V1.1.5.2 Discussion

I would like to get AA fixed to be not blurry with Deferred Rendering on.
I don’t know if it is possible to fix the used FXAA method or if you need to implement another AA method.

Because of the fact that with FXAA on everything gets blurry, I play with DR on and AA off (like the most of us I think).

I really really like Deferred Rendering for performance, particles and reflections, but the little edges (with AA off) annoy me.

If you could fix this issue I would be very happy and I think many others too.

Thank you in advance!

Got that.

Buuuuuuuuut! I will kidnap this topic anyway, hoping to hear if adjustments to the current loot filter can or cannot be expected in the future.

Thanks!

Possibly undo the Flames of Ignaffar conduit weapon % reduction and then nerf some other chaos FoI item or throw a bone to fire FoI some other way?

Yes please!!! if it is not some yugol effected variants could do too !!!

Please consider changing the +2 to Nightblade and Occultist into +2 to all classes for Dreegal’anore 2H sword. This would alow for more creative use of this mostly useless but amazing weapon. I’d also add the proc from its non-mythical to the mythical version!

Another thing, Yugol’s hunger (relic) could really use some DOT component like poison/frostburn. As is it’s not really suitable for any strong endgame builds.

I have to say that the leveling experiance now in 1.1.5 is a complete new experiance to me. Everyone at crate working on this update did a great job. It is so much more enjoyable to start a new character. Something I am still hoping to come to future updates, maybe not the scope of the next hotfix (who knows there have been hotfixes in that size already):

• Possibility to call up a crafting recipe on right click or double click in the sub crafting menu
  • Continuous Updated Skill and Proc VFX (like for example Flame Torret)
  • Drop Sounds/ VFX or/ and the possibility to highlight double rares since I still dont know if I ever got one of them.
  • Some more tech/ visual improvements to include into the xbox port (and also the pc version)

Not a request for this patch, but for gd2, if it ever gets made:

Please, never do another game where the player needs to stack as much RR as possible, in order to not have 100% All Damage Converted to Shit Damage. It sucks.

There are other ways to make the game challenging and actually encourage build diversity.

Ok boomer.

1 Like

It’s funny because at the current state it discourages the daylight out of build diversity. Solael’s Witchblade? Mandatory for fire and especially, double especially for chaos. Acid & Poison? Yup, you’re not leaving murmur out. Torch? Done on pretty much every fire build. Ultos too on every build that has the points for it.

Adding RR to more constellations like Revenant and Bindings of Bysmiel was a good choice, but it’s like the smartloot added to the D3 loot system. It is a bandaid fix to a festering wound in the end.

Interestingly, RR was a feature of the Sorcie’s Cold Mastery passive, the Pally’s Conviction aura, and the necro’s Lower Resist curse initially. Later on they made Cold Mastery unable to break immunities (cold immunities were designed with cold mastery in mind, hence being 130 instead of 110 or 100) but made conviction available to everyone via an expensive runeword. Pretty much every elemental type damage dealer ran it with a merc obviously. Such build variety!

Would it be possible to get some bleed resist on the Deception of Dreeg set? So little to be found on it and the related items that you’re locked into most augment and component choices.

Not the discussion to have in this thread, but better cut Resistances and Crits and Attack/Cast Speed too, cause players are forced to stack those, reducing build diversity, amirite?

4 Likes

It’s really annoying to re-buff after being hit by an Arcane hero. Especially if the build requires buffs to be on 2nd bar. Maybe just have the nul be a 5 debuff and then have buffs return without recasting them.

4 Likes

Not sure if this has been suggested (and/or shot down), but I’ll ask anyway.

Can Vinelton (sp?) - the vendor in Ancient Grove - be allowed to sell limited quantities of Ugdenblooms?

1 Like

+1 to this idea. Running the recent roguelike, it’s nice stopping off at the vendor to check through for any good rare MIs and pick up a Blood or Brain at the end.

Would be neat to see Vinelton sell 1-3 Ugdenblooms as well, it might sound like a small number but after you do 5, 10, 20 etc runs, it all adds up.

1 Like

I’m gonna (hopefully) post some more feedback once I find the time. For now I just wanna say:
Please don’t change/revert the Ill Omen buff, it is perfect (more skill point effective than decay, just like a true debuff spell should be). People can actually choose either Ill omen or decay to their liking. I personally really like Ill Omen the way it is, it’s great for debuff only especially in HC. I know it’s kinda bad for Crucible speed runs, but you can just still use decay the same way you used to.

The only reason I actually post this is the amount of rant I’ve read about Ill Omen and people calling it useless or obsolete, which it certainly is not.

Just felt like putting this opinion here in this thread, thank you for your attention.

6 Likes

How about increasing the conversion rate of 2H weapons to 72-108%?

For example, I’m interested in using Nightbringer but it can only have at most 60% elemental to vitality conversion. If Nightbringer were 1-handed, I have the option of DW Nightbringer or bringing Leafmane Trophy or Decree of Malmouth offhand for 100% conversion.

I’m aware that in this case, elemental to vit conversion exists on other slots. But 1H weapons have the flexibility of having the conversion on their other hand.

This is a pretty radical/extreme change.

On paper, it sounds fine if and only if 2-handed weapons were designed with this in mind from the beginning. But nowadays, giving specific weapons like Nadaan’s Reach 100% Elemental->Pierce conversion, Leviathan 100% Cold/Vitality->Physical conversion, Gutsmasher 100% Chaos/Lightning conversion to name a few is pretty ludicrous.

Bottom line, it would have been a nice way to compensate 2-handed weapons if it were thought of ahead of time but now? There are no telling what the ramifications it would have on builds.

reactionimg69

Mythical Gutripper got a nice buff to the modifier. The damage is almost good now. But I think the numbers on the weapon aren’t the problem, rather that it has a lot of useless stats:

• Lifesteal - doesn’t work with bleeding damage, and this is the end level 2H weapon with the lowest base damage in the game
  • Increased duration on the bleeding - a little excessive, especially since it doesn’t really help with Grasping Vines
  • Bonus to Deadly Momentum - just gives a negligible percentage bonus to bleeding damage if you keep the buff up
  • Proc, slower target movement - doesn’t stack with Grasping Vines
  • Proc, DA reduction - doesn’t stack with Howl of Mogdrogen Celestial Power, which you’ll always want to pick up

I wouldn’t mind trading it all for 1 useful stat. I realize some of these are thematic, so they might stay regardless.

For a bleeding Warder like the one I’m playing, it’s unfortunate that Bloodsurge and Lacerator Girdle are bad compared to the alternatives (despite the latter just getting a buff; merely increasing the numbers misses the mark I believe).

1 Like

Its not that radical. We know that excess conversion is scaled down to fit 100% range. If you have other conversions diluting your target conversion, then the excess conversion helps with that.

In the case of Nadaan’s Reach, it just means you’re not forced to use Mythical Pack of Treacherous Means if the weapon itself can give you all the conversion you need. It gives you more flexibility in what you want wear in the belt slot.

Its true that I can’t imagine the full ramifications of this. But will the option to equip a +1 skills in the belt slot really jack up the power creep by that much?