[Tool] Rainbow Filter (Item Highlighting)

Hello. First of all i wanna thank you for the great mod, such little things can make a big difference in your gameplay, really appreciate it.
I use it pretty much since i found out about it and last night i decided to change the colours a little to my preference. For instance, as most of us (i think) played diablo before coming to GD, having orange colour for legendary is something common. It worked! At least for most items.

https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/12550

Alladrah’s Spellblade refuses to change colour and remains purple no matter what :stuck_out_tongue:
Am i doing something terribly wrong or have people listed such issue before?

Looking forward for your reply. <3

strange it worked for most, but not all, so I figured I forgot to add it as an item, everything is fine though. I tried using different colors and it works every time, ended up taken the screeny with brown color.

besides restarting the tool and saving the filter again you could check if the file is there and has the correct color assigned:
go to “/Grim Dawn/settings/text_en/”
right click “tagsgdx2_items.txt” and click “edit” (or double click if no other programs are set as default for .txt) - it opens notepad
ctrl+f to open the find dialog and enter the name “Alladrah’s Spellblade”
clicking find should take you to the tag, if there is not {^O} infront of the name something went wrong

if the file isn’t there but other files are… something went wrong
if everything is right, the game has an issue with it. This could be fixed the same way Tyroki fixed it
in “Documents/My Games/Grim Dawn” basically where screenshots are saved. Copy the text_en over into the Settings folder of that Grim Dawn folder.
I’ll be adding an option to add additional paths for those special cases.

Ahhh now i see how this works, apologies but i no nothing when it comes to coding, i guess im the jon snow of coding. Thanks very much WareBare, i imagine forgetting some items isnt really that rare, theres a ton of them. It crossed my mind but i wanted to make sure in case it was just bugging.
Lots of love from Greece!!

Is there a Polish version of this mod available?

unless you are in luck and there is a version in the polish thread you gonna have to do this yourself.

The tool will make this easy enough though.
Downloads it from here: https://github.com/WareBare/WanezGD_Tools/releases

in Settings you set the path to your grim dawn directory, if the path is correct you should see Use Localization when you click that it’ll appear green and you can select the language from the select box next to it.
Once the language has been selected you just have to go to Library and click on Save Colors.
All that’s left is to select the new language in game (and restart the game if it was running before)

small update for the tool, when the program is started it checks for the new update, once it finished downloading a dialog pops up letting you know about it.

I’m not happy with this, but the old auto-updater stopped working and the new one doesn’t work in the process I need it to work in order to make it better, gonna have to figure out how to solve this thing, but a bad auto-update is still better then no auto-update at all :rolleyes:.

Have you tried the following? Not sure how it differs from the built in Electron app autoUpdate.

From the article >> If your Electron app is in a public GitHub repository and you’re using GitHub Releases to publish builds, you can use this service to deliver continuous app updates to your users.

https://electronjs.org/blog/autoupdating-electron-apps

thanks, but that’s basically what I’ve put together myself:

The module will check for updates at app startup, then every ten minutes. When an update is found it will download automically in the background, and a dialog will be displayed when the update is ready.
Only differences are I’m checking every hour and their dialog looks better :smiley: They are also using the main process, the old updater was using the renderer process.

I have to find a way to communicate between main and renderer process and I’ve found something “ipc”. I’ll dive into that. What I want is similar to how it used to be and how it is in discord, when an update is ready you get a button to click and when it starts downloading it shows it. I dislike not letting the user know a download is going on and then all the sudden the user gets a dialog thrown in the face, but a dialog is all I got since I cannot access the renderer’s DOM.

EDIT: it’s done, v0.1.2 will have the new auto-updater, you’ll have to update to it via the old one, but anything after that has the new updater.

^^ Thanks!

Fine update, but… do you still have a link to the file I created a long time ago? I think that my role has ended because you have returned.
Well, this time I could easily make it using your WanezTools. It’s really amazing.

Further:
Currently, there are several MIs written in unusual texts. They could be colored by adding them to the item text of each DLC.

1. tagsgdx1_storyelements.txt

[ul][li]Lokarr’s Set Item[/li]
[li]tagGDX1_NPC_S_H=(S) {^F}Lokarr’s Gaze[/li]
[li]tagGDX1_NPC_S_S=(S) {^F}Lokarr’s Mantle[/li]
[li]tagGDX1_NPC_S_T=(S) {^F}Lokarr’s Coat[/li]
[li]tagGDX1_NPC_S_F=(S) {^F}Lokarr’s Boots[/li]
[/ul]
2. tagsgdx2_endlessdungeon.txt

I have nothing from before I left, except for my old source on GitHub. I deleted everything GD with the believe of never coming back :smiley:

I think that my role has ended because you have returned.
Well, this time I could easily make it using your WanezTools. It’s really amazing.

Hehe, good to hear it’s working.
If RL is keeping me busy again…, I have a check for gdx3\resources\Text_EN.arc, so if we get another xpac the tool would get those new files, too.

