The Carnival - A Guide to Pets

Major Update to the guide.

• Necromancer 1-100 done. GT links for every 10 levels
  • Stuff stolen from the official wiki
  • Lokarr

Also, I have reached the word limit on the forum guide :sob:

1 Like

So this is super rough, but damn I want to do something Chaos related with pets. This is just a baseline thatā€™s more of a rough draft (like half an hour of tinkering). https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4ZD6JXa2

have you thought of something along this line Maya? Maybe Iā€™m going about it completely wrong. Darn lost souls set for being vit based :frowning:

This was my take on it after all the Chaos and Will of Bysmiel Nerfs: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/nZod91lN

That was shortly after FG was released and it didnā€™t do as well as I expected, so I just kind of left it alone.

ugh, yea much more polished than my rough draft. That still didnt perform well? looks so good on paper. but then again iā€™ve not done anything with Chaos. I just assumed it was stronger base since there isnā€™t much support for it on most things.

Wellā€¦ it kind of depends on how you gauge performance. I didnā€™t test it in SR, and it did manage to do Crucible 2x with 1 round of blessings.

But it was the time when I had just got my hands on Bysmielā€™s Trinkets. So, I was judging by comparing it to how my Fluffy Squishy performed pre nerf. AKA under 10 min Callagadra Killsā€¦

I can give it another go some other time and post the results if you want :blush:

i would definitely be curious. Since i donā€™t GD stash, it would be a BIG time sink to farm mats/level a toon. Would you fit fiendgaze into a new setup? Or do you feel the rings are enough conversion? I havent tested the salazar pet, but based on itā€™s stats it looks promising. with 20% CRD itā€™s only down for a very short time. So Iā€™m still not sold on weapon slot.

Well, guide is more or less done for the time being. So, I can test all of the above.

CDR doesnā€™t affect item granted skill btw :frowning:

Thereā€™s my one thing I learned for the dayā€¦

1 Like

Sorry if this question has been answered, but I could not find the part of the guide or post. I am going to be following the budget conjurer. I have the devotion order from your post, but what order would you recommend maxing/taking skills?

Thanks for any advice

Follow the Occultist Build diary from 1-100. You will find it near the end of the Beginnerā€™s section. Just go to the Crucible section and work backwards :stuck_out_tongue:

But with a small change, Max Hellhound, but put only 1 point each in Ember Claw & Infernal Breath and none in Hellfire. Use those points to max out Briarthorn instead.

That should work while leveling and at lvl 94, you can respec to the Budget Conjurer.

THANKS! very much

Whatā€™s more important, bonuses to pet damage or pluses to pets & their skills?

Generally, skill points take priority but canā€™t give an exact answer without knowing how much bonus damage you already have, how much more you stand to gain and which skills and how many skill points we are talking about.

This is where Iā€™m currently at, just started Elite.
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YVWl8G0Z

Skill points, definitely skill points. Even more so if you can get ā€œ+1 to all skillsā€. Like a Fettan Mask which is a guaranteed Drop from the Maw secret area in Korvan Sands.

I skipped FG on normal, only going up to Malmouth Resistance to open their rep before starting Elite. Should I go back and do FG?

You donā€™t need to do the quests beyond the one that unlocks the Conclave of the Threeā€™s gates. Then you can just run into the Maw area and grab the helm.

You miss potential good quest rewards and faction reputation by not doing FG in Normal/Veteran.

Is there any rep that actually would help a pet user in FG?

Bysmiel, obviously.

The other 2 also have pet items.