The Carnival - A Guide to Pets

I legit dont use items with pet stats unless its a blue or a green that gives me health and resists. I always prioritize myself before pets. Should I still level on normal?

Depends. If you want more of a challenge Veteran will certainly cater to it from the get go. If not, Normal will be faster. It is more of a case of whether you want to rush through to ultimate or take it slow.

If not playing on HC, you could always try Veteran and then switch over to Normal if things feel too hairy for comfort.

Hey @Maya which one of your builds is stronger the Conjurer or the Cabalist? (and why :slight_smile:)

Fluffy Squishy Double Familiar Conjurer.

Because it can take much more punishment than my Will O Wisp Cabalist and still Survive. Mostly due to the sheer amount of Phys res it gets + the fact that you donā€™t need to stop to cast your pets while Reap Spirit is not exactly ideal if you are forced to kite.

Btw, on the topic of Crucible and SR, I honestly donā€™t notice any difference in SR. If anything it got easier compared to 1.1.3.0 where the spawns were moved closer and it was nearly impossible to lure bosses 1 by 1.

As for Crucible, it did get harder. But only in the sense that it is no longer a complete faceroll. And even then there is only a real threat if you are playing without blessings & banner.

All in all, endgame wise the only change I see is that things are kind of slower now and the only real ā€œproblemā€ with the update that you will come across is while leveling.

If you need to me to test out something in particular or have any feedback and stuff of your own, feel free to comment.

Also Fluffy Squishy has been updated to the current patch with no changes to the GT link itself. I might bring in the Dirge pet to Will O Wisp if testing goes smoothly.

Also note that the testing was primarily done with Fluffy Squishy, which also happens to be my strongest. So weaker builds will see more of a difference between pre and post patch content. On Fluffy however, the only real difference is that it is no longer immortal.

Lazy play style requires lazy updates :wink:

Interesting statement, in current patch despite Vanilla Nemesis buffs and more health to mobs and your builds are still rock solid. So pets, for easy win!

1 Like

New Will O Wisp Cabalist just did a 13 min Callagadra kill. So depending on how it does with everything else, I might need to update it :yum:

EDIT: Also 1 min Crate kill without any Consumables including HP Pots :scream:

Yup, Will O Wisp getting updated

1 Like

Aandā€¦ Like that Ghosts and Birbs (will o wisp) steal the title of the strongest from my Fluffy Squishy :open_mouth:

I spoke too soon. It would seem that while Will O Wisp did improve considerably offensive wise, Fluffy Squishy still wins out due to being able to complete Gladiator Cruicible with Extra Spawns without Blessings or Banner where Wisp fails.

So, the status quo hasnā€™t really changed overall. Still Wisp is pretty fast now, even though Fragile compared to conjurers.

EDIT:
I am now dying on Crucible even without extra spawns and with Blessings&Banner on Will O Wisp

Interestingā€¦ And yes, even with the previous setup that I was using pre patch it is still too fragile for my tastes atm.

Added a g4 version of Fluffy Squishy for maximum physical resistance :blush:

• Added a ā€œwhere to farmā€ section.

• Removed the links to my Warlord and Pet Purifier/Dervish.

:frowning: why? not ā€œpureā€ enough?

:rofl:

Noā€¦ the Purifier and Dervish got hit a bit too hard with the difficulty update.
As for the Warlord, it is no longer easier to play than Pet builds :scream:

Do the familiar ravens projectiles pierce when maxed out?

or is there a way to make them pierce?

No & No.

That said, it would be cool if the Mythical Will of Bysmiel amulet gave the projectiles the ability to pierce. Since you can only have 1 Familiar while using it, probably wonā€™t be overpowered either.

yeah that would help that AOE out a lot

Right now Iā€™m leveling an occultist with pets to eventually make a hybrid pet caster acid/poison/bleed build I have been theory crafting a while.
And while the pets have great single target, clear speed and AOE is a lot to be desired.
Having pierce of the ravens would help a lotā€¦

At least compared to the Nightblade, night chill, shadow strike, ring of steel, blade spirits, raise the dead skeles I just parked due to the slowness of the blade spirits requiring you to face tank to get the best out of them :confused:

For the love of all that is holy, donā€™t make a Pet hybrid build.

It never works!

Pets are either all in or nothing.

So stick with one or your pets will suck and your char will do no damage.

Damage is looking good for both sides, and on paper combined should be equal to either self cast or full pets

1200% pet damage with an extra 1400% of poison and acid on proc, plus some extra bleed

1200-1500% of acid and poison, 1100% bleed for me, plus an extra 800% duration damage

I just need to decide on a secondary masteryā€¦

How much are you and your pets doing in practice though?

Any benchmarks like Cruicible, SR, Lokarr, Ravager?

Because if you have cracked the code, consider me interested.

#BuffRetaliation2019 :partying_face::nerd_face:

1 Like

Still leveling :blush:

Really beefing up both mine and pet Auras to cap, converting ele to acid.
Some Pet physical to acid as well