Titan Quest Atlantis

Would buy that, I too can’t stand TQ anymore, the game is too old and dated, I can’t go back anymore. It just annoys me more than anything.

Atlantis - Patch Notes

To be honest, TQ appeals more to me than GD at the moment. I haven’t touched GD since the last patch. The balancing in this obvious single player game is too much now. It turns me off to the point that if anything new gets released I simply won’t buy it and I always buy GD stuff on day one.

They could have also saved the Ragnarok and Atlantis stuff for the sequel. Too late now though.

Well I see they certainly did not update the graphics of the player character…
I might buy it but same as Ragnarok, unlikely to play it anytime soon. Maybe I will wait for a price drop.
The screenshots on steam show way too many existing enemies modded or reskinned. That was a problem for me in Ragnarok too. No new mastery also rankles my feathers.
And generally, after GD TQ seems like a step back - no skill modifying items, no sets that would give you much more than base damage / defense increase… nothing that super special. Reminds me how far GD has come from the original TQ.
Anyone who played it could detail the changes? What are the quality of live improvements?

It finally has casting like GD’s. Casting skills from the skill bar no longer prompts a reticule, aim with it, and then click the skill again to cast. Skills cast directly from the skill bar and you only need to aim with the cursor.

That’s honestly the biggest one. I recall something about a shared component bag.

WOW! That really makes all the difference. I hated playing casters in TQ because of how cumbersome it was to hit a button then aim!!! :smiley:

Titan Quest Improvements

DirectX 11 support including color grading, ambient occlusion, and soft particles
with DirectX 9 legacy mode

Custom settings for displaying combat damage and effects
‘Quick-Cast’ option to cast all spells directly at the cursor
Colored items backgrounds that show their rarity
New loot filters for valuable yellow items or only green and above
Large shared Relic Vault to store your characters’ Relics, Recipes & Artifacts
Quick transfer of items to and from the stash by right-clicking
Improved Arcane Formula highlighting of owned ingredients
Improved item tooltip highlighting of supported skills
Bulk buying of Potions (10 at a time) by shift-clicking
Item comparison for items on the ground.
Default Taunt skill for everyone

Select All Pets can now handle more than five pets
Magically enhanced skill numbers are now in a more readable color
Projectile and weapon trails no longer disappear.
Fewer limitations for assigning skills to mouse buttons
Support for fourth and fifth mouse buttons
Numpad support for entering passwords
Key to hide the UI for screenshots
Force move keybind to run towards the cursor position

Option not to play intro videos
Cinematics menu to watch videos
Selectable menu background scene
Options menu tooltips
Improved borderless window mode

True. I often feel this way about King’s Bounty. After Legend and Armored Princess, and the expansion to that game, Crossworlds, they put the team on a MMO project and left KB in the hands of an inexperienced team who not only messed up balance and a lot of key gameplay elements in the next game, but they left in so many bugs I am not kidding, me and other players were fixing it for them on their forums.
Then they released an expansion and one more game, with the same bugs still active…
And yet people still praised them because they just saw the same graphics and style and never considered it is no longer the same team behind them.

I was hoping to see the list of changes to items and skills if there are more of them than Freija’s armor and Giant’s tooth.

In the menu it is now possible to setup damage display, that has several options from crits only to everything. Which was only available before from things like TQ defiler. It displays evasion and block too, and has improved looks ingame. There might also be new keybindings, though I don’t quite remember what were these in the original game.

Yes, there are several new keybindings and also the defaults for others have changed so if you do play Atlantis check those before you dive in.

I am happy to see they continue to support this great game that is Titan Quest.
At the same time, once we have been used to all the nice improvements from Grim Dawn, it’s hard to go back to TQ.
There are some quality of Life improvements in this version like “Quick Cast” but I feel like “autocollect gold” should be implemented to avoid pressing a key every 10 seconds for collecting gold.
Otherwise, I really wish they make a TQ2 in the future.

