V1.1.5.2 Discussion

No need to nerf Tricksters, 10 % won´t help Shaman much.

And nerfing Shaman would nerf 75 % of all viable Bleeding Builds. :shushing_face:

What if I say I want it on a weapon, so we can DW it? I mean 10% RR won’t make bleedmaster viable too. We need at least 25% for that imo.

Blademaster:

• 10 % from Weapon (e. g.)
  • 32 % from Rend
  • 18 Flat Grasps of Unchained Might
  • 10 - 12 % from Justicar Ring

Not good, but manageable.

Can Pandemic get cast speed? It looks like a great weapon for vitality DEE spam but the lack of cast speed hurts its usability for that build.

1 Like

Vitality DEE it’s hard to find cast speed, no matter if you use Pandemic or Dreeg weapon. Also most of vitality gloves don’t have CS and if you try it as Sentinel no CS in both mastery.

Also energy regen is tight with Rothgeist.

Conjurer also has no cast speed because Shaman has no cast speed.

I was precisely trying to setup a Rotgheist Conjurer and i was getting low cast speed. Energy might not be a big issue specifically with this build because Rogheist adds a lot of weapon damage to DEE and no enemy in the game resists energy leech now. So you can leech energy from any enemy.

I still think a couple of Rotgheist pieces could use flat energy regen.

A suggestion/request/question perhaps not for 1.1.5.2 but for the future. How “feasible” would it be to add a function similar to Borderland 3’s mayhem mode? Where you increase the difficulty level and each increase adds a mutator to the game, with rogue likes and SR getting additional mutators? This can come with increased chances of MIs dropping and double rare affixes increasing with the number of mutators? Realistically only want/need it for Ultimate difficulty and does not need to go on forever. This would be a good way to make farming outside rogue likes/SR in the main campaign be more rewarding.

I know the answer to how “feasible it is” is most likely “hard as fuck, you dumb nerd” but humor me :smirk:

1 Like

Some ideas to balance “the imbalanced” that is deep shards without affecting the game at lower levels (too much):

• Kaisan - reduce uptime on his crystals. This enemy is not meant for SR scaling. He quickly becomes a god and an absolute alt+f4 for all builds with no possible way to win against. By reducing uptime on the crystals he would become kiteable because you could return to the area you already fought him in.

Kubacabra - change %health heals on his Totems to only flat heath heals (the number might also scale). Anything with ticking %health heals is not meant for SR scaling. Sooner or later he becomes immortal. Imo no enemy should ever be immortal under no circumstances.

Sentinel - mind control is a nice “flavor” but in SR where you can’t dispose of enemies quickly it’s overpowered against many pet builds, creating alt+f4 situations quite early on (especially now when it’s a pain to gear-swap on pets). Is it possible for mind control to also have -% total dmg?

Now, all enemies sooner or later become too powerful to handle. But the above just have one fixable aspect that makes SR scaling too powerful relative to the others and creates alt+f4 situations relatively early. I’m not mentioning the usual SR troublemakers such as Anasteria, Grava or Slathassar; they are hard but at least in theory always winnable.

4 Likes

GAME:

• Make warrants to be guaranteed drop from nemesis. We can buy faction writs relatively early and as much as we want, so I don’t understand why warrants are so hard to get? Every time I reach lvl 94 I open GDStash and set infamy level to max. Give players a reason not to cheat [1].
  • Significantly increase nemesis chances to be spawned in rogue-like dungeons. There should be challenge to beat them, not to find them. I’ve farmed BoC more than 200 times and seen Ben just once or twice.
  • Quest rewards are outdated. Please, increase them to appopriate level. E.g. always give RANDOM full components, not partials. There is no problem to go and farm any component, but it’s rather confusing to get scrap or some shitty stone on Ultimate while you can get more just by killing a first zombie outside a camp.
  • Allow to undo mastery. More precisely, allow to undo fist point from mastery. Builds rise and fall, we all respec them from time to time because leveling new toon takes so many hours. Let it will cost 500k or smth, but possible. Give players a reason not to cheat [2].

