[Tool] Grim Internals

Workaround to get GI to work with 1.1.9.8

Hi guys, can someone share the file ā€œGrim Dawn.exeā€ from version 1.1.9.7 to solve the incompatibility of Grim Internals with the new version 1.1.9.8?

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Donā€™t need a share, this is how you do it.

One question, if I apply this variant the only change that the game will have is that it will allow me to use the grim internals, will the updates that came with the new version 1.1.9.8 remain at 100%?

At least item/devotion/class changes should apply.
Some gameplay changes maybe not.
But no one reported things like that so far.

I think Grim Internals is the only way to use Grim Cam (fully adjustible camera) now which is another outdated mod. I know the game was not made with this in mind but I hope it will be considered as an option as it helped me make some amazing screenshots.

4 Likes

True. Optically, you miss out on a big part of GD without Grimcam. Those tiny ornaments alone, covering so many armor pieces - invisible in vanilla zoom. All that artwork would go to waste without Grimcam and it would be a shame.
Dear Crate, please implement Grimcam!

1 Like

Ah - has this been requested, yet?
Displaying downtimes of skills in the field of view would be great.
Permanently squinting to the corner of the display while trying to hit somethin in the middle just doesnā€™ do it for me.

Hey, I just recently reinstalled Grim Dawn and have been unable to install the mod, after reading a bit it seems there is a workaround with the steam version, but we are GOG folks out of luck or is there a way to access the beta from the GOG launcher?

gog lets you download older installers doesnā€™t it?

I use Grim Internals for the features that improve the readability/view-ability of the interface and screen, and if the devs wanted to add them to the main game, Iā€™d be really happy.

• I use GIā€™s life bars along with percentage display, as I can make the bars thicker and the colors more visible, compared to the dim color and thinness of the default life bars.
  • I use the cooldown countdown display, since the spindown on the icon that the default interface uses is imprecise; I like knowing exactly how many seconds are left in a cooldown.
  • I control the day/night cycle, since some areas can be hard to see at night.
  • I turn off the fog, since it isnā€™t necessary, and the game looks a lot better without it.

I wouldnā€™t say I have a significant vision impairment, but these features really help ease the strain on my eyes, and they allow me to find relevant information very quickly.

I could imagine that, for people with vision impairments, these features could actually serve as accessibility boosts for them, and if the devs were to prioritize making Grim Internals features into baseline features, Iā€™d hope they start here.

Did GlockenGerda retire? If so, is there any brave soul to take on the strings and keep GI up to date?

We donā€™t know and Glocken is the only one with the source code for GI.

Oh, sadge. I was under the impression that she wanted to retire a few years ago and I remember some talks about making the code public. I guess that did no happen. Hopefully she comes back.

1 Like

Glocken didnā€™t want the code made open source because that would allow people who pirate the game able to use GI.

I see. That make sense, but it feels like we`re punished ā€œjust in caseā€. Maybe make it open to some trusted member/s of the community?

Well, as no one seems to be able to contact her that might be a bit difficult.

True. Well, hoping for the best.

1 Like

Punished? No. She developed GI freely of her own time. Itā€™s completely her own decision to develop her work however she pleased. Everyone else is also welcome to do likewise and develop their own tools as well and implement it however they see fit regardless of what anyone else thinks.

I donā€™t buy into or believe in the whole ā€œpunishedā€ mentality Iā€™ve been seeing people spouting off about this past decade in relation to video games. And certainly not when it comes to freely made mods and tools.

If you donā€™t like the way someone made something then make it yourself. The entire internet exists and I promise you that you can learn to code entirely on your own.

2 Likes

Just wanted to chime in again. No word from GlockenGerda when i emailed her. Maybe she isnt even checking that email address anymore