[Tool] Grim Internals (v1.1.9.8 only)

heya everyone.

i just realized that running this tool, while its super convinient and improves the experience by a lot, it causes stuttering.
be it when entering a new zone, in combat or running around turning the camera. mostly due to combat or when enemies are nearby tho.

i tested 3 different zones with and w/o GI. all of them had several situations of minor/major stutters while there were no at all without the tool.

i did have dps, buffs deactivated - so only healthbars, debuffs shown.
both executables running in 64bit, both with /d3d9 /nocommit .

any ideas?

have you enabled DPS meter etc? they drain lots of resources
Try using the CPU affinity tho from here https://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36036

About the matter of Pirating etc actually i had many times downloaded Pirated version of games but soon after playing i found myself buying them if i liked them

thanks for your response, but i found the issue now. in the GD.exe i already did the “no fullscreen optimizations” trick which i did not for the GI.exe.
that actually was the difference.

so for anybody having issues with stutters, try it out. it was not listed in the many existing posts about fixing perfomance issues here.

cheers

btw: careful guys, GD just got an 23mb update

Son of a…

Looking forward to the usual prompt update :cool:

If you’re using Steam and want to keep using GI, I recommend changing its update priority from “Always keep this game up to date” to “Only update this game when I launch it.”
Steam library -> right click Grim Dawn -> Properties -> Updates tab

That way you can keep playing with GI if you don’t launch the official .exe since you’re not launching the actual game.

Thank you sir. Good to know in the future!

Seems the patch hasn’t had any effect on GI, can still use it as usual.

Yepp, just tested it and like the person above me, this works with the current patch.

Also tested, works!!! :slight_smile:

same here. works for me too.

Was just about to post about that, so yeah works perfectly fine for me to. :slight_smile:

It was actually some new textures for the zombies only so :wink:

I have tried starting GI with admin rights many - gives me the same error. I’ve uninstalled, re-installed etc. My Norton Security has never stopped GI from running before, but I have made exceptions for it anyway. No changes, sadly.

Can you disable AV completely and retry with admin rights?

Tried everything you can do with my AV and admin rights, nothing changes.

I’ve done some searching on what “OpenProcess() failed” even means and why it is giving me this message, but still cannot find any information as to why this is affecting GI. If anyone has any more ideas, let me know. I do appreciate the help.

I can’t play Grim Dawn, unfortunately, because the game is not enjoyable without this mod. So sad…

Can you post a picture?
tell me a bit more of your setup i need a better direction to search for this too

Have you tried add GI into DEP list?

• Press WinKey + PauseBreak (PB on some keyboards) > Advanced System Settings > Settings button under Performance > Data Execution Protection tab > Select “Activate DEP to all softwares and services, except the follow:” > Click Add > Browse where GrimInternals64.exe is and click OK.

You need to restart once to take effect.

i installed grim dawn and put grim internals files to the game folder but when i start grim internals and press CTRL-F5 it doesnt open anything did i do something wrong

did it actually run GI? on the game level version right next to it there anything else saying anything about GI?

CTRL+F5 works only in-game, not in the main menu.