[Tool] Grim Internals

Yup. When you want to search a thread directly always tick that box for best effect.

I disabled Windows Defender entirely. Same issue. The error pops up instantly.

I tried launching the game, then launching GI from the main menu screen. Same issue.
I tried launching the game, and loading up one of my characters, and getting into a game. Same issue.

The error is popping up so fast its acting like it cant even find the GD exe, but when I tried putting GI somewhere else (like in the x64 folder), it tells me to put it in the Grim Dawn installation folder, so I am pretty sure I have it in the right spot.

I hadnt turned off cloud saves in-game (only in steam), so I did that too, same error.

I feel like it could stem from enabling/disabling DLCs somehow, since I have not seen that specific aspect mentioned any of the other posts about the same issue I am having.

I can try reinstalling and restarting my machine. The only thing I havenā€™t tried of the stuff in this thread is DEP stuff. Open to any other suggestions.

EDIT: Reinstalled GD and all DLCs, same issue. I have GI 1.97c, GD version 1.1.7.2 (x64)

Hey i try to use, ā€œGrim Internalsā€ just for pick-up stuff. Can someone help me remove Bosses names? its so annoying.
I try every single combination in settings and canā€™t remove those names at all.
First picture shows how it looks when i pause the game - ā€œI would like it to be like in this photo all the timeā€
and in the second photo you can see how it looks in the game.
on third photo my settings at this moment (but i tryed i think all combinations).

And if you can not turn it off, maybe someone will explain to me how to set the life bars of monsters in red as in the game and that they would be red all the time, not green-> yellow-> red. on the video below the guy has what I would like but he does not say how to do it ā€¦

that clip -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUsF8kRCCEM

settings -

first photo
second photo

Sorry for my poor English but I donā€™t use it very often, thank you very much for all your help.:blush:

Hello, so this Mod is the full mod for Grim Internals?

When I applied it, things LOOK offā€¦ it stated things where missingā€¦ could not see
my charsā€¦ I reverted backā€¦ I have never installed this mod beforeā€¦ and the ā€œnew versionā€
seem misleadingā€¦ as it appears to be just an update to the Original Grim Internals?

Please adviseā€¦

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Grim Internals is a tool, not a mod. And yes, this is the latest version of it. You should be using this if youā€™re running the latest version of the game which is 1.1.7.2.

Hi, look at the first post of this topic (POST 1 on TOP), there is a Q&A section, from Darkstalix created. There you find all settings, which are available in the Grim Internals ini file located at your game folder.

These are much more settings as available with the configurator.

What you need is to set the following in that ini file ā€œoffā€:

AlwaysShowBossName= Toggle on/off to always show or not the Bossā€™s names independently from the Monster Classification filter.

I mean it is set ā€œonā€ in your ini file. I got the same problem long time ago.

The first post on top explains the whole GI stuff ā€¦ read it all and you can setup everything ā€¦

1 Like

It works i turn them off nice thanks tean101 :slight_smile:

OK, so is this the full tool or just an update to it? Like must I install the original tool then
apply this to it?

Just trying to be clear hereā€¦

No, you just need this one.

To make Steam launch the GI.exe do you have to add it as a non-Steam game or is there a way to add a line in ā€œset launch optionsā€ for the normal exe instead?

Just add it as a non-steam game. I dont believe there is any way to launch it via launch options. Alternatively you could also just create a shortcut for it and put the shortcut on your desktop.

I have a problem with GI. When I doubleclik on GrimInternals, the game starts up. Everything works fine exept for the tool which doesnā€™t show up. I have pressed Ctrl/F5. Something is aparently missing?

Anyone else getting a ā€œyou arenā€™t using the latest version of GI or GDā€ message all of a sudden? Literally closed the game, attempted to re-open. Now getting that message. Not sure what happened?

Grim Dawn 1.1.8.0 is out now and the tool from GlockenGerda is not updated yet

Thank you!

GI patch will come probably tomorrow;
Iā€™ll wait 'til the GOG version of Grim Dawn v1.1.8.0 is out to check some things first.

14 Likes

No problem. Iā€™m just holding off updating the game on Steam. Gives me time to goof off and start yet another alt. :stuck_out_tongue:

Splendid. Take your time. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

How do you update to the newest patch when it is ready. I really need a recipie for that. Hope someone can help with this.

Its out now just auto patched me on gog is there a way to downgrade my version back so i can continue using grim internals?