase needs to be somewhere else apart from the Lost Souls set.

1 Like

Correct, Lost Souls simply blocks too many slots and 2 Doggos arenā€™t enough to carry a build on their own. It feels like a slight nudge in the right direction and they will be there, but not quite at that point for now.

Maximum Hellhound - 26/22/22/22 Hellhound

This was the best way I could fully grab every overcap with Summon Hellhound - I had to pair it with something so I chose Shaman so I could get full Fire Hellhound + Full Lightning Primal Spirit. Seems like something that could be usable, though likely lacks the pet resistances to do anything spectacular. I just wanted to get something on paper to see how much fully maxed Hellhound can do by itself + Primal Spirit.

1 Like

does ā€œscales with player bonusā€ pet benefit from flat dmg? such as
servant of Empyrion or blade spirit get flat dmg bonus from flame touched or iskandraā€™s EE?
and here my theory craft buid: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/O2GOOb62
is it viable late game?

Curious to see how it performs if you are willing to test it :nerd_face:

Nope :frowning:

You need Will of Bysmiel > Manipulation + Hellhound to tank.

Inner focus, Arcane will, Nullification & Solaelā€™s witchfire are waste of skill points on a Pet build.

Also, Seal of Blades component wonā€™t do much good.

And the Mirari series are official: Mirari - SilverCore Pets

Conjurer, Cabalist & Ritualist done :sunglasses:

1 Like

My old Conjurer wasnā€™t doing anything, so I respecced it to this build. Good news is: Hellhound surprised me with its damage. I assume it was his Ember Claw - I was seeing Crits for around 100K, which I definitely wasnā€™t expecting from the dog.

Bad news: bad energy regeneration, the equipment that gives points to Hellhound give little skillpoints everywhere else, little resists for the pets, and Iā€™m too glassy to take Nemesis hits. Then again, Iā€™m bad at the whole ā€œdonā€™t get yourself killedā€ part of the game, but after Retaliation pets were no more, I have yet to find a pet Conjurer that was tanky enough to take hits for my liking. I donā€™t like the constantly moving and fearing the next hit would be my last.

Iā€™ll try some other theorycrafting with the Lost Souls set and see if I canā€™t do anything thatā€™s worth trying out.

1 Like

Maximum Hellhound, v.2

This should cover my Energy issues & pet Resists. I donā€™t think I can improve on the Devotion set-up, so I ditched the 2-Hander so I can get 2 Seals of Might and having the Dracarris weapon at least covers me for more Vitality Resistance and Physical Resistance. The only way I can get pet Vitality resistance close to 80% is by changing the suffix of the shoulders and replacing the components to cover my resistances, but I have enough pet Speed to offset losing the 16% by forgoing 2 Eldritch Mirrors.

Iā€™m liking this set-up a lot better. Iā€™ll report the results once I can stash together the pieces.

EDIT:

I got up to Crucible 168 without the pets having any of the tribute buffs (the pets all died at Wave 160 :sad:) Not bad for a Conjurer with no pet sets. Iā€™m going to make this its own build post, because itā€™s really good.

1 Like

Sorry for spamming this thread, but I want to see how well this addition to the Silverbolt series goes:

Silverbolt series - pet Deceiver

Iā€™ll give it a dry run once I can respec my old pet Deceiver, and then give it a second go when the next hotfix actually gives the Primal Instinct buff we were promised in 1.1.6.0. If the Primal critters are good enough to provide non-negligible damage, it may be similar to the Maximum Hellhound build above.

EDIT: Sadly, without having a lot of Physical Resist or Armor, Iā€™m too much at the mercy of bar Mutators so that even 26/16 Raven and 26/16 Hellhound canā€™t save it. Hellhound still does great damage, but itā€™s nowhere near as defensive as the Conjurer above, so I canā€™t take advantage of the buffed Hellhound + 22/12 Spirit and 100% Lightning to Fire conversion. Sad.

1 Like

Yeah, looking towards Primal Instinct buffs as well. Meanwhile I was actually thinking of updating my Scheherazade Pet Deceiver with Silverbolt :laughing:

Vitality Ritualist that may or may not work: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2E304mZ

1 Like

And the Vitality Pet Ritualist becomes a proper build: Ishtar - Pet Ritualist

2 Likes

Guide Updated with new GT links and the Reap Spirit Ritualist :blush:

1 Like

Added a new meme build that doesnā€™t use any set items to the OP :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow, been playing for years and still see items and sets I have NEVER come across!

MENTAL NOTE TO SELF - Keep a sharp eye out for Diviner set - I do not have a single piece of that set yet.

2 Likes

Check your blueprints. You can craft the helm.

1 Like

Yeah RNG. I have seen Divinity set only in GT for long periods of time. Together with Allagast are my least dropped set items. Itā€™s only one of the few sets I have never used :man_shrugging:

An attempt to make Black Scourge work for once

Iā€™ve attempted to make a Chaos build that uses the Black Scourge critters ever since Chaos Reap Spirit was a thing. I really want that Fiendmaster Raiment to give skill points to something thatā€™s not Siphon Souls; if it gave +3 to Reap Spirit, it would give me exactly what I need to make this build shine. Letā€™s see how it performs and hopefully I can provide some convincing.

1 Like

Best of lucks.

But I donā€™t really have much hope for the pets from Black Scourge, or anything with ā€œon Deathā€ proc on a pet build. Really wish :zantai: would just change those.

1 Like

Random Vitality Pet conjurer: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RVvGY8EZ

1 Like