The Carnival - A Guide to Pets

If you don’t think game is fun and challenging anymore, quit :slight_smile: You wont believe how many builds I’ve had that has been killed by the devs over the years. I am still around because I think game as so much to offer in terms of build creativity and diversity. Imagine if I quit when RoH and Inquisitors got “killed” a few years ago?

Considering that is essentially what I am announcing, not sure what your comment on pointing it out is supposed to achieve.

4 Likes

All I can say is I used current Fluffy Squishy build for testing SR patch and it did fine. Only got up to Shard 74, but the few deaths I had were my fault (all these years playing and still dying to standing in floor crap). Did occasionally need to resummon a pet, but not that often.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/p25YBx02

2 Likes

You have not even played the new patch. And if you think “game is not fun anymore bc my pet build can no longer do sr 200” is the “not fun anymore” then it just shows how spoiled pet players have been for years.

At this point, I have already and rather clearly stated everything I need to regarding this topic.

Whether you choose to deliberately ignore them or simply believe my words to mean something else, it doesn’t really matter anymore.

The comment I made was not intended to be an argument and I have no intention of turning this into one either.

9 Likes

Just for the reference, comparisons from GT and in-game:

Pets

Raven:

Hellhound:

Briarthorn:

Skeletons:

Blight Fiend:

Reap Spirit:

Edit: spoiler tag didn’t work, here’s imgur album to all of them

Sets

Bysmiel:

Nature’s Call:

Ghol’s:

Lost Souls:

Diviner:

Please note that in-game rolls are just random seeded, I didn’t try to check out boundaries.

2 Likes

Both are naked chars, yes?

If so, could I also perhaps trouble you to get pics of the major Pet Sets?

Also, I am curious about the HP values. 1.1.8.1 shows more HP than 1.1.9.0, but higher HP%.

Naked, yep.

I’ll check out sets, sure

1 Like

Thank you :heart:

Updating the comment as I go, so it’s all in one place

2 Likes

That’s all about major ones I think

1 Like

Aye, thank you. I think I kind of got the gist of things now. Time to make a small change to the OP :sob:

I haven’t seen hard-capped pets’ stats yep, still have a tiny hope that overall it’s not all that gloomy :pensive:

1 Like

Hardcapping is apparently where they end up in a comparable state to before. Meaning, if you say, spread out your points over multiple pets (Fluffy Squishy), it can no longer provide the same performance.

But something like Ishtar (Diviner Reap Spirit) gets away unscathed.

Now, this might come across as bit strange, but Silverbolt is looking really appealing right now…

Time for Ritualists and Cabalists (or Necro tbh) to make a comeback it seems, at the cost of Conjurer.

I am still not sold on Skeletons as their core issue regarding AoE still remains and Blightfiend nerf of 1.1.8.1 kind of put me off those.

So… I guess time for Ghosts and Wisps. And good old, stacking +1 to skills.

I understand the objective with the patch, but one thing is that there aren’t really many replacements for slots which were occupied by Set items. So in that regard, you are stuck with more or less the same choices, but without having access to a good chunk of the set bonuses anymore.

One thing this might encourage however is the use of double rare greens to push the skill points to their max.

Not happy with it still, but ghosts still live for now (ironically)…

2 Likes

Being primarily a HC player I rarely reach end-game, so at least one nice thing comes to mind: with all pet values readjustment - leveling and progressing through the game will probably be smoother.
And with that I might finally complete my third “this-probably-should-not-work” build

1 Like

Just curious, what do you mean by ‘broken shit’ and how did you define Pet builds to be broken? Pet builds still utilize all the game mechanics and design into their builds such as over - capping their resistances , having a form of armor / damage absorption , kiting when needed and paying attention to procs and buffs in rotational play, understanding a nemesis / celestial damage and attack types. So i’m really baffled you claimed pet builds are broken…considering it comes along with a product that i paid money for.

3 Likes

I can say the same about some of my previous “broken” builds that are now heavily nerfed and some are dead as stones. I utilized game mechanics and I payed for the game and spent money and time

Hardcapped Raven from my HC WIP Fluffy Squishy + Lightning Strike at 16:

Before 1.1.9.0 i have been playing in “scared” mode, still doing 65-66 Normal SR to farm the missing equipment pieces. Now with 1.1.9.0 I’ve done some 65-66 Elite SR and one 65-66 Ultimate SR run without any problems.

1 Like

Just for percentages comparison
GT 1.1.8.1, almost naked character (grey items with only +2 Familiar bonus):

1 Like

Have you tried the superbosses?