[Tool] GDAutocaster - play šŸŽ¹ builds with ease, autocasting of skills, combos, faster / automatic camera, autohiding of items, centered Inquisitor Seal and more for all games!

Stacking seals doesnā€™t change their dps, which suggests that rebuke isnā€™t hitting the enemies any more often with stacked seals which also suggests that it wonā€™t proc devotions more frequently. Itā€™s hard to tell for sure with the procs without spending a lot of time on this since probability is involved, but I donā€™t think that they are going off more frequently due to stacking.

What I can say from my observations on one vs. multiple dummies is that repeating AoE abilities like Seal with low percentage procs arenā€™t very likely to go off with a single target, but multiple targets improves the chances a lot.

Hereā€™s a video proof multiple (5) seals give more proc chances

You can see 8 bat procs in a row with multiple seals.
I donā€™t have to tell you how improbable it is for a single seal.

5 seals should proc about 3 more times for 20% and it may be the case here.

hey can you cast multiple DAR simultaneously and stack all the damage mods from them? cuz that would be wack lol.

Yes but there are many ways to do it so best to work on concrete example and what precisely would you like to achieve if youā€™d like something like that (i.e. one of them all the time interrupted by the second one, ,or completely different attack interrupted by 2 DARs etc). I can cook something up if you have a concrete scenario in mind. I donā€™t think it would be OP anyway. And also there could be a problem of maintaining buffs between enemies. It would work best on bosses I think.

Hello, Iā€™m playing with a controller. Kind of Xbox controller. I just want to autocast a spell which assign to button number 2 every 15s.
Can you show me the script?
And can we use both controller and keyboard in a script? Example I want to bind some button with one keyboard key, and it will auto cast after few seconds?
Thanks.

Is your Grim Dawn on Steam? Best to you Big Picture Autocasting

You could set a toggle for automatic casting of a spell every 1s, for example Blood of Dreeg, this way it would be keep up permanently.

No, I played with GOG version.

I donā€™t have sending controller button presses figured out and I donā€™t think itā€™s an easy thing.
We could autocast keyboard buttons, the problem is every time you do it in Grim Dawn it switches to Mouse and Keyboard mode and then you have to move Analog stick to switch back to Gamepad mode, it just doesnā€™t work well.

Your options are

• buy Grim Dawn on Steam, autocasting works great with it

• help me figure out how to send controller button presses in AutoHotkey
    for example maybe find something that works, then maybe I can use that

I did find this:
https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=48933#p48933

Perhaps of use?

1 Like

That is very strange. The oddest thing is that when I was testing 1 vs. multiple (3) seals, I did seem to observe this sort of behavior, but not after many tries, so I figured that was just randomness or an aberration.

Either we are looking at confirmation bias (from both of us) or there is something very odd in how they have Seal coded up. I donā€™t think we are going to know for sure unless we do a serious test that would have a large enough sample size to be convincing. Just showing one example where lots of hits happened with multiple seals isnā€™t such a case. Youā€™d have to try 1 seal and multiple seals many many times to know it isnā€™t some aberration caused by something like an uninitialized variable in their code.

Iā€™m particularly thinking it is an aberration because when I first tried out multiple seals I got a result like you did and then when I kept trying it stopped happening and seemed to be about the same as one seal.

This was 2nd time I tested it. I think you donā€™t use Pet Attack properly / donā€™t pay attention. I donā€™t need more proofs :slight_smile: I tested it many times 1 seals vs multiple and the latter always proc more, itā€™s clearly visible.

You know what is the probability of 8 consecutive procs on a single seal?
0.00000256 = 0.000256%

I checked it and it seems to be Shareware. I doubt anyone would

• download such program
  • also use my program
  • and also be not using Steam just GoG version

But thanks anyway.

1 Like

If youā€™ve seen this behavior after youā€™ve been at it for a while, that isnā€™t the case I was talking about and it does appear it works as you suspected. Odd, but there are many surprises to be found in GD.

1 Like

Yea I looked closer at the vJoy GitHub. Not sure what that all is about exactly - something with purchasing a license to ā€œsign driversā€. Plus it all seems a bit complicated.

You would think there would be a better way but I dunno.

1 Like

Hello, thank you for this tool.
I know nothing about programing, so i donā€™t know how to run ur tool. So please help me figure it out:

• Where configs.ini file, or we must creat new one and put code in this with GDAutocaster.exe ?
    Do we have ā€œhow to use guideā€ or smt like that, I canā€™t find it anywhere :frowning:

Not sure, better Iā€™ll write you here.

• create a config file called
    whatever_name.ini

Important thing is that you need to have your Windows showing file extensions (so that song.mp4 is displayed not just song)
because otherwise if you change some text file name to config.ini it can be config.ini.txt in reality
(because then .txt is hidden and you cannnot change it)

After that you just need to double click GDAutocaster.exe and select the config.
(GDAutocaster starts working about 3-4 seconds after Grim Dawn window is active)

Also important QoL information - the config is reloaded automatically every time you ALT + TAB, change it and go back to Grim Dawn. No need to reload it manually. Just make changes to the config and back to the game. You donā€™t need to touch GDAutocaster while experimenting with config.

You donā€™t need to launch Grim Dawn beforehand - GDAutocaster detects it automatically.

If you describe me your build I can write you some sample config.

1 Like

Iā€™ve also made a test with 9 Seals :slight_smile:

13 procs in a row it seems

1 Like

Thank you very much!
Just want to use combo funtion and i got this.

1 Like

Just FYI you can also consider configuring it to work only at the edges of the screen for a comfy no-button press needed rotation.

How did you manage to get down 9 seals? :smiley:

My only concern is if this is consistent over time. When I tried (only 3 seals), I noticed lots of procs when I started testing, but after doing it for a while it stopped and then I was no longer observing multiple seals creating more procs. Thatā€™s what made me think there might be something odd in the code causing it to work one way at the start and changing later. Again, since my testing was not very extensive, it could have just been chance or since I wasnā€™t testing very rigorously, observation bias.

Thatā€™s an interesting idea. I may mess around with that.

Have you (or anyone else) tried the auto-camera along with GrimCam to make a camera that give you an over the shoulder (MMORPG like) view that follows your character? Iā€™m curious about if it can be done, but no sure I want to be the pioneer. :stuck_out_tongue: