The Lazy Hour - Pet Cabalist

Foreword:

I kind of wanted to make an Untransmuted BlightFiend Build…

I also wanted to make a Witching Hour build, but those always ended up with too many buttons and hard to play…

…until now :smiling_imp:

• [Pet] [1.1.3.0] (g3) (c+) (sr+) The Lazy Hour - Pet Cabalist (Maya)

• Damage: Pets
    • Active Skills: Summon Blight Fiend, Reap Spirit, Summon Familiar, Summon Eldritch Talon, Blood of Dreeg, Curse of Frailty, Call of the Grave, Sovereign, Witching Hour
    • Passive Skills: Possession, Bonds of Bysmiel, Spectral Binding, Presence of Might
    • WPS Skills: none

GrimTools Link: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/D2p85Je2

Crucible 150-170, with 4 Blessings, 1 Banner: https://i.imgur.com/Ts6LIhg.jpg
No potions/consumables used.

Shattered Realms, Shard 75-76: https://i.imgur.com/RZTbbv0.jpg
No Shrines/Potions/Consumables used except for Tonic of Mending.

3 Likes

Reserglobs

Reserglobs2

Reserglobs3

ghol cabalist

:smirk:

Would you mind sharing with me the skill/devotion progression for the build? I have all but two items for the complete build, but getting to level 94 is a bit of a pain.

Go here: The Carnival - A Guide to Pets

Level up as Occultist or Necromancer. You will find the GT links for every 10 levels near the end of the Beginner section of the guide. Switch to this build at 94.

Hi, new to pet build here. Can you explain how Possession is better than Master of Death?

• No conversion of pet damage into Vitality on Possession (you don’t want that in non Vit pet builds)
  • Free Chaos Resistance
  • Damage Absorption

Player DA and Pet OA on Master of Death are good, but not enough for me to pick it here.

thanks !

Do you think Ritualist will be better with Witch hour & Ghol set than Cabalist? Anyway I will try this one out, already have a 94 cabalist and most of the set.

Cabalist > Ritualist

Any changes in the build for 1.1.4.0 or too early to ask? :slight_smile:

Do you have the new patch already? :open_mouth:

Not quite yet, but isn’t it supposed to come out today?

I play on GOG. We get patch late. And I still need to test out stuff one by one. But probably no changes on this one since I need all the skill points I can get, so swapping out Shadowfiend’s Cord is probably not happening.

1 Like

so this build is still solid even at 1.1.4.0

Every single one of my pet builds is still solid at 1.1.4.0

Yes, Shadowfiend’s Pierce res was nerfed by 15% (40% to 25%), but the place where pet pierce res even comes into play is pretty much against Callagadra.

And if you want to do superbosses with this build, you will have to take Unstable Anomaly, in which case you won’t care about pet resistances anyway.

i see thanks still using your skull build since i need to farm some acid stuff from this build anyway

1 Like

I am in the same place I’m nearly 92 now I’m missing half the ghols set though. Also the devotion progression I am stuck with too I gave up and just chucked them in pet bonuses whilst I leveled and used beastermasters set with the lower level witching hour which has proved very good for leveling