V1.1.5.2 Discussion

After 1.1.5.0 my Purifier became squishy. I have 3 green items with suffix “of Vicious Barbs”.
The Suffix has received some changes. Removed % armor bonus and added % stun resistance.
And after 1.1.5.1 changes on Valdun’s Rifle (reduced % Chaos dealt as Pierce modifier for Fire Strike to 50%). Less DPS and less Armor build dead.

Some of these changes would be desirable

• return Pierce modifier for Fire Strike to 100%
  • return “of Vicious Barbs” suffix as it was before
  • change Valdun’s Rifle Armor Piercing from 50% to 60%

How could possibly Valduun be “dead”? It’s arguably the strongest ranged build. Chaos to pierce change was made because the build was way too strong!

Less armor can be a problem but doubt that’s something which can kill you as ranged build. Purifier have Seal+Blast shield, heal on demand, life steal and in-built physical resistance from Conviction. So armor is even less important.

1 Like

Arguably the strongest ranged build??? ARGUABLY???

NEIN.

It IS the strongest ranged build.

P.S: Just teasin’ ya, nery <3

I find this a poor argument, Same as saying that using too many procs creating obnoxious ground aoe effects is on the player. Since when did we have to limit our build diversity and consider dropping some effects or the number and quality of auras because of a single mob type? Don’t forget, these mobs are a late game addition. Why? Did we complain about lack of creative ways to stress us some more? And if so, is this really a creative way to do so?

I still consider arcane mobs a poor late game design decision and will still vote against them if my vote ever counts.

You are teasing not only Nery! No it is not the strongest ranged build! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

The strongest ranged build which is posted. Happy now :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Sounds like Nery has a secret OP build.

Nery IS secretly OP.

He just hides it under his charisma and charm to avoid the nerfhammer.

2 Likes

Yeah, the guy with the most builds posted last few months is constantly hiding secret OP builds.

But I know who’s eyeballing this off topic for a potential nerfhammer. :smile:

My personal list since the patch:

• I recently decided to level a phys/bleed Warder and ran into a distinct lack of endgame gearing options in the offhand due to the loss of phys/bleed % on the groble sand effigy. The only other option is to use a mismatched unique that has bleed damage but no appropriate +skills or a Scarab Shell. I don’t mind using a Scarab Shell, but some more options would be nice. Especially when I look up physical damage % to compare and find about 2x hits.
  • On the topic of my new Warder, Grasping Vines seems like a nice skill to use but, again, I haven’t found much support for it as core phys/bleed skill compared to all the vitality or acid versions.
  • I’ve always wanted to use Tsunami on my TSS Druid, but can never find the points for it. The lack of resists and OA/DA make it hard to part with Eel/Sailor’s Guide.

I mean…there was cholol the nerftaker :stuck_out_tongue:

A little ‘Always show double rares’ checkmark would be amazing. Since now its not possible to play with only MIs on and as well get to collect the ‘Rare’ double rares.

My apologies, maybe I chose the wrong word it’s not “dead”. :innocent:
After these patches it is noticeably harder, quite a lot. It wasn’t very easy before these patches, I also needed to watch what bosses / nemessis I was attacking.

Its not the strongest. There are few builds that can work good at lategame. :v:

It’s already there, no?

Yes it is

What is your definition of the late game, and what do you mean by “few?”

May I ask for a GT to some of these builds?

Because I think there are plenty of builds which work in the late game

Yes. Because it was OP before

Not sure if this was mentioned before (i’m not Zantai and don’t have to read everything :stuck_out_tongue:):

Well i leveled an FoI Defiler, pretty similar to SirSpanksalots build, and in endgame it’s doing fine, albeit it feels still a littlebit cluncy compared to AAR or EoR. (Damage is there, but targeting feels a bit iffy at times).
But what really was hell on earth was the attempt to level with that skill. (Yes, i know, my mistake to even try it instead of going WoP into Pox/Sigil/Bolt and switch at 94). From lvl 20ish until lvl 83 even with three ectoplasms and as much costreduction as possible FoI drains your energy faster than you can say “whoopsie”. To compensate it also deals no damage whatsoever. It’s the most geardependant skill that i have played so far besides Grasping vines. The first piece of myth gear at 84 (gloves) almost doubled the tooltip, the other pieces at 94 then almost quadrupled it.

