TitanQuest.net Site

No, nothing posted. I hadn’t been to the site for a few days, but gather it had been having problems again with people not being able to join/log-in then it all seemed to be fixed and everyone was celebrating - and then nothing. Father Squid would have told us if there had been any prior warning.

jiaco, I’m not talking waiting weeks, just a few days while Father Squid sees if anything can be done to rescue the site or obtain the database. If iEntry are dead set against reviving it, any negative news might jeopardise negotiations for obtaining the database.

Yes, I’m sure it’s a conspiracy surrounding the mobile release of a decade old game. That makes perfect sense.

I just want to add my voice to those that say that this situation sucks, and even though I never got around to making an account over titanquest.net I must have spent immeasurable amounts of time reading maaany many threads and learning so much stuff over there. And now my bookmarks to resistance reductions, compilation of funny pics and the mule train point to this cyber-tar stuff. Cyber-tar indeed. Anyone got the feathers?

There was no notice anywhere. The iEntry people who I spoke to apologized for the way things happened and said they felt bad at the way the closure went.

I’d just encourage people to be patient for a little bit. I am pretty positive iEntry will never revive TitanQuest.net however, I am not so certain the forum will never be revived.

Ok, Medea, that’s why I asked beforehand :slight_smile:

So, if anybody is missing things, just PM me. I might have it.

@fathersquid: So, that means we might get the forum data back (in some way), but the not the forum in the way it was, yes? In any case, thanks a lot for your efforts!

Well this really blows. I had a lot of those threads bookmarked and had a wishlist for mods I never got around to playing with. Unfortunately, my wishlist was on the damn site…

Oh well, hope to hear some good news soon since my girlfriend and I have been playing together over LAN for the last two months and we used the site on occasion.

All reports I’ve seen say that they fixed every issue the patch did, and more.

I have the following stored on my website, I just had them there so I could easily download them to my laptops and have the same version as my PC.

I would hope that yes, that is what will happen. No real thanks necessary… I’ve been hanging on to the forum for pretty much 10 years now… I’d hate to see it disappear as much as anyone. Also, I too have a good chunk of the mods/files that were posted. I can’t guarantee I can find everything, but I can certainly try and help people out.

Well, from the sounds of it they may co-operate regarding the database if they feel bad about how they screwed things up. Did they give any reason for the sudden closure?

Cross fingers you’ll have good news for us soon Father Squid.

For what it’s worth, if you go to ientry.com’s homepage, you’ll see they have a LOT of websites. Scrolling over some of the links for the websites, most of them seem to include the word “archive” in the link. It looks like the whole operation was suddenly shut down. Some websites were updated to have an archive page, others weren’t and go to the weird cybertar.ientry.com wordpress blog page.
Would be nice to know why they were suddenly closed and what the future is…

Nordic Games re-released Dungeon Lords in December. They have made patches but not for a couple of months and there still are major issues with the game and not enough improvement for me to purchase. I don’t have a mentality of ‘punishing’ Nordic Games for not doing something I like but I have observed in the past game companies who make a mess in one game also make a mess in another.

That is a possibility claudius, but perhaps better talked about on this thread.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=391197#post391197

Nordic, as far as we know, had nothing to do with iEntry shutting down TitanQuest.net. As I said it would be a bit illogical for them to do so as it was a possible source of new players for them.

The forum is still down. Any news?

Unlikely to be back as we know it according to Father Squid, but waiting to hear from him about whether it can be revived at all or not. He’s in discussion with iEntry so we just hope to hear something from him soon.

TQ.net has a pretty big fanbase, let’s hope for the best.

I have been a member of various communities throughout the years, but if tq.net is gone, then it is going to be the biggest blow ever.

I just read the previous pages (when i posted my earlier messages i had not yet read all the messages everyone posted in this thread).

I think TQ.NET was a valuable website because of all the information it contained. All the class guides and other information i myself and other people posted there, were valuable stuff for people who googled for various questions regarding titan quest.

BUT… even if we never get the forum back, even if we never even get the old forum data, we can always start from scratch, since what was posted in that forum was the knowledge of people, and some or most of those people were still active in tq.net last i checked. So the info can always be reposted.

What i actually never asked was if tq.net was a rented domain. Was someone paying money for the upkeep of the website (which im guessing that the answer is positive), if so, how can the host just shut it down and delete all the info. The least ientry can do is to give back the files.

As for nordic games, i personally never bothered downloading their patch. I was still using the fanpatch together with the other community mods and fixes, the game was just perfect the way the fans built it.

I agree Pazuzu. We can rebuild a lot of it from what we all know or have tucked away somewhere. I have 3 of Cassidy’s builds for the original TQ game for example. Only printed out, but it would be easy enough to put them back on a website. May not seem that relevant, but his Conqueror build took me through the TQIT game twice as a first character so it is still viable. I’ve also got some of the mods so those could be uploaded if someone explains to me how to do it.

As far as I know iEntry own the site, not rent it. There was a thread on TQ.net (lot of good that does us now) which was titled TitanQuest.net new owners iirc. Of course that could also mean they rented it, but my impression was they’d bought it off the previous owner/s.

@medea & Pazuzu: Yeah, ientry bought the site IIRC.

The old (class/character) guides might not actually be that useful, however. Once Nordic’s patch leaves beta lots of things will be viable which weren’t before and vice versa so many guides would have to be at least rewritten if not redone from scratch. General knowledge guides might only need minor changes, though. It’s still the same game after all.

What I really think is the biggest loss are threads where modding/bugfixing discussion did take place and modding tutorials. Plus threads with links to various neat tools, etc. (temschi’s meshview for example) Those would be really useful now that there’s the possibility to throw your mods on the Steam workshop (maybe influx of new modders?).

Im personally willing to dig up whatever i still have from the old forums. Be it guides or other info.

I got the following guides (i ll try to find my own guardian guide as well, if i still have it)

Immortal Bow Haruspex Guide_files

The Weapon Master - A Binary Slayer Guide_files

Harbinger - The Warrior Ultimate Build_files

[Guide] Pwning with Spirit_files

[Conquerer] Guide for Compendium_files

No, possibly not Malgardian, but there probably are still people playing the vanilla version who may find them useful. And there may be others like me who decide to stick with what we have and not update further. Are the Nordic updates for both games or only the IT version?