⭐ Top 20 Softcore builds, ft. HC approved section from RektbyProtoss! [1.2.0.5] (An Onion)

The Deathguard Reaper Grimtools link in the Google doc link is for an interesting acid GoE Sentinel FWIW. The correct one is easily found through the SR video link on the same page, though.

Edit: The Evoker Vindicator links to the same GoE Sentinel.

Edit 2: So does the Vitality Ranged Oppressor.

it’s because you’re clicking the link in the grimsheet, if you notice the URL in the embedded link is different than the posted grimtools url - i’m guessing they had like a default template copy paste inserted when creating the sheet
if you copy the actual grimtools link posted/typed in the sheet (instead of clicking the embedded hyperlink) then it takes you to the correct GT build

1 Like

Hi thank you for the effort for making, testing and posting all these builds.

I was wondering if anyone could help with the pyran shieldbreaker - should you be casting mortar trap on CD or trying to wait for the big one and then cast? If I miss (the big one) am I best just leaving the traps? Does it matter?

Sorry relatively new to game and assume it’s similar to the totems discussion above

Probably casting it on cooldown because of DoT (damage over time) stacking from each new mortar. Just a guess because of the DoT stacking example from Ludrigan’s set and Storm Totems.

What I find a little confusing about this is how many builds from the old list simply disappeared. Can’t imagine the EoR Warlord for example all of a sudden being useless and broken. Instead we got like 5 viable Saboteur’s in the top 10 now.

Us too, but balance has changed a lot since 1.9.9.8.

2 Likes

It’s not confusing if you realize that there are probably thousands of viable builds in Grim Dawn and this list only shows the best fraction of them.

4 Likes

I have disabled cloud saves in the game. But my path "C:\Users\username\Documents" don’t have anything. I don’t know where my save location is? How can i find it?

My path “C:\Users\username\Documents” don’t have anything. I don’t know where my save location is? How can I find it?

How can I import them?

A build that you guys deemed rank 2 worthy prior out of that fraction, doesn’t even make the cut anymore.
How can that be?

1 Like

sounds like Onedrive might have hijacked the folder then, check your onedrive folder path

thank you! I found it

We tested it a lot, that Gutsmasher EoR Warlord also in different variations and it just didn’t work as well after game balance overhaul (addition of Sunder, changing of mutators and changing of how your damage reduction doesn’t affect enemies debuffs anymore so War Cry is less potent and few other things). Doesn’t mean that the build is bad or dead, just not on the level of the current top20.

You are always welcome to test it yourself (in any configuration), all the saves to our current top20 are there, I think the difference will be easy to see.

Gave it a spin on crucible yesterday afterwards.
Melts enemies quickly and the HP pool is respectable as well.
Did not try celestials, cause that is something I must do with a character which I have leveled and equipped myself.

As I said, if build is not in a top20 anymore it doesn’t mean it’s dead. It can still be pretty good. Crucible is a perfect mod for this build.

EDIT: Here is how I made it for the current top20 testing btw (actually had Turtle instead of Watcher but in the next patch I would prefer Watcher):

1 Like

Huh, the Chaos AoM near spam build is pretty damn good, shame the save doesn’t come with waystones though :stuck_out_tongue:

And I’m amazed the Cold Korba Trickster is the top build, as usually it’s more focused on RoS.

Anyhow, looks like I need to hurry the fluff up and post my Vit FoI Voidsoul Apostate, because the thing’s a bloody monster. Not top 20, but 400k dps on FoI makes it very capable despite FoI’s annoying drawbacks.

Along with my take on mad-lee’s lightning AoM archon, which I developed via my own experiments with the concept and arrived at a similar, though very different take on it. Which has managed naked crucible and SR90-91 with just basic resist pots and health regen pharma: Archon, Level 100 (GD 1.2.0.5) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

1 Like

On the internet, you’re either the number 1 build or you’re a total trash-garbage, worthless, dead build and you should delete your life and uninstall your character for not playing the number 1 build.

It’s always been like this. There’s some people who only want to play the absolute best and nothing else will do.

Now that’s random, considering what I wrote prior. There’s a better spinner mentioned in this list to boot, but I have the items for the warlord. There goes my very deep reasoning to pick a meme build at this point in time.