The Fat Birb - Pet Warlock

Foreword:

Yes, you read the title correctly. It is a pet Warlock. Wanted to see if I could make it work. Turns out, I can :stuck_out_tongue:

Note: Requires both Ashes_of_Malmouth & Forgotten_Gods.

• [Pet] [1.1.4.2] (g3) (c+) (sr+) The Fat Birb - Pet Warlock (Maya)

• Damage: Pets
    • Active Skills: Summon Familiar, Summon Hellhound, Curse of Frailty, Blood of Dreeg, Dreeg’s Evil Eye, Call of the Beast, Bysmiel’s Command
    • Passive Skills: Bonds of Bysmiel, Possession, Iskandra’s Elemental Exchange, Maiven’s Sphere of Protection, Inner Focus, Fiendmaster, Presence of Might (x2)
    • WPS Skills: none

O) The Fat Birb: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/aZq3XLA2

Crucible 151-170, with 4 Blessings & Banner: https://i.imgur.com/CvfMmnq.jpg
No potions/consumables used. Was surprisingly easy :open_mouth:

Shattered Realms, Shard 75-76: https://i.imgur.com/XhvtmkF.jpg
No potions/consumables/shrines used.

2 Likes

Reserbirbs 1

Reserbirbs 2

Yup, got enough reserbirbs now

Overload doesn’t go to pets? But shaman’s Mog aura’s bonuses all go to pets from all 3 nodes, don’t they? And it’s worded exactly the same - radius mentioned in the first node but not in the other two.

I haven’t really done much testing tbh. Will do it tomorrow. Build needs polishing :stuck_out_tongue:

Warlock? Is this a new mastery that come with forgotten gods expac?

Damn arcanist only contribute a little and let occultist do all the work.

I see that you are taking your usual nature’s guardian + tree of life devo. Is going to dying God not worth it?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I think it is about a lock going to war, idk :stuck_out_tongue:

Yup, it is basically my solo Occultist build with arcanist added out of pity…

I was never a fan of DG tbh. I don’t take it even on Chaos/Vit pet builds. It is kind of a personal preference thing :undecided:

It does. The only thing in the IEE tree that does not is the conversion on the base skill.

Dying God is honestly pretty bad for pets when looked at in isolation (as far as T3 devotions go). Mogdrogen always is better offensively, even for Chaos or Vitality builds. The thing that Dying God does have going for it is that it can be realistically paired with Hourglass (Witching Hour) or with Ishtak (almost everything else).

A devotion setup like this would be better offensively than Ishtak/Tree, but worse than a normal Mogdrogen setup. It is possible to take Mogdrogen at the same time as either Dying God or Ishtak, but only on extremely narrow devotion paths that leave you handicapped in other ways.

For elemental builds I always prefer Mogdrogen, but on other builds I use Dying God + Ishtak fairly often. It’s flexible enough to allow a variety of other supporting or RR devotions to be taken. That said, the upcoming duration reduction is going to make it less attractive on any non-chaos/vitality builds.

This is why I don’t try to make pet builds. Mogdrogen on an elemental build? What?

So even for pet, dying God is still bad?
#BuffDyingGod2019

I see. I guess the most usable T3 for pet is ishtak then? I was trying to make lost soul set as a reliable cruci farmer but failed miserably. I guess taking dying god + rattosh is bad for pet build. Will try to do another variation after the patch hits.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Total speed helps everything pets do, and every offensive elemental Celestial Power that can bind to pets can fit into a Mogdrogen devotion setup.

It’s not bad, it’s just not amazing.

Ishtak is definitely the most usable. The defensive benefits are pretty critical since the game got harder with FG. It’s more important for SR than Crucible since it’s possible to steamroll things before they can kill you in Crucible.

Lmao! You just went for the Arcanist pet buff and that’s it. You should’ve called it Occultist anyway. :rolleyes:

Does everyone actually love this damn bird? I’ve used it for about 10 - 15 hours and I really like this guy. :smiley:

:slight_smile: What a great time to be alive… I mean to be dead like… you know

:cry:

I really like the birb and I’m actually said that there isn’t a way to get like 6 birbs going and no other pets. Become a true birb lord.

As has been mentioned before, Overload should apply to the pets (last node in IEE line). Would definitely recommend getting that.

On top of that, conversion would be nice if you wanna get CC res, but considering you already seem to feel good about where you are on the build i suppose that can be an afterthought.

And yes, in regards to Dying God on pets, generally Mogdrogen is better. Even if Dying God was 10% more damage on dummy, it’s not as practical as Mogdrogen because Mogdrogen makes your pets respond faster and finish any idle-related stuff faster (sometimes they will walk a little before attacking again, this makes it go faster, for example). On top of that Dying God cuts into your regen anyways, which is managable on softcore but kinda yikes on HC.

Changed the build a bit. Things die a bit faster now:D

Basically what Siggy said. +40 total speed is a pretty good steroid regardless of the dmg type.

Nah, obvious answer is obviously #BuffPets2019 :stuck_out_tongue:

:stuck_out_tongue:

Birb is Love, Birb is Life!

I think that would be like the most OP build ever :smiley:

Yup, got overload. Crucible times got a bit better (though I was hoping for more :()

Conversion imo, is kind of too far out there. Not enough points to comfortably get it.

I’m just curious, but why not mythical runebrand legwraps? The extra points in storm spirit and IEE should be welcome as well as the pet bonuses.

DA takes a rather sizeable hit in doing so. So, not sure if it is a good idea.

I feel like I’m missing something. DA shows the same for me.