This game has 0 balance. OMG is it unbalanced!

So basically they should remove all redundant difficulties before torment VIII, because even starter gear is too OP? Also what does it say about a game’s complexity when a new player just needs to get the one starter set and then he can do content in torment VIII? It’s either insane imbalance (between the starter set and the previously found gear) or the game is just super easy. Don’t tell me a new player has fully understood D3’s mechanics by investing a couple of hours into the first chapter only. Whenever people bring up D3 for anything except for maybe fluid gameplay I can’t help myself but laugh.

That said, Grim Dawn really needs to improve ingame tooltips, ingame game guide and have a voice for lore notes (even text to speech AI would do tbh).

I am sure nothing at all has changed in the game since then, so always clinging to one two year old case to argue how the entire game has 0 balance clearly shows that…

1 Like

You know that voice acting ain’t cheap, right? Now multiply that by the insane amount of lore notes available in the games and you have your recipe for “we indie, not happening”. And using text to speech would make the game sound very amateurish and cheap. Sometimes silence is the best option.

I know, I know, but a man can dream :stuck_out_tongue:

Just make it a toggle :thinking:

It sounds like you prefer easier ARPG’s. Which is totally fine btw. No judgement on my end.

But if that’s the case, GD isn’t for you.

You’re not going to enjoy GD very much if you don’t take the time to learn why your specs are failing.

EDIT: Ask any “expert” here - We’ve all failed more often than we’ve succeeded.

5 Likes

I’ve even made fan art about the whole “failing as an integral part of GD”

5 Likes

QFT. If I sat down and tried, I could count the number of characters I’ve levelled up to 85 (in vanilla) or 100 (in AoM/FG) and fully geared/tested on my hands. And feet. And that still wouldn’t be nearly enough.

Some of them were successes, but many of the early ones were failures and deleted at a later date or abandoned.

2 Likes

Fun fact: The number of pack mules I used to have (which was many) = The number of failed builds I abandoned.

To add to their shame, their names were removed via GDstash, and they were assigned a number. (e.g. pack mule 6)

Very accurate! I hold the Crucible record for fastest clear time, 11 seconds before my DW physical Opressor dies :smile:

I have so many failed builds but people can’t see the unsuccessful attempts, right! And I play without searching for information when I started. My first character - Witch Hunter died 32 times… on normal difficulty, including twice in a row against Venomstinger.

So game like everything in life have learning curve. For some learning is easier than others. But if you do it with passion, you can become better! :slightly_smiling_face:

I think I might hold the fastest naked cr record. :stuck_out_tongue:

7:06 was my best

John Smith had Cyclone EoR Archon with around 7 minutes naked time in early days of FG too. Your time must have been with Warborn EoR right?

I mean it’s crazy if you think about it, beating naked like 70-80% of builds with end game sets! Plus naked Crucible is lot harder, I can attest to that.

Btw why do Half Trolls have guns/bows/ weapons in the Gruesome harvest jails?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTDn3fmMS6U

Was actually PB WH

4 Likes

Yup, why make the game difficult for yourselves, when you got faithful servants that will do the job for you! :wink:

2 Likes

Btw some people asked for it, so this is my brand new level 73 2H ranged build in 2019 that will require a lot of DA later on:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/gZwLl1lN

I don’t want to get spoiled but if there are some mistakes - especially about DA optimization - please tell me. I’m quite satisfied by this glass cannon build (it used to die a bit too much when I started ultimate at level 50 but now it does fine) but I can still die easily against big burst of damage.

1 Like

I suggest you drop thunderous strike for now as your DA is low.

I recommend savagery. Especially because primal strike cannot proc WPS like feral hunger, as listed in the tool tip description on the transmutor.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4ZD4mPQZ

My suggestion using faction bought gear + items you have on you

EDIT: I would prioritize the following skills:

1. Inqui seal
  2. Word of renewal (leave this @ an odd number as those are the break points for which you get reduced damage from eldritch enemies)
  3. Inqui WPS - 6/10, 8/10, and 7/10 respectively
  4. Arcane empowerment
  5. Storm touched
  6. Heart of the wild

I don’t have much reputation from faction, this is a brand new character on my self-found 2017 items. I am in Homestead. Will have to farm a lot more to get reputation to revered status.

Honestly you lower my dps/ hp by a big margin while gaining only 300 DA, you are sure about this?

Do you have faction mandates? With the exception of FG factions, you should be revered with the lot of them by the time you roll around ultimate

You need to remember that you had 0 RR on your character before. -34% from censure is big, and along with that RR comes 18% damage reduction to enemies.

I would personally even go so far as to drop points in savagery to max out raging tempest. (Forgot to mention that Raging tempest should be the next thing you hard cap)

No faction mandate either, I rushed to Ultimate as soon as I killed the Logo’ because I hate the other two difficulties. So no. I have 0 cash as well right now, shall I save everything for faction mandate after I swapped some abilities?