[Tool] Grim Internals (v1.1.9.8 only)

put this tool on root of game, run this tool of exe directly.

Hi, I created an account just so I could get some help with getting this amazing mod to run! My friends use it, and say its essential.

I get the following error message while trying to open the game with the internals icon in my game directory.

ā€œthe procedure entry point K32GetModuleInformation could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dllā€

Please advise! I am still running vista, if that matters. The game will boot, but the mod does not work, and I cannot adjust any of my video settings such as gama.

Thanks for this amazing mod!

Hey, really nice tool, thank you very much.

I especially like, how one can configure it to ones liking, most of the stuff I donĀ“t need for now, but the buff timers and auto pickup alone are awesome.

(For I am lazy.)

can you add display the Potions of cooldown timer in somewhere?

I also suggested it very long ago and he explained that it cant happened due to limitations.
The only solution is to put it in the bar if you have space:/

okay , thank for reply.:smiley:

codin: I suggest you to upgrade Windows because Vista is unsuppoted by MS from 4/2017 and there are no new GPU drivers, etc.

This isnā€™t a huge deal, but there is an issue with the HUD elements this tool adds if player is using controller/gamepad.

If you have a controller connected, anytime you travel through a rift, all the HUD elements disappear. In order to get them back, you have to move your mouse.

Just a bit of an inconvenience for players like me trying to play from a distance on the couch. I have an app on my smartphone that lets me move the mouse on my PC, so itā€™s not the end of the world. But if it could be fixed, that would be appreciated.

Copied the exe and dll to ā€“ steam>steamapps>common>Grim Dawn.

When I run GrimInternals.exe I get an error message saying ā€œCanā€™t Find Grim Dawnā€ and then Grim Dawn starts.

Is this intended, or?

GrimInternals.exe is literally directly underneath GrimDawn.exe in the folder

Is ā€œSteamā€ started? If not, start ā€œSteamā€ and log in.

ā€œSteamā€ has to run for GDI to work.

Take a look at the first page of this thread:

Requirements:

Installation:
Simply copy the content (2 files) of the zip file to your game installation directory and
run the GrimInternals.exe.
If you have the Steam-Version, then you must first startup Steam and then run my tool.

Yes, and thank you for responding so quickly. Steam is almost always running on my machine.

When I run the GI.exe it brings up the UAC screen for steam. I approve, then it says it canā€™t find Grim Dawn.

Had the idea to run the GI exe as administrator and it launched GD without an error message. Is this the intended result? Is it installed now and I can run through steam as normal or do I launch with the GI exe?

Looks like this also happens every time you exit a dialogue with an NPC, including the stash/blacksmith/spirit guide, etc. So itā€™s actually turning out to be more of an inconvenience than I had originally noted.

Is it possible to add a setting to always display hero grade mobā€™s name? I know thereā€™s already one for bosses (AlwaysShowBossName). Itā€™d help me a lot with my config, because Iā€™m displaying health bars for all mobs, but I only want names on hero+ mobs.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Edit: seems to be working on a different computer, with the same fresh install of everything. Will try to remember to update if I figure out what is causing main computer issues.

Hi,
This looks like a great tool, and just coming to back to Grim Dawn I was hoping to use it. But I think something is wrong with the latest version?

I have C++ and .net appropriate installs. Steam is running. Legit copy of the game and DLC.

The .dll is modified date on your last update, and in the zip is named griminternalsDLL.dll

With this default name dll in the root folder, along with the griminternals.exe, attempting to start griminternals launches some version of grimdawn.exe in process manager but nothing ever happens, just the processes are both running (griminternals.exe and grimdawn.exe, under background processes). I have to end process.

Renaming the .dll to griminternals.dll and launching exe, it says it canā€™t find grim dawn, and then grim dawn launches. Running as administrator with right click, no errors are shown, grim dawn launches, but tool is not active in game.

Am I doing something wrong? (maybe I am missing seeing it as active when it successfully launches with the renamed .dll run as administrator? I see nothing on the screen and ctrl-f5 does nothing)

Is it possible that existing users have an older version of the .dll, originally named griminternals.dll, which didnā€™t get overwritten with the latest tool version having a renamed .dll, that is needed for this tool to function currently? Can anyone upload a .dll version modified prior to 6/3/2018?

Thanks!

This is an excellent tool! My respect.
I mainly use it for auto-pickup.

Great mod, I find it very useful. If you are taking feature requests, I would like it if there were an option to display potion cooldown timers, both health and energy. There are all ready dedicated keybinds in the options menu for the potions, but if you remove the potions from the skill bar you cannot see if they are on cooldown. If you added this option it would allow people to free up 2 skill slots and be better able to judge survivability in a fight. There are some builds where I could actually use the extra 2 skill slots.

I know i feel you. I had suggested this long time ago and Glock said that its possible but needs lot of resources to do it. As of now he is not very active but near expansion date he will come back i suppose

Hello, I made a small update to show you that Iā€™m still alive ā€¦ :wink:
Please test it!
And yes, Iā€™m taking a break from coding until ā€œForgotten Godsā€ comes out.

Update v1.55

• configurator: added checkbox to show/hide health- and energy potion cooldown timer
  • added: colorCode for potion cooldown timer
    [Settings]
    HealthPotionCDColorCode="{^o}"
    EnergyPotionCDColorCode="{^o}"

Thanks / Danke! :slight_smile:

Btw can we have it in seconds the cd timers? i dont understand the way it is :s
also check on the pic the green arrows pointing on the lines from the window?
maybe remove them on your next update or merge them?

CU around dudio