The Lazy Hour - Pet Cabalist

@Maya Thanks for the awesome work you do on pet builds!

I have personally never played one and this here caught my eye. I have all the pieces needed except for the amulet. Could you propose any feasible replacement options, that will still let me clear SR 75-76 reliably?

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Mythical Heart of the Mountain should do well. Another choice would be Mythical Blightshard amulet. If neither are available any generic pet amulet or something like Kaisan’s amulet for the +1 to all skills should do fine :yum:

Also, welcome to the forums :blush:

First, thanks for this build!

I’ve just have only one question: which is the devotion path?
It’s something I’ve never learn from this game and still bugs me.

purple
Shepherd’s
remove purple
green
Raven
red
Jackal
blue
Eel
Murmur
remove green
remove Jackal
Scholar’s light
remove Raven
Put 4 points in Rhowan’s Crown
Sailor’s guide
remove Blue
yellow
Turtle
Crane
Hound
Solemn Watcher
Tree
Ishtak

Instead of the 4th node on Crown, you can also instead go for the 1st node of Empyrion instead.

1 Like

Hi Maya, thanks for being the Pet Overlord around here.

Why do you complete the Murmur devotion? I’m looking at the last two nodes (+% cold damage and something else), that % doesn’t do anything for the pets, right?

First of all welcome to the forums :blush:

It is for the affinities a complete constellation provides. In this case, 2 green & red.

Ah, I see. Thank you again! I’m enjoying this build very much (as my first pet build!)

1 Like

Hello. I just came back after a very long hiatus. I would like to play GD again and this build drew my attention. The question is: is it a good starter build and is it still viable? Thanks in advance for the answer.

Viable? Yes.

Starter? No. For that, go here and pick a budget/beginner setup: The Carnival - A Guide to Pets

Would you consider this the strongest pet build after the last patch?

Not even close. This was more of an experiment :stuck_out_tongue:

Which build would you give the designation to now?

Fluffy Squishy / Rawr God, depending upon whether you prefer Conjurer or Cabalist and if you plan on killing Crate or not.

Rawr God, being Blightfiend based, has too much AoE to take on Crate Superboss :frowning:

Hey, been leveling a cabalist! your carnival guide says Will-O-Wisp is one of the strongest and can kill everything, does this still hold true or not? If not: which would you consider the strongest cabalist build and are any still able to kill every boss?

It still holds true :yum:

1 Like

Thanks for answering! Good to know it’s still as powerful! Guess I’ll have to do a metric ton of farming to get all the gear haha.

1 Like

Hi Maya, thank you for your great work! I used to play builds provided by David Allen a few years ago (700+ played). I decided it is the highest time to go Hard Core and enjoy Grim dawn again. I can see your suggestion regarding the strongest pet build (w-o-t-w) atm. Is it valid? I have pet cabalist - ooold build :slight_smile: Do you have a link to up to date w-o-t-w build/equipment, please? EDIT: forget it, I found it!

1 Like

For future references, I keep links to most of my popular builds here in this thread: The Carnival - A Guide to Pets :blush:

1 Like

Devotions order ?

Posted it a while back.

1 Like