[Tool] Grim Internals

Did you have Steam turned on? It needs to be already launched on before you launch Grim Internals because this message pops out. If not / you’re not sure, try again with these 2 dlls while having Steam turned on

Seems correct to me.

i have not the steam version…i have the gog version

2 Likes

According to my tests, 1.1.9.8 Steam version and GOG version use the same GrimInternal.

1 Like

Hello!
Is there a way to get GrimInternal to work in GD 1.2 PT?

he has GoG :slight_smile:

i have gog too and it works. so @carlo22 you are doing something wrong.
GrimInternalsDll64.zip (607.1 KB)
attached zip contains the .dll that runs with latest GoG version (offline v65199) and latest official GI 1197
then start GrimInternals64.exe directly or via shortcut

md5 hash: f09f71f397c2abbe4854aadc0ba9d916 *GrimInternalsDll64.dll

1 Like

always the same by me??
i load this version from top this site,…

Grim Internals

New version v1.107 (x64) for GD v1.1.9.7 (uploaded 21. Aug 2022)

and after change the dll file from you,…
I will install with exe griminternals,…and always write me cant not find Grim exe.
(i have extractet in my Grim folder correctly)
Thank for your help…works not by me, i have the gog version newest …65199)

I’m really going to miss the DPS damage breakdowns in Grim Internals, ie: the internals part. I can understand the reasoning behind not carrying that over to v1.2 because from the point of view of a normal, non-autistic healthy human being who enjoys sunshine, touchable grassy fields and romantic interlewds with actual real people in their lives, this is certainly overkill. But. Yes, here comes the butt, I mean but.

Let’s face it. Autism rules this genre and while having an accessible real time damage breakdown might be niche, that niche grows as you go up the game’s food chain. As in by the time you’re rolling hardcore characters, chances are that kind of detail is not all that niche any more.

As such I have no actual complaints because recent news from this team has been been stellar, and the genuinely important bit: the fog, has been addressed (love your work) but… you know, dear imaginary Crate dev I’m having a ghost conversation with, if you’re ever bored on holiday again or anything and feel the need to spend time doing something constructive besides building an empty Pina Colada glass collection, I don’t suppose a toggle-able “developer mode” that pops up a seperate settings page sounds like a great wast- uhh, grand and very rewarding way to spend time? A kind of optional thing seperate to the main game. Like later, some time down the track once other more important things are taken care of.

Ok, so that was a really long-winded way of saying I hope it isn’t set in stone and that DPS thing won’t be forever forgotten.

1 Like

you have the GrimInternals File in …/Grim Dawn folder like in he pic?

oh, and do you have installed the 64 bit version of GD? afaik it doesnt work with just the 32 bit install, since GI tailored for the 64bit version

means you need to have an x64 folder inside Grim Dawn - …\Grim Dawn\X64 must exists and needs to have a Grim Dawn.exe inside of it

1 Like

theres a (new) dps meter mod here →

it has some VT positives (though mostly from crap AV vendors)…guess its false alarm, - but use at own risk

2 Likes

@ ncience,

you have the GrimInternals File in …/Grim Dawn folder like in he pic?

I have extrract the files in Grim down root folder, …write me grim exe not found
when i extract in the x 64 folder i testet…write me files must in folder from grim exe?

In both folder is grim exe…

sounds like you extracted the entire folder and not the files+folder?

Very nice. Cheers, bro.

1 Like

I extractet zip file …GrimInternals (x64) v1.107 Beta
in the root folder from grim down. and replace the old dll ,and addet the new dll

1 Like

thats where the gi files have to be / how it should look like:

exe, dll and ini in the grim dawn (root) folder
the _GrimInternalsData folder with its own content

that sounds as it should be, no clue why its not working for you.
can you show a screenshot of the error msg?

you need to take the contents of the extracted folder, and place that content in the root folder, not the extracted folder
the extracted folder would be v1.107beta, it’s the contents of that folder you need to put inside
so you only take the data folder and the files
this is what needs to be placed in the root foolder

@ Gnomish_Inquisition

I have it exactly as shown…these files in the root, data, exe and dll
When I try to install it I get an error message…
X Can`t find Grim Dawn!

wdym by ‘install`’?
the only “install” process for GI is to extract it as you did. there is no install.

just run GrimInternals64.exe

edit: in X64 there needs to be a Grim Dawn.exe (its the 64 bit version)

…just run GrimInternals64.exe…

Sorry, that’s what I mean,I click the exe file,…and then this error message comes up

(run the exe file)

have you started GD without GI? does it run?

if so, does it show this exact version number on startscreen?