[Tool] GD save file editor

is here,thanks

@Odie @k0e1y Iā€™ve figured it out! The error (and not only that - also sluggish program, lag when typing character name etc) is when you have .json and gedit.exe in game's directory! It will probably be an easy fix for you.

Error, laggy program, character not generating:

Moved to desktop - fast program, everything works fine:

Nice find but there really isnā€™t anything to fix. You can put gd-edit where ever you want. I usually put it in itā€™s own directory but thatā€™s because I use the batch feature and donā€™t want all the batch scripts cluttering up the game folder.

False - a correctly used program returning Java errors instead of a save is something to fix.

Hi there!

Please give this a go:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vueuj8g3dcxbi2e/gd-edit-standalone.exe?dl=1

If things work okay for you, Iā€™ll promote this to an official release.

Thanks!

Thanks for tracking this down. Iā€™ll look into what might have gone wrong.

It should have made no difference where the editor is located, but thatā€™s apparently not the case! x)

1 Like

It worked! Whereas the OP didnā€™t two times on my character (similar Oppressor). Yes, I had this error just like @Sir_Mac

[edit] But thereā€™s some problem! Generated the character but with unspent Attribute points like that

[edit2] Retested again on standalone.exe - the same incorrect generation.

Hi Odie!

Thank you very much for the quick fix / hotfix. It worked like a charm for me. All two builds I was unable to ā€œcompileā€ were compiled without any troubles.

You can promote the version stored on that Dropbox link into a new regular version of the app!

Thank you once again, if anything occurs, I am going to write ASAP!
Sir_Mac

Yes, this is the problem of skill points. I also have this problem

Hi all!

@tqFan @k0e1y @Sir_Mac

Here comes a new version!
There are quite a few fixes in this new version, mostly centered around character creation:

• Celestial powers should be correctly assigned to skills
  • Exact item affix variants will be picked correctly
  • Assigned attribute points should now match up to those shown by grimtools
  • Fixed ā€œratioā€ errors when writing out character files
  • Fixed broken steam library detection

I think this just about addresses all the problems that were reported over the past few days.

You can get the latest version linked from the original post or with the ā€œupdateā€ command. It should report itself as gd-edit 0.2.429 [build 7dd18e4]. Let me know if anything still isnā€™t working right!

Have fun gaming!

3 Likes

Hello, I donā€™t know if itā€™s my problem. In my test just now, my skill points are still not assigned correctly, which leads to the lack of attributes and the inability to equip weapons

Hi there!

Iā€™m assuming youā€™re using this character you shared previously:

Iā€™m not sure why there are certain discrepancies between the game and grimtools.

For this particular character, it says:
Screenshot 2023-01-27 222755
Maybe some game data has changed from version to version that causes slight differences?

Regarding the attributes, if you mouse over physique, cunning, and spirit, both grimtools and the game will tell you how many points have been spent on them.

For this character build, it looks like:

physique: 8 pts spent
cunning: 86 pts spent
spirit: 13 pts spent

In this sense, the character and itā€™s attribute point spend has been recreated correctly. Again, I donā€™t really know why the final values donā€™t really match up exactly.

One thing that I did notice is that both the armor and the legging has a physique requirement of 911, and this build only has a physique of 892 (shown in game) or 897 (shown in grimtools). Those two pieces simply cannot be equipped no matter what. I guess some values were tweaked or rebalance? Or maybe it requires some ā€œspecific rollā€ where the requirements are lowered?

Anyway, since youā€™re using the editor anyway, you can just give yourself a few more attribute points:

set attribute-points 20

then assign the points until you can use the equipment again. Maybe this isnā€™t idea, but at least it will let you try the build. =)

Hi, because the game and grimtools have different skill points, the warrior has a skill point that reduces the weight required for equipment, but in the game the skill points are actually less than grimtools
I posted a comparison picture earlier and you can see that grimtools has more upgrades than the game

Game upgrade position and BD seems to have no small difference

Even tho tool works as baby butter, I accdientaly stumbbled across another possible bug having 2 big guns at same time (screenshot below):

Hi thereā€¦

There are skill point discrepancies because, right after character generation, there are 4 pieces of mythical-level gear that are still inactive.
Inked - Before character

If you put one more point into spirit, it appears all 4 pieces become equipable. Youā€™ll then end up with skill levels that are the same as shown in grimtools.

Hey Odie, please donā€™t fix this double 2h weapon bug :stuck_out_tongue:
Because we now have 2 weapons with different rolls to choose from in 1 generation

1 Like

donā€™t know bruh, seems a bit sus to me. Like will u get +4 guardians with that or watā€¦

I just checked and you indeed get +4 Guardians but I mean if someone want to play like that why not :stuck_out_tongue: I donā€™t because I make characters for build guides. Itā€™s just comfy to have another weapon to choose from if 1 generates with very bad rolls

1 Like

If you want to just get several copies/rolls of the same item, you can do:

batch item inv/0/items "edge of death"

The editor will try to place as many copies of the item into the ā€œinventory 0ā€ as possible.

1 Like