[Tool] Grim Internals (v1.1.9.8 only)

Just recently bought Grim Dawn and shortly after buying the game from Steam I found this tool, and it’s great!

Today, I go to start Grim Internals like normal (start steam then launch GrimInternals.exe) and I got the “Grimdawn.exe wrong filesize!” error. I hadn’t changed anything in the last 24 hours to make this occur.

I have up to date Visual C++, Microsoft.NET, as well as the game itself (1.0.7.0). I first removed GrimInternals then reinstalled it as per the Steam instructions. I then removed GrimInternals again, ran the Grim Dawn repair tool, then reinstalled GrimInternals. When that didn’t work I deleted Grim Dawn all together and completed a fresh install, verified base game worked, then followed the instructions for Steam installation again. Same error.

I don’t know what changed over the last 24 hours, but it was working perfect then with no changes on my end it began giving me the error. Looking up this error I can’t find a solution, because it seems everyone else that has this issue either is using a pirated version, or didn’t follow the steps correctly. I fit into neither category.

You’re the best GlockenGerda :slight_smile:

If you see “Grimdawn.exe wrong filesize” that means that you’re using an outdated version of Grim Internals!

Download the latest Grim Internals v1.69 and all should be good!

Perhaps I should replace the error message with a better one…

O wow, definitely am using V1.68, didn’t see there was an update.

Well I’m glad it was just me being dumb then, because I really enjoy the healthbars and was sad I had to play without them. Thanks for your hard work GlockenGerda!

Hi, I actually made this account just to post here! I just started playing GD again and someone recc’ed this tool for me and I fell in love with it ever since!

Just wanted to report something; didn’t get this for v.1.68 but with this one, Avast flagged it for IDP.ALEXA.51. It’s a false positive but it wouldn’t let me boot without attempting to stash it in the virus chest more than once :confused:

Not sure if you can fix this (this is something that looks like it has been plagued Avast for over a year now) but it’s just a PSA to let other users know that this is a thing.

I can understand that some virus protection programs report my tool as suspicious.
My tool injects a library (.dll) into the Grim Dawn Process to extend some functions.
For example, I change the function “GAME :: Player :: UpdateSelf ()” to do the component autoloot!
Or I change “GAME :: Engine :: GetSurvivalMapName ()” to change the Crucible map.

This behavior is suspicious for anti-virus programs.
But I can assure you that I do not intend to contaminate your computer with viruses / trojans, I love Grim Dawn too much!

I recommend adding Grim Internals to the exceptions in the AntiVirus program. * Cough * :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t know nothing about “IDP.ALEXA.51” and so I can’t give you a hint how to prevent this from the anti-virus-tool; sorry!

I’m also using Avast (only File and Behavior Shields running) but it didn’t give me any problems with 1.69 or the two previous versions of Grim Internals (the only versions I’ve used).

The GrimInternals.exe file I have has a SHA-256 hash of:

fb744e60e3213841ec343adfcc9e2a41dcd1e37a36748b6d415a5f1c7ca57fa1

ngelicdark, see if your file has the same hash. If you upload the file to VirusTotal.com it will tell you the hash of your file.

Edit: Avast on VirusTotal also lists it as being clean, which is why I’m curious as to whether you have exactly the same file.

Thank you Glocky for the support love you bruh <3

haha ja ist wirklich wieder alles gut;)

its just reading first helps alot, and stating that i had no update while there was a patch is just, well its retarded :wink:

Hallo, GlockenGerda,

du hast auf der Startseite 2 Datumsfehler heute eingebaut (hier im Forum), ich denke mal unabsichtlich :wink:

1. Neue Version v1.69 hochgeladen (14.12.2014)

2. Lokalisierungsdatei aktualisiert 14.12.2014

also ich bin bald bei 2019, oder hab ich was verpasst :wink: ich weiß, nicht ernst nehmen, stressige Zeiten so kurz vor Weihnachten … :wink:

Bro the energy and health potions text has bigger font and the opacity is darker than the other whole text
look at pic

-Also can we get an option to have separate the ItemSkills/DevotionSkills to be shown?
Lets say i want only the Devotion skills cd to be shown or vice versa, unless this is on your to do list later on after recreating the code for cds
-Can we have a different option for customizable healthbar for champions+ I case i want to distinct the hero monsters than common ones

hi guys i have install the latest version from the tool but i cant open the configurator with STRL+F5…2 days ago it was working with tha latest version but now its starts the game but not the internals tool and config whats wrong?

Hi Glock,

Just a small request for a feature I would really like:

Can you add a purple beam for legendary drop, and we can modify the SFX for legendary drop as well.

I want to have the feel of legendary drop in Diablo 3.

Im glocky’s herald of apocalypse and i bring you thee request

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showpost.php?p=683138&postcount=844

How to use your own legendary item dropsound:
You can use any wav file, but it must have the name “LegendaryDrop.wav” and you must copy it
to [Grim Dawn Installation Dir]/Settings/sound/LegendaryDrop.wav

Do the same for the Nemesis-Alert sound (if you want):
Create a wav file, rename it to “NemesisAlert.wav” and copy it
to [Grim Dawn Installation Dir]/Settings/sound/NemesisAlert.wav

And don’t forget to copy the folder _GrimInternalsData (included in the v1.68 update) to your [Grim Dawn Installation Dir]!

I’ve noticed that in multiplayer games the health bars of other players don’t appear to be updating correctly - players run around with low health for far longer than it takes to for them to regen out of combat and the bar doesn’t always refill (some people appear to have zero health when they definitely aren’t dead). I checked with another player in my game and they reported seeing the same thing.

Is there a way to get this to autoloot blue, purple, and blueprint items?

Appreciate the continued work on the mod!

Hello. Can not download from drive.google.com, please give a direct link to the archive. Invalid redirection per page.

No not currently, i asked for the same thing myself :slight_smile:

https://mega.nz/#!QaI1nQ7C!9j5p-aBuwtc9XphVQR8nVr73YyHZbj4Pno5X_SkDLVg

Try this.

Thank you very much.

It looks very good. First, please tell me how to install it? Second Please add it to the GrimInternals.