[Tool] Rainbow Filter (Item Highlighting)

Yes, I saw that post, thank you. :slight_smile:

EDIT: removing the ui texts did the trick, just like that earlier poster mentioned. Thanks again!

EDIT2: Though I don’t want to give up after I’ve already put this much time in trying to figure it out. So, could someone simplify how to get the app update to work? I don’t understand what they are saying. So… there’s an app folder. Great. Where do we put that? What do we download? the waneztools set up exe? Or the source code or something? But the source code doesn’t have an exe??

"Expand app.asar in the Wanez app. " Um. huh?? Do they mean extract? I’ve tried extracting into the waneztools folder, and the resource folder in that but nothing happens. Using the app after still just borks the in game loot filter.

So how do we change some of the colors? (full rainbow hurts my eyes. I only want certain things highlighted not all of them but I have no idea how to do that without breaking the loot filter) trying to Ctrl + F in the ui text but nothing matches, so manually changing the colors looks impossible for me too.

Um. Help?

EDIT3: Figured it out. Sheesh. it’s always a simple answer that I complicate and confuse myself over. lmao

So, if any others are like me and just want one or 2 colors:

1. download the text file that mmilleder provided (thank you so much for the update!)
  2. download WanezTools exe from the first page link
  3. extract the text folder and put it in settings in wherever grim dawn is located (for me it’s in my games)
  4. use wanez tools (click settings first so you can tell it where grim dawn is located) then change the colors to what you want then save it.
  5. download the text files from mmilleder again. extract 'em and open text ui
  6. Ctrl + F --> #LootFilterUI copy that section and then paste it between hud and skillui in the ui text file that waneztools just changed in grim dawn folder settings
  7. need to copy tagGamePadLootFilter=Loot Filter too and put it in the gamepad section if you use a controller

Question if anyone figured it out already

When i put these
SkillRetaliationDamageFormat={%.0f0%} {^X}of Retaliation Damage added to Attack
SkillRetaliationDamageFormatNumbers={%.0f0%} {^X}of Retaliation Damage added to Attack ({^H}{%.0f1} - {%.0f2}{^E})

tagCharHealIncreaseModifier={^E}Healing Effects Increased by {^H}{%.0f0}%
tagCharHealIncreaseModifierR={^E}Healing Effects Increased by {^H}{%.0f0}% - {%.0f1}%

in the tags_ui.txt doesnt work,but when i add them here tagsgdx2_ui.txt it work when modifying them
So i have to use both files? tags_ui.txt and tagsgdx2_ui.txt ?
Is there a way to have all of my modifications in the tags_ui.txt only?

New player here and this is the first mod I have ever tried so please bear with me…
You mention a text ui file in mmilleder’s download
but when I download his file there is no file called text ui?
and there are three files which have ‘ui’ in their name.

Hey, apologies if this has been answered, but I couldn’t find through search. Is this being updated for Forgotten Gods? Or has a different mod taken over?

Nevermind, found it for 1.1.1.1 a couple pages back.

Hi guys! Can any one explain me PLEASE how to make this mod so it could work on russian translation in game???

As the file that was just updated has been deleted by this chaos, I uploaded it once again FullRainbow-1.1.2.0.

@ WareBare
Fortunately I read your last post before this happened.
New features for translation look great. Thank you for your hard work! :smiley:

OP updated, too, looks like we are back to normal in here :smiley:

thks for all the updates :smiley:

@WareBare @Matougi

Okay, so I have the settings folder in my Grim Dawn folder, but it just doesn’t work. I get no fun loot filter colours. Nothing.

If you’re using a different language or fonts that make use of the same system it won’t work that way, the files need to be added to the .zip in localization.

However, if you are using none of that and just the base game without anything else (no mods) it works if the .txt are in:

Grim Dawn/settings/text_en/*.txt

which is the same path as in Matougi’s download

and restart the game, otherwise the files won’t be reloaded.

Literally using nothing more than the Grim Dawn + Expansions + Mod, with Grim Dawn/settings/text_en/*.txt as the directory, as was explained in the instructions.

Nothing. Just the game, working as it always has with no modifications.

Hence my confusion :frowning:

Is there any way to only keep the affix/suffix and base item colors? I don’t like the colored stats or the annoying ‘S’ added to set items. I just want to see item rarity when it lies on the ground, nothing else.

Either you edit the *.txt per hand or wait for the new tool to be released. I should get the tool ready in the next few hours, I’m currently in the bug-squashing phase.

thanks dude.

The first version for the new tool is now up on GitHub.

General Information (ReadMe.md): https://github.com/WareBare/WanezGD_Tools
Downloads: https://github.com/WareBare/WanezGD_Tools/releases

Too much to do still… .
I’ve added the new items and compared the results with Matougi’s latest update, so all items should be shown correctly.

Currently 2 Presets are available:

• Full Rainbow
  • Basic Highlighting (I think a little different as before, can’t remember how it was exactly)

You can change them or make entirely new ones, I will be adding new ones if/when we get new community favorites.

It is fully functional with different languages and to those that have read the previous post (the one that is now gone due to forum rollback), I fixed the .zip size issue, it’s now the correct size.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot! I’m glad my role is over. :smiley:

Hello WareBare,

Thanks again for the tool, works great! :smiley:

If someone can’t get the original filters to work properly (despite having things in the correct places), would WareBare’s program resolve the issue?

Deleted Edit’s 1 and 2, because:

Edit 3: AHA! Finally figured it out. Everything has been saying “put it in your Grim Dawn directory”, except my settings folder is in the secondary Grim Dawn folder which is in My Games. Chucked it in there as well, problem solved entirely.

i read through all the posts here but i’m still confused.

i have the mod installed and it’s working.

so what colours do i look out for to know that it’s a high roll?

so far i only know:

• Green > Yellow