[Tool] Grim Internals (v1.1.9.8 only)

Get well … Glocky :wink:

Aww, hope you feel better soon!

We can always revert back to 1.1.2.3, tho steam doesn’t make it a smooth process :smiley:

Concentrate on getting better Glocky and ignore these wimps who claim they can’t play the game without GI. A little hard work won’t kill them and they’ll appreciate your efforts even more once you’ve done the update. :wink:

I feel your pain! I’ve been dealing with a cold/upper respiratory infection since Friday. Get some rest and hope you feel better! I touched it out until Tuesday before going to the doctor for meds and I’m starting to feel better. This weather doesn’t help!

Can you just remove the filesize check so it doesn’t break on every hotfix? I’m pretty sure they aren’t going to change anything to break your mod at this point

Nothing will happen to the mod, but I think that then all the cheaters and all the other scammers have all doors open and can use the tool as well.

And that is exactly what should be prevented. By all means. Even if we have to wait for some time after an update of the game. That’s worth it.

sorry to hear that get well soon and thank you for all your work :slight_smile:

I was using Grim Internals perfectly until I upgraded from Ashes to FG yesterday. Now I get a ver. mismatch error??

I tried a clean install of GInternals, but that resulted in the same error msg.

Any ideas appreciated.

TIA

Booooo! I want the mod that is mine by right!

Just kidding :slight_smile: hope you feel better soon and thank you for the quality you give away for free! I literally pause my GD-progress while your mod is down because it’s so much better with it!

Any plans to start a Patreon or similar? I can’t use PayPal where I am :frowning:

Read the previous page.

What cheaters and scammers?

Pirated copies

Grim Internals reads runtime in-game memory. The filesize check (which we can hope is also a CRC check) is by all intents and purposes a security measure, that can help avoid, among other nastier things, your computer turning into Skynet.

Autopick and disabled day/night cycle. These are the two only reasons why I use GI. I disable everything else. But I can’t live without those two features.

In fact, given my poor eyesight, I struggle to play in certains parts of the game (the whole of Act 5 is an absolut pain at night) and just put it aside.

hi, report this error:
"Grim Dawn.exe has wrong filesize!
Thx guys.

omg, is it so hard to read some posts before…

and if you read the startpost you will find this here:

for the 1.000.000 First post Poster:

Q: The tool gives me an error while I’m trying to run it such as Grimdawn.exe has wrong filesize! What is going on?
A: It means that the game client got an update while your GI is an older version. The author is kind enough to keep us pleased by updating for both Steam/GoG versions in a maximum of few hours after the update comes up to his perception. Well she has a real life too right? Be patient.

Sure but they could just disable this. There’s a 1% chance that any patch that isn’t a major expansion is going to affect the code of the mod at all.

Maybe I’m wrong, but doesn’t this mod read memory addresses from the .exe? If so, a recompiled executable is definitely going to cause issues until the tool has been updated.

thx very much

As far as i recall it injects the .dll file into the GD memory