UI/UX:

• When switching between crucible and campaign automatically pick highest possible difficulty.
  • Highlight components that can be inserted in item even when this item is in inventory or in stash. Right now components are only highlighted when you’re wearing item, but item description can be really long and thus overlap both inventory and stash.
2 Likes

Or if not guaranteed, then at least higher than it is right now. The current drop rate is 20%, and with 8 or so hostile factions to get warrants for, on average that’s 40 Nemesis runs you have to do to get a full set of warrants for your next character - it gets old pretty fast. Even with warrants, you’ll still have to grind rep for a number of factions (especially so for Ultimate Merit users who’ll only naturally accrue one playthrough’s worth of negative rep instead of three), so at the very least cut down the warrant acquisition part of the grind.

Nemesis farming isn’t the most profitable thing in the game past a certain point (outside of Kaisan’s amulet I’m not going to get any rewards I couldn’t get more easily in SR), so at least make it a bit more easily accessible for those of us who want to have them spawn in campaign for fun alone.

1 Like

First of all, I am overwhelmed by the love you devs have put in this game, to an extend I have rarely ever seen in any other game. This is probably the reason I am still playing it, too. Yet, I can’t help but be a little frustrated about some of the changes that have been put into place by the latest patch. Maybe my character is just extremely unlucky.

I have been having a lot of fun playing as a Mage Hunter: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/nZobQxBV. I have spent a lot of time putting this character together. This character has Biting Blades as a main attack skill, which works (or worked) because of conversions. In the latest patch, though, the Storm Serpent set completion conversion was reduced, Chosen Spaulders conversion was changed completely (and Beronath’s amulet was changed, but this makes sense to me and could be replaced).

I understand these changes are made to adhere to a greater vision you devs have for this game, but this was a bit of a game breaker for me personally.

I agree with everything, but this.

And almost all mastery combinations can perform at well at end game challenges.

6 Likes

Could we craft the higher Relic by one-single button?
I mean, it just cost toooooo much time to filp craft pages, collect gears we need, and craft.
even I’m surely know I can craft one of Mythical Relics, I must to use about 3-5 miuntes? to craft that Relic.
It is bad for craft experience :frowning:

But why not? This “feature” doesn’t conflict with any feature that GD already has. You can undo attibutes, skill and devotions. So why refuse from ability to undo mastery itself? As for me transmutation is much much more frustrating.

Because it would remove the last thing that actually punishes the player and the last choice that should actually stick. Learning from mistakes is a thing the devs clearly want the player to experience and being able to basically undo all of them with one character goes against that.

1 Like

Because this is a game where you are meant to play multiple characters at the same time, especially if playing legit self-found.

i.e. you’ll rarely get gear drops for the spec you’re using. each time you find a new equipment, it usually prompts the player to go - WOW. That’s cool! What if I try…

1 Like

I didn’t know that the game purpose is to punish players.

That’s not quite true. What if my build contantly fails in SR/Cruci. Should I waste a week by leveling a new char just because of that? And then a new one after another bunch of nerfs.

Aaand? What’s wrong if it makes player happy? The price should be steep, though. So, it’s more like:

• Wow, it’s cool! What if I try…
  • Holy shit, it’s 500k-1b. I don’t have that much.

Yeah, games should punish poor decisions. My first two or three characters were trainwrecks that punished my poor choices, but i learned from them and my next characters were much better.

By removing the last important decision in the game, you are removing this. Some decisions should stick or else they are pointless if you can just revert them.

And 500k is absolutely nothing given that you can make that in like half an hour.

1 Like

You can do it with GDStash. There is no need for the devs to waste their time with such feature because it’s already possible for those too unwilling to stick with their choices.

1 Like

You’re not being punished by not being able to change class ingame. You’re missing out on the fun of running mutliple characters trying out all sorts of different build ideas.

As for the other stuff you said, there are tools for that - they’re called GDDfiler and GDStash. If you want to change class and not relevel a new character then use one of those. Which also negates the idea of making changing your class ingame an expensive option when with either of those you can do it for free.

1 Like