I am not that all keen into this now. because when Ragnarok came out, i had my expectations crumbled. even though it had fewer nice levels like that colorful garden , and Asgard halls. they didn’t really put effort in creating quality content. for eg - they used sylvian nymph model as asgardian huntresses. and throwing weapons were very inconsistent visually and damage wise. even these were not that bothersome for me, what was unacceptable was the seriously messed up loot tables with throwing weapons dropping ridiculously often. imagine grinding for literally days only to find 7 neith’s wills in row. i will still get this expansion, because it is TITAN QUEST right:D

Another funny thing, I made a post about improving fx before the forums wend down, as people replied , i decided crate are way beyond the point of touching the art assets now. but surprise surprise, the new patch improves many fxs. like that i just imagined that titan quest had something like crucible or shattered realm…bam! today morning i found about TQ ATLANTIS with a arena mode.

every thought of mine is getting manifested :D:D:D

I disagree, Titan Quest is balanced around being broken - that’s the reason why the game was fun despite the slow combat and extremely clunky animations. You can make almost anything work with some synergy from another mastery and items.
AE actually ruined non-physical builds by trying to “balance” cooldown reduction with 80% cap along with other things. No more summoner conquerors and billions of volcanic orbs or lightning bolts on screen. No more badass boss-destroying liches as well.

Welp, I beat Atlantis last night. Story wise it felt lacking. Final 2 bosses got me by surprise, wasn’t expecting them and am still not sure why they were in Atlantis…that said the new areas were very cool. Brand new environments, most of the enemies were new models and not recycled. I didn’t see any new items except for some mediocre looking relics. Overall it felt kinda short and I wasn’t super thrilled with the experience. Quality wise I’d say better than Ragnarok but with all the issues (audio bugs, lack of auto targeting, inventory issues, legendary drop rate) it pales in comparison to any gd xpak

If it was balanced around being broken (which makes no sense), why do difficulties have resistances penalties? If it was meant to be broken, they wouldn’t give such a big penalty for the player. They clearly wanted the game to be balanced but failed. Plus all the broken stuff in the Gold Edition were clearly left there because the company went under. I’m pretty sure if Iron Lore continued they would have made the game more balanced.

And honestly, everything working is one of the reasons i can’t play Titan Quest anymore, besides the clunky combat. I literally don’t have to try with any build and it will still work. There’s no moment where your well tuned, well made build just clicks and you see what the devs were trying to accomplish for this type of build.

There’s no puzzle to figure out, i just pick whatever and it works. Game literally doesn’t require any theorycrafting and it’s boring as sin for that. Which is why i want a sequel instead of expansions for the first game, so that they can make an actual balanced game where i have to think hard about my build.

The problem with Titan Quest is that the game is too easy if you know what are you doing. Act 3 and Immortal Throne kinda fix that problem, but you can (and should) always do more.
That’s why any sane player used mods, Soulvizier and Achilles are my personal favorites.

Now that’s plain wrong, but this point is pretty much impossible to prove if you already have an opinion. Still, I visited TQ forums in my youth and saw plenty of theorycrafting and unique builds.

Nope, it isn’t. Theorycrafting is only truly a thing when you are trying to make a working build. If EVERY build works, then theorycrafting is no longer required. The only thing i really need to do is cap resistances and not much else really. People can theorycraft all they want, but its meaning is lost in my opinion when every build works.

And i’m pretty sure all the theorycrafting was made for difficulty mods, which actually require people to think about their builds. Vanilla is extremely easy by comparison, making every build work.

Well, it may be for you, but I still die plenty of times with my builds. And I did a couple of wacky ones a while back. HR only in 3 different varieties and one using only the Radiant/Shining gear.

you must be very good at the game Norzan, but I am playing some dual weilding build right now i died 6 times already in act 1 alone. by the way I dont have any support from transfer tabs. Loot drops are hot garbage. I did not use components in gear, did not clear the map too because of boredome maybe thats why. And enemies are a chore to kill:eek:

Grim dawn is way easier at least in the early part of the game. :eek: I never die in act 1 in GD maybe perhaps because I have played GD too much that I know every enemy move and what to avoid , and gear drops are actually useful .