V1.1.9.2 Discussion

It’s not really that bad by itself but the cost makes it very unattractive, cause lightning builds don’t want 5 purple especially since revenant has flat RR from like aom. And Crate doesn’t wanna change devo reqs anymore. Best they can do is buff it a lot that people will go out of their way to get it.

4 Likes

I like it with CDR in a build, but otherwise as mentioned the 5 purple cost is not ideal. Usually means I’m taking wraith+toad and losing out on a tier 3 (one of spear/ultos/korvaak). Also lacks weapon damage so you lose some passive leech as well compared to those other 3. On the plus side, the chance for % lightning node gives some super nice peaks combined with stormcaller pact.

3 Likes

I think it’s alright, just hard to squeeze into Lightning routes like Ultos + Spear alongside everything else you want, maybe it sees some niche use on specific Electrocute builds. Comparatively, Fire easily fits Fissure into Meteor routes, Cold easily fits Blizzard into Whirlpool/Yugol routes.

2 Likes

From the 1.1.9.1 Discussion

Acid Drain Essence feels like it’s worse than Acid AAR despite AAR having no acid support (outside of conversions) and Drain Essence having a conduit that gives 10% Total damage and some nifty acid support.

Acid Drain Essence Reaper Grimtools

I’ve tried SR65 multiple times and I always die to big hits in the Boss Room. The build’s stats don’t appear to have any major weaknesses (the build’s low DA is cancelled out by a total of 460 or so OA shred), but even with minimal interruptions to cast Ravenous Earth and Ill Omen, Drain Essence doesn’t pull its weight.

I know there was a SSF Cold Drain Essence build posted recently, but would you think of lowering DE’s Energy Costs a bit? Aether DE gets all the spotlight cause it’s Spellbinder, but non-Arcanists have a tough time getting the Energy needed. 180 Energy per second just isn’t enough - I guess I can go for Scales since I have the conversion, but I don’t want Scales to be a crutch for skills that are just too Energy hungry on their own.

Since the Conduit buff, I tried this build again. It can now kill bosses semi-regularly in SR65. Still runs out of Energy in every Boss battle even with 200 Energy Regen per second, but that’s a separate topic altogether.

Would it be possible to add a second resistance to the Yugol constellation? Players are going to combine Abomination and Yugol when they need that extra %Acid damage (especially if you’re someone like Shaman or Necromancer which has no innate %Acid damage), but compared to something like Dying God + Rattosh or Time Dilation + Spear, the devotion route really gives little recourse for grabbing more resistances.

This may be a reason Acid builds feel like they never have any resistances even with multiple double-rare (meaning impossible) greens.

2 Likes

Stupid idea but how about sticking cooldown speed enhancements for AAB on Ilgorr’s medal line?

Basically:

• 30 lvl version stays the same
  • 55 lvl version gets “-0.1 Second Skill Recharge to Amarasta’s Blade Burst”
  • 75 lvl version gets “-0.3 Second Skill Recharge to Amarasta’s Blade Burst”
  • 84 lvl version gets “-0.5 Second Skill Recharge to Amarasta’s Blade Burst”
  • 94 lvl version gets “-0.7 Second Skill Recharge to Amarasta’s Blade Burst”

Result is twofold - first of all right now there is no cooldown reductions for cold ABB outside of 1 scepterso cold build get get something additional. Secondly with Mythical Cowl of the Venomblade and Ugdenbog Bilelauncher Acid Range ABB will be able to hit -1.6 cooldown reduction, becoming essentially acid version of Primal strike, but requiring 4 slots(head, both hands, medal) instead of 1 transmuter

2 Likes

Honestly lot of things can be said, I would write few I could think of right away.

• Vitality DEE. I tried spamming both Oppressor and Cabalist. Both versions have decent sheet DPS but are really slow. With Cabalist I can’t even complete Crucible, constant dying, frustrating experience for sure. GT Cabalist>https://www.grimtools.com/calc/pZrdQL62

• Lightning FW. To continue the topic, it’s the weakest FW build. I would think of adding mod to 2H lightning MI weapon and +1 Soldier to Wyrmbone head.

• Exonerator Tactician. I’ve made this Tactician some time ago - [1.1.5.2-1.1.8.0] Bonemonger going ranged! Lightning DW pistols Tactician and I know @eardianm was playing without set. Build could use some help. One thing in particular is alarming - lack of Cadence + skills, almost impossible to gather them. Weapon could be added +1 Soldier or +2 Fighting Form/+2 Cadence. Since Weapon damage is low, flat could use a little bump.

• Stun Jacks Light Defender Elementalist. https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lNkGMD4N Not sure if this build could be saved at all, really squishy. SJ items are in favor of CD version and class is too thin to support it. Also Light Defender set have it’s own issues. Ideas, guys?