My suggestion would be to improve the damage vs manacost ratio on the lower levels without changing the high ultimate ranks (24-26).

Some QoL/targeting improvement for the chaosversion in endgame would also be nice, but imho this is much more debatable and subjective than the truely absurd manacost vs dps ratio at lower levels.

Btw this is the character who really loves the new affixes :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: (not showing in GT yet):
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/JVlbabMN

I’ve only tried levelling with FoI once and it was a Fire/Burn variant up to the end of Ultimate AoM before Forgotten Gods released and completely SSF, no fast levelling gear used. It was about a year ago so my memory on some things might be off so take what I say with a grain of salt.

I do agree that damage was hard to come by early on before Krieg. Couldn’t invest in the base skill as Burning Dead/Emberguards took too long to kill so I focused on Intensify first. It seemed to be more efficient on damage against energy as well. Flame Torrent was also a big help.

Don’t recall having any major issues for the rest of Normal, getting Inquisitor’s Seal for defense and Censure for passive RR helped. Getting Eldritch Fire also helped as well when I got there. Getting Endless Flame unlocked meant energy became less of an issue.

A big damage boost came around mid-Ugdenbog when I picked up a Flamestrife from Janaxia. Took 2 or 3 kills but it was well worth it, I actually got lucky and got an ‘of Celerity’ one too, I remember my sheet DPS almost tripled, even with only 3 points in the base skill. Things started melting between it and FT, easily cleared the rest of AoM and moved into Elite. I never replaced that Flamestrife until I got up to Janaxia on Elite and farmed for a new one, same for Ultimate. I never had issues on damage.

Oh y, a Flamestrife would have helped certainly. I totally forgot about that item, because i knew, that i wanted to play the chaos variant. Fire for starters very well might have been a wiser choice.

I leveled in Veteran shortly after 1.1.5 came out, using the typical leveling gear. I only picked up FoI after Krieg, and it never felt comfortable for me before Ultimate. I’m honestly very surprised that you don’t recall mana issues, because during bossfights i was waiting for my potion to come off cd all the time and i did my best to improve on that situation, using multiple ectoplasms, a focusing prism, beelining the -costreduction modifier on FoI etc. The problems for me only truely disappeared after giving in and picking up Harp instead of Watcher in the devotion tree (wich i did very late.)

You’d still get a similarly high boost on a Chaos variant from a Flamestrife as all unconverted Fire damage on FoI gets turned into Chaos with the transmuter, FG added in an MI specifically for Chaos FoI as well. I actually regretted going Fire Purifier late Ultimate because defense wasn’t working out as well and wished I’d gone for Chaos FoI Deceiver instead.

I lied to the Rovers and took the Bone Charm on all 3 difficulties which really helped. Even end game, a +500% damage boost and +45/+30% energy regeneration for 10 seconds on-demand were big.

If I still have anything on the character (like I kept GT links for the character at the end of Normal/Elite/Ultimate), I’d have to do some digging around as it might still all be on an old laptop.

1 Like

Y, i know :flushed:. I simply had forgotten about the MIs because my final build doesn’t contain one in the weapon slot. But y, i agree, the damage issues are partially on me.

Rover talisman is cheating :stuck_out_tongue: I had considered that option, but since i didn’t need it on anything that i’ve played within the last year, not even on AAR or spam BWC, i decided to get the faction reputation from that quest as usual. But y, the talisman is big, because it also provides 20 flat regeneration.

Still, a very geardependant skill, needs an MI and a lifted relic for leveling :D.

I think we were able to clarify very nicely, why our leveling experiences were rather different. So -success, i guess.

1 Like

well i did not know that kaisan does not spawn in the new dungeon! thats a bummer, how could it be a rogue dungeon without a possible nemesis spawn? :sob: (lore wise he should not spawn in there, does this mean a brand new nememes is in the works, possibly giving this new one the spawnpoints of the new dungeon and all the related areas of riggs quest? :smiling_imp:

1 Like