[Tool] Grim Internals (v1.1.9.8 only)

First time trying to use GI, getting a bit frustrated.
I can see the new stat block on the left, and CTRL+F1 clears the UI, but I can’t open the configurator with CTRL+F5

Steps taken trying to resolve the issue:

• GI is being ran as administrator
  • GD is v1.1.1.2 x86 and GI is v1.754 (shown in the menu lower right)
  • Visual C++ 2015 redistributable x86 is installed from the provided link (visual C++ 2017 had to be uninstalled)
  • .NET framework 4.5.2 is installed from the provided link (4.7.2 had to be uninstalled)
  • I’m running GrimInternals.exe in the steam install folder (it’s not the drive steam is installed on but a steam library on an SSD if that matters)
  • I’ve ran windows update to make sure I have any fixes for visual C++ or .NET and restarted.
  • it’s a fresh character (if that matters)
  • I’ve verified that my F5 key does indeed function normally outside of this command
  • I’ve attempted to open the configurator in fullscreen, windowed borderless, and windowed
  • I am not receiving an antivirus warning about Grim Internals nor is Kaspersky attempting to quarantine or otherwise disable the file. Moreover, I actively scanned the file to confirm that Kaspersky does not return a false positive
  • I have not edited the .ini file in any way

The mod is clearly working, but I can’t access the configurator as described.
Is there anyway to rebind the command?

This is my first time modding this game, so if I overlooked something basic, go easy on me. I’ve reread the OP and FAQ several times and not seen an explicit answer to my issue.

Are you sure you are not running the x64 version of the tool?

If you want the configurator, switch to the 32bit version, as its been stated numerous times, there is no config screen for the 64bit version yet, but that will change soon.

Hey, I really appreciate the work put into this mod.
Does anyone know, if it’s possible to save the statistics from character to character, even if I exit the game?
That’d be awesome. Thanks a lot.

Really brother. Nobody reads the damn headline.Most likely they are trolling…

What statistics you mean? When you change the option in the configurator or the ini its the same for all the characters

Are you sure you are not running the x64 version of the tool?

If you want the configurator, switch to the 32bit version, as its been stated numerous times, there is no config screen for the 64bit version yet, but that will change soon.

As I detailed clearly in my post, I’m using the 32 bit version, x86
As the original post says, 1.754 is indeed x86, correct? And when you run it in the default install directory, it points at the 32 bit launcher, correct?

Really brother. Nobody reads the damn headline.Most likely they are trolling…

If you read my post, you will see that I am not “trolling” and that I have extensively detailed my problem and attempts to fix it so far.

very odd, not sure what could be up there.

Sorry about earlier, didn’t see you already mentioned you were running the 32bit version

are you trying to load the config window in the main menu? or in the game, (after the char is loaded) as the config windo will only appear once the char is loaded, and you are in the game.

if you are doing that, and still have issues, then not sure what else to sugges,t you will have to wait for for farther help.

No problem, sorry if I seemed curt, just frustrated by this.

are you trying to load the config window in the main menu? or in the game, (after the char is loaded) as the config windo will only appear once the char is loaded, and you are in the game.

if you are doing that, and still have issues, then not sure what else to sugges,t you will have to wait for for farther help.

I am trying it in game with the character loaded, yeah. I make sure I’m in game, and some of the CTRL commands are working, like CTRL+F1 toggles the UI and I can see overlay info the mod provides, I just can’t load the configurator.

Bro you have no idea how much trolling was in the thread about the configurator window

I was wondering. WHat does it do when you do a ctrl+F5? how it responds?

Nothing happens. CTRL+F1 does toggle UI and I do have the new overlay materials available. My original assumption was that it’s a .NET problem, but I made sure I have the specific versions of .NET and Visual C++ linked to in the OP

Try to reinstall the latest Microsoft .NET Framework
for your Windows version (both x86 and x64 version).
I hope this helps.

could it be that grim dawn stays the top program and GI is just behind it . doesnt it show up when u alt tab. just my 2 cents of what could be wrong

You can set the “LifeMaxBar.A=0.500” entry in the .ini file to value 0.0
(this modifies the alpha channel and the black bar will be invisible.)

Good point!
@intervolver Did you see a read text on the screen “* Please close the Configurator! *” when you press CTRL+F5?

Thanks, I’ve tried that twice now, tried with both the latest version and the minimum required by the mod.

Tried this just now. I don’t see it in the background, and I don’t get that message.

I’m going to completely uninstall Grim Dawn and reinstall with the mod as my next step.

It didn’t work ><

Not even sure how this mod hasnt been bought by the company to become baseline settings cause it really elevates the game by 2000%, at least the names/dps features, the “semi-hack” stuff can be left out.

On that note, GoG just patched to Hotfix 3, when can we see an update, i dont think i can even bother playing GD without this running anymore.

Anyone has any idea why latest GI both 32 and 64 bit say Grim Dawn.exe has the wrong filesize? I am on GOG, and they updated to 1.1.1.2 (Hotfix 3) today.

I tried both versions, but not working :frowning:

Because those are for steam only as the op says. Internals hasn’t been updated for GOG as the patch released just an hour ago

Ah, gotcha. I was under the impression that only the game version matters. Thank you.