The Carnival - A Guide to Pets

O_O

So if 50% Ele > Phy & 50% Fire > Phy, not 100% of fire gets converted to phys?

I was under the impression that same tier of conversion always occurred simultaneously and were additive.

Actually, first time hearing that dmg conversion of any kind are multiplicative :thinking:

Can you test it to be sure?

This is correct. Elemental is a separate step within each order (skill, global) and thus is multiplicative. In this case youā€™d see 75% conversion.

Also, the elemental order per gear piece was fixed iirc in a recent patch so you can determine exact order of this. Before that, elemental order in the calc was dependent on which item you equipped first. However, order only really matters when you have conflicting/divergent damage conversion - so order is mostly a moot point for the majority of builds.

2 Likes

Elemental > x and fire > x are not same tier conversion. I have and others have tested this.

1 Like

But anyways, conversion for pets works just as with conversion for players :slight_smile:

And are we sure this is not a bug?

Because Elemental and fire/cold/lightning is the only one that would behave this way then, correct?

Seems like a weird mechanic.

• if it is a bug nor not, I donā€™t know but it works like this anyway.
  • yes because elemental damage is the only damage type that is ā€œgroupedā€

@maya btw armor piercing (not something you as a petplayer will care about) is a conversion from physical damage to pierce under following conditions:

1. it takes place after all other physica to x dmg converisons
  2. skill must have at least 1% wpn dmg on it for become pierce damage
1 Like

Interesting. I am going to report it as a bug and let Z sort it out :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, the phys, armor thing is also weird but afaik the devs intended that to work like this :woman_shrugging:

nice try :smiley:

1 Like

Yup :sob:

1 Like

furthermore, I think pet builds have become more instersting, for me at least, recently - it seems that there are more ways to convert pet dmg now compared to say 1 year ago when FG was pretty new.

Yup, Pets are now at their most diverse and fun phase that I have seen since I joined.

For me too, I think I nailed the moment to join theā€¦ light side of things :smile:

But also thereā€™s number of great pet builders now, for some period only Maya was holding the front line.

1 Like

Aye, it warms my Pet heart to see so many different build ideas coming from so many builders. Pets are not being neglected anymore.

image image image

2 Likes

if my ring and hand armor both got 100% damage converted bonus for pet then which item occur first? the one i wear first i guess?

šŸ¤Æ malawiglennā€™s guide on game mechanics for beginners ā€œdamage conversionā€ section

Added Bottle Fwuffy and the others to the OP.

Hi Maya, just crossposting from the HC build topic,

Iā€™m going Conjurer pet for my first char in HC, do I follow your Dodo budget build while leveling?
What build from yours should I aim for HC?

Thanks again :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you have all both Ashes of Malmouth & Forgotten Gods DLCs, go for this: The Fluffy Squishy - Pet Conjurer

You can see GT links for every 10 levels on the 2nd post of the thread. It should help with choosing skills/devos :blush:

Ok, so one of the major complaints I get about the guide is how much text there is to slog through :stuck_out_tongue:

And another one is people not being able to find the links to the PDF guide itself, going into the build threads instead and wondering where the actual guide is :sweat:

So, umā€¦ prettied up the original post a bit and added the level up section there so that it will be easier for those looking for just the information on how to start playing :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey Maya!

First of all, tremendous work with your guides!
Could you tell me some ups and downs of the cabalist ritualist and conjurer to help me out with my pick? First time summoner and Iā€™m pretty new to the game aswell. Necromancer looks awesome with those spirits in the end of the tree, but Iā€™m open to try other things if you have a suggestion for a first timer!

Thanks in advance!

1 Like