Currently, there are several MIs written in unusual texts. They could be colored by adding them to the item text of each DLC.

I take it you changed them per hand?
I’m changing the defaults for “Manage Tags for Coloring” to show all parsed tags. “Only Item Tags” finds tags only inside the three *_items.txt unchecking this finds results in all tag files.

An additional way of adding new tags with the next update is by writing them into a text box or copy&paste them from here as csv, similar to how the import/export was for saved filters in the old tool.

tagGDX1_NPC_S_H,MI Item,Legendary,Set
tagGDX2EndlessDungeon_S202,Regular Item,Legendary

probably the easiest way to share that kind of data. Export will create the text of all “personal” tags and import will parse it and append them to one’s “personal” tags.

1. tagsgdx1_storyelements.txt
  • [li]Lokarr’s Set Item[/li]> [li]tagGDX1_NPC_S_H=(S) {^F}Lokarr’s Gaze[/li]> [li]tagGDX1_NPC_S_S=(S) {^F}Lokarr’s Mantle[/li]> [li]tagGDX1_NPC_S_T=(S) {^F}Lokarr’s Coat[/li]> [li]tagGDX1_NPC_S_F=(S) {^F}Lokarr’s Boots[/li]>
  1. tagsgdx2_endlessdungeon.txt

[ul]
[li]tagGDX2EndlessDungeon_S202={^L}Bonebleach Halberdrl[/li]> [li]tagGDX2ItemTest={^F}Miss Gazer Man (probably this is also MI)[/li]> [li]tagGDX2ItemTest2={^F}Mildly Amusing Box[/li]> [/ul]

Thanks, added those to the internal data.

I saw you updated the files, so if anyone wants to get it with those item changes or simply doesn’t want to use the tool:
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=718407#post718407

Loaded the newest update.

Have not tested Bonebasin items, yet, but:

Corrected the color of Chillheart to Legend.

Chillheart is still green. Or is it itentionally?

that’s on me…, fixed it, it was also saved as MI which it isn’t.

No problem there, I like the different colors of say Chillheart or Mad Queen´s Claw. :slight_smile:

v0.2.0 for the tool released.

The program will start downloading the update itself upon startup and show a dialog when it’s ready to install (this changes after v0.2.0).

Full Change Log can be viewed inside the tool, but here is a short summary:

• New Auto-Update
  • Missing Items added and wrong Items fixed.
  • New way to add Items.
  • Option to zip regular coloring files for easy sharing.
  • Various smaller changes.

complete change log and download can be found here:

THanks for this amazing item filter! you rock!
Grim dawn forever!!

Thanks for autoupdate.
The new text addition feature is very reasonable. :slight_smile:

Hey WareBare, awesome update man. Though I ran into something odd. After the update my elemental properties were messed up. Everything else is fine, I re did them from scratch but properties remain the same for some reason (acid set to green and vitality to red, yet item shows them as pink). I could use your help :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh and I found an item https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/13725 that was not in tagsgdx2_items, I tried to add it (looking at other similar items to figure out what’s going on), but failed miserably. :frowning:
It is, however, in tagsgdx2_endlessdungeon, but wouldn’t obey on the color coding.

So many thanks in advance brother!

Though I ran into something odd. After the update my elemental properties were messed up. Everything else is fine, I re did them from scratch but properties remain the same for some reason (acid set to green and vitality to red, yet item shows them as pink).

Groups is where it gets complicated and the bad places to look things up at the moment don’t make it any easier. Plans for v0.3.0 is to make all information accessible without doing some weird stuff.
Those groups that have “Direct Damage” or “Damage over Time” in it are a collection of damage types, made for basicHighlighting. They can be used if you want to only see acid/vitality and everything else a different color. In which case the collections go to the bottom of the group list and the specific ones for Acid/Vitality somewhere above it.

Acid/Poison is using the collection’s colors, Vitality is using collection color, but vitality decay is using a specific one.

prolly should have chosen different types and colors for this :rolleyes:

for some reason this whole moving groups up and down is buggy and doesn’t save between restarts, also the moving up/down should refresh the position, which it also doesn’t right now the best way to adjust order is to move the group out and back in, it’ll go to the bottom, but yeah, that’s the way to go until v0.2.1 I guess.
And the groups for properties:

If you don’t plan on doing some weird stuff with direct/dot like this, simply using fullRainbow as base and changing the colors is probably easier.

Oh and I found an item https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/13725 that was not in tagsgdx2_items, I tried to add it (looking at other similar items to figure out what’s going on), but failed miserably. :frowning:
It is, however, in tagsgdx2_endlessdungeon, but wouldn’t obey on the color coding.

you can add them with the tool

Ok i’m not entirely sure i understood what you said with the groups etc, i will give it a go tomorrow and if i run into another issue, i know you don’t want to, but you’ll hear from me again >.<

Ah sh*t forgot to edit, i found how to add items after a while. Thanks a lot for the reply dude. Peace <3