[Tool] DPYes - Player/pet DPS meter & Misc util

14j adds a style selection for the item record:

Note: You need to re-open the tooltip for the new style to take effect.

4 Likes

Does this work with steam cloud saves? All I want to see is the DPS and donā€™t care about other options. If just showing DPS will corrupt cloud saves, let me know.

After years of using Grim Internals (and missing it dearly since 1.2), I only now realized this tool exists!
Great stuff Sleepless; thank you for creating this tool!

I turned on Incoming DPS and I can now tell clearly which damage types Iā€™m taking the most and analyzing my deaths has become sooo much easier!

I would love to have a way to tell when Iā€™ve gotten critically hit. Is there any plan to add a panel to view the current DA in the future? (or crit multiplier of incoming damage, or crit chance of the last target that hit me)
I recall Grim Internals having something similar, and it really helps understand crits better. Using the in-game DA mouse-over in town is very lacking because it does not take into account the DA and OA shred that only happens in battle.

Anyway this is an awesome tool and Iā€™m happy to have found this!

Thanks for the improvements. :+1:

Hide Items During Combat is really nice. Thanks @Sleepless
I assume time to show items after the combat ends is purposely quite long so that items donā€™t ā€œblinkā€ / are shown and hidden for a brief moment only when youā€™re quickly engaging in subsequent fights? Would you consider lowering it a bit or made it configurable in the config file?

Can someone give me a rundown on how to add the teleport options in? I found the post from GI and created a note with the GI teleport list.

I donā€™t wanna make a mistake here, so where do I save this .txt file?

You can add new teleport destinations with the program itself or by adding them to the GrimINternals_TeleportList .txt file that should be where DPYes and Grim Dawn .exes are which is the main folder of the game.

Briefly pressing the Show items (No Filter) key (default: Alt) will stop hiding items in combat for 10 seconds

DPYes 14l:

• Adds a new method for how ā€œin-combatā€ is determined

Previously this was crudely determined based on the characterā€™s state (e.g., Idle, Move, Attack, Evade, etc.)

• The new Combat manager method triggers off of damage dealt to/by you

• Both hides items in either case and is the new default

• Adds an option to control how long it lingers for:

XIseBAya67

4 Likes

I wonder how this will work with pets)

Hi! Awesome mod. Im using v1.2.1.2 and when I open the app a window say that it need a bunch of dlls. Is there a solution for that? CrashReport.dll, Statreport.dll, Lua51.dll etc.

Very nice. I use 0s linger time now. I would macro Alt / Toggle Hide Items in the past for this but couldnā€™t have 0s linger as Grim Dawn would then queue up many Items Shown / Hidden messages and display them for many minutes long after battles were over :man_facepalming:

How are you launching Grim Dawn+DPYes? With DPYes.exe or via auto launch?
If via the exe, does using the auto launch method work for you?

Currently auto hide is not working with pets, the next version will also trigger from pet damage.

Hi, Iā€™ve been trying to get this working on my linux system as well but i havenā€™t been able to get it working. Can you please share how you got it running?

Version 14m changes:

• In-combat detection now also based on pet damage dealt
  • Attempt to not auto loot other playerā€™s instanced loot as host :crossed_fingers:
  • Some new WIP skill damage and hit tracking windows under the debug options
    The skill damage attribution isnā€™t perfect, e.g.,
    • DoT damage ticks can occasionally be incorrectly attributed to another hit in addition to itself
    • Skills are IDā€™d separately per enemy(?) ā€“ This means you will see multiple entries for each skill when fighting groups
      BobuVela82
      qEVaPuVu39
  • ā€˜Newā€™ DPS window
    This is largely the same as the existing DPS tracking with adjustments to how (wrt timing) damage is averaged in line with the Skill DPS tracking.
3 Likes

Iā€™ve been using DPYes for about a week now, and it was going just fine. Yesterday, my game started crashing as soon as I entered combat.

I launched the game without DPYes and I could not recreate the crash. If DPYes is active, then my game crashes as soon as I start attacking any enemy within the game, even if I disable all features within DPYes. I tried reinstalling DPYes, and I tried reinstalling Grim Dawn (I installed it through GOG, not Steam).

Iā€™m very confused, and I donā€™t know what the problem is, has anyone else encountered this ā€œcrashing when entering combatā€ behavior?

EDIT: It appears to have something to do with my minions. I can attack without minions, but as soon as I spawn one and it attacks, my game crashes

This is likely a bug with 14m specifically, downgrading to 14l (still linked in the OP) should alleviate the issue in the meantime.

Edit: What minions are you using that cause this behaviour?

I havenā€™t done any rigorous testing, and Iā€™ve already swapped off of that build to skirt the issue. I do remember testing it with just a Hellhound and the Eldritch Hound from the Bysmielā€™s Command devotion. When Eldritch spawned in, my game crashed, so it could be that one, or it could be all of them, Iā€™m not sure

If I swap back to my minion build, Iā€™ll try out the 14l edition instead, thanks!