[Tool] Grim Internals

Did you remove the autopickuponly option in one of the versions? I manually entered it into the configuration file and launched, and I found next to no items dropped.

You have to update the colorized fonts text most likely
Are you using rainbow font etc? make sure you update it

this is the tag it is missing : tagHUDHealth_Head=({%t0}/{%t1})

Those peeps that have issues with using the latest version of GI and GD and still get the problem of mismatch the give us a picture of the installation folder
Keep in mind and dont let me repeat myselfā€¦PIRATED versions are not working

UPDATE:

I was able to fix the issues in the regular game options. I had to uncheck both player/pet and monster health values (under the ā€œInterfaceā€ tab).

still tho, those were not GI errors but due to the non updated rainbow font mod

1 Like

^^^^^^
Hereā€™s Rainbow Filter updated for 1.1.5.1 (I compiled it myself using Warebareā€™s tool since he hasnā€™t released a version since 1.1.5.0 -

1 Like

So I got a new video card recently and noticed a black screen on character select and in-game. Could still see weird outlines of monsters and stuff. I realized I was launching GI with the /d3d9 option because it ran better with my older video card. Of course removing it fixed the issue, I just wanted to post this in case anyone else runs into this issue and comes here to look for a fix.

2 Likes

Hello, Iā€™m from China. Our user is a fan of griminternals. If you can, I hope we can edit the text so that he can support Chinese! It helps us a lot! Hope to get your support!

Localization file is at the bottom of the first post aboveā€¦

Hi Glock,
Iā€™ve installed GrimInternals properly into my folder (I use steam) and run with the griminternals64.exe and my game boots up, but Iā€™m not seeing any of the UI even when I try the hot keys etc. Itā€™s booting GD, but Grim Internals doesnā€™t appear to actually be running. Am I missing something? No errors or anything thoughā€¦

No, no, no, I mean the part of the UI called by Ctrl + F5.

Is there a way to change the Configurator Hotkey from Ctrl+F5? I would like to change it to just a single key press.

No, I havenā€™t removed it; it should work!
Did you accidentally press the ā€œToggle Hide All Itemsā€ button?

Can you see ā€œv1.1.5.1 (x64) (GI v1.89)ā€ at the right bottom on the main menu (Character Selection Screen)?
If not, then GI is not running!

The Configurator is available only in English!
Itā€™s on my ToDO-List to make it available for other languages too,
but I have to rewrite the whole UI-Stuff (Sometime in 2020 I would say)

Just a single key press for opening the Configurator isnā€™t intended; you can only change the ā€œF5ā€ key code in the .ini file.

Nope, the only thing iā€™m seeing is ā€œv1.1.5.1 (x64)ā€ in the bottom corner. I must be doing something incorrectly. I havenā€™t modded or added any addons to anything in years, so iā€™m sure I must be doing it wrong :sweat_smile:

EDIT: Ok, after playing around with it for a third time and a re-downloading and extracting, Iā€™ve gotten it to work. Thanks for the quick reply, itā€™s much appreciated.

1 Like

Hey man, great tool. Really loving it and really helps out a lot, but iā€™ve got some problems recently with crashes. Iā€™ve tried re-installing it, but my game still keeps crashing when iā€™m trying to boot it up. I can hear one little sound of the Grim Dawn music, see the logo of the game and then it crashes me to the desktop. No idea what to do at this point and i donā€™t want to miss this lovely tool as it is so handy.

Edit: I should note that i can start up Grim Dawn without Grim Internals just fine. So it must be some sort of issue with Grim Internals. Atleast for me :smiley:

-Make sure you have 64BIt os
-Repair the game
-Run the internals executable as Admin(only the tool executable)
-Make sure you have steam opened before running it
-Add it in your AVā€™s exceptions
-For the love of godā€¦tell me you havenā€™t pirated the game

If you did all these and still have issues report them her with more specs of your pc and if possible paste your crash report too

Done all of that, still crashing.

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, 6 Core, 3600 Mhz
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 2060
Mainboard: Asus ROG StrixX470-F Gaming
RAM: 16 GB

The crash file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

-<crashreport version="0.95">

<guid>83c583ad-1eb4-403e-9f47-93526d73b7f0</guid>

<name>Grim Dawn</name>

<version>v1.1.5.1 (x64)</version>

<thread>6024</thread>

<pointers>642900684280u</pointers>

-<content>

<file description="Crash Description" name="crash.xml"/>

<file description="Crash Dump" name="minidump.dmp"/>

<file description="Included File" name="log.html"/>

</content>

-<properties>

<property name="os_name" value="windows"/>

<property name="os_platformid" value="2"/>

<property name="os_version" value="10.0"/>

<property name="os_producttype" value="1"/>

<property name="os_servicepack" value="0.0"/>

<property name="os_bits" value="32"/>

<property name="distribution" value="steam"/>

<property name="userid" value="A08AC690B7B4094ED72ED03856E68727"/>

<property name="mem_load" value="42"/>

<property name="mem_totalphys" value="17108815872"/>

<property name="mem_availablephys" value="9777938432"/>

<property name="mem_totalpagefile" value="25698750464"/>

<property name="mem_availablepagefile" value="13241516032"/>

<property name="mem_totalvirtual" value="140737488224256"/>

<property name="mem_availablevirtual" value="140697854083072"/>

</properties>

</crashreport>

It seems like you suffer the same issues I had some weeks prior. For some reason it detects your OS as 32-Bit, which is wrong.

Try to start GrimDawn64-Bit and close it again in the main menue. Afterwards try to launch GrimInternals to see if you can reach your characters. Should probably work now.

Alternatively just spam the GrimInternals boot up until it works (ā€¦ it will probably work after the 6th or 7th time :smiley: - thatā€™s not a joke)

1 Like

That worked perfectly, thanks man! <3

I have same problem 4k monitor changed ini. Tried 20 did not help then tried 24 did not help. Even tried 30 but same problem. No i have not a pirated version, steam version all expansions.

Anyone ran inte same problem with a 4k screen and know how to fix this?

I donā€™t own a 4k monitor, therefore I havenā€™t added font scaling support for the UI.
It could be that Iā€™ll add it someday, but surely not this year anymore.
I hope for understanding!