• There are items being outclassed. I would point to some surprise category - belts. Since MI belts were added +1 skills there are few hardly justifying spot in any build. One of the culprits is Mythical Spiritseeker Cord player could use some stats. DA for instance can help even pet masters. Mythical Hammerfall Girdle I can’t remember being used in a build.

• Legendary off-hands needing extra boost. Mythical Consumption of Agrivix is in best case on par offensively for fire FoI with Vanity (tested by @tqFan) and defensively is worse. Fire CT will also select different off-hand and fire CT retal doesn’t probably exist. I would like to see +1 to some relevant class and better mods or add a proc. Hellscourge could use better proc with AdctH or something else. Even for fire Sigils or Sigils/Doom Bolt is outclassed. I’ve tried it on fire Pyromancer and it preformed bad. Mythical Judgment of Empyrion granted skills is nice idea but is awkward to use and it lacks electrocute damage, which decrease it’s value.

• Gutripper Warder is simply not working. Converting physical to pierce should be removed. Now Warder have around 70-80% of the sheet DPS being bleed and you can’t life steal through it. Even 30-35% AdctH and Scales aren’t enough to complete Crucible or high SR. I’ve deleted GTs maybe @Monceaux save his iteration?

• Also noticed few relics missing % DoT damage, Idk if is on purpose. For instance Impurity have % vitality damage but not decay.

6 Likes

I have one build that needs some bump - cold battle mage caster:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/DV9Eg1jV

While the gameplay looks neat the performance is meh in particular when you face with enemies having high cold or elemental resistances, for example Malkadarr or Kubacabra.

It was a pain to kill Malkadarr in Crucible when I tried to conquest 140-150 waves - his HP bar was decreasing very slow. As for Kubacabra - even Stormcaller Beacons and Celestial Blessings were not enouch to kill it on 150-160 waves.

The issue is build lacks of damage - maybe it needs more RR sources and some flat or % damage boost.

1 Like

No other MI has that, the skill mod is the same regardless of item level

Have you tried the new MI with life steal on SJ?

I have seen it been used in some HC builds, where defenses matters. But not in any CR speed running build no.

1 Like

But sticking -0.7 on medal from the start is a bit too much… Not sure it is worth separately created medal, or will look good on any other already existing legendary…

GT is apparently without it but yes I do. And I’ve tried few devotion maps. Abosrb is better than heals/vitality procs btw but I couldn’t even complete 150-170 once in a few tries. There were some claims of Quick Jacks not even applying full 4% AdctH, Idk. It’s interesting
to see how well Purifier can perform but Elementalist is too glassy for dedicated SJ build. If I sub it with Chain Lightning can work. In fact I have similar build.

1 Like

Just something that I found inconsistence. Every MI chest armor from vanilla have higher armor value even though they’re the same level as those from AoM and FG expac. On helm MI it’s the opposite where those from vanilla have lower value. The most random value is the vanilla shoulder MI armor where the level 94 non-heavy can have armor value between 1100 to 1333 which is a Nemesis MI, for comparison every AoM and FG MI non-heavy shoulder have 1300 value.

Some armor value differences can also be found on level 94 Epic Heavy gloves. There might be something else in other slot but I’m too lazy to search it.

I’d like to reiterate that we are looking for your builds and their performance and why you think they are struggling, not laundry lists of items you want changed in a vacuum.

For example, why a certain item didn’t fit in your build, but seems like it should have, is a reasonable way to discuss a particular item. If you tried item X but item Y was always the better choice because it helped your build’s viability/performance.

5 Likes

Please update my Physical Primal Strike Warder https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RVvD3MzN
He has good defense, good attack speed, but he lacks damage (

Interesting. Perhaps it is something that should be adressed?

You mean purifier I assume because Vindicator has no stun jack skill :slight_smile:

Please consider a way to increase the Hellhound Summon Limit other than the Lost Souls set.

1 Like

Tell him more than just you want it.

1 Like

It’s in the topic. That’s why I linked it.

Someone seems to lack reading comprehension

yes, I have a strange thought that Quick Jacks modifier could halve the LL on the green sword. Why? Cuz everything is possible in this game.

speaking about Purifier: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7JyKNubIk8
this is the best result I could achieve with it, and though I tried several devo paths, I don’t like the build at all.
(already wrote about LD problems)
I also faced some serious shit like dying to solo IM in buffed Crucible, dying to Fabius in SR75-76 etc.
SR85+ is almost impassable, and even in less harsh environment the LL feels a bit underwhelming, as well as damage.

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking about life leech for a while. It’s very abundant for vitality damage builds but really hard to get for most other builds. Very often you need to make sacrifices in your build to add devotions or items that are unrelated to your damage type. So perhaps an easy solution is to introduce a global life leech resistance nerf to all enemies, and then remove the life leech resist shred from Rattosh - or move it to some unpopular devotion. That way, you reduce the amount of life-leech % required (down from 14% to 10%, assuming 14% is the standard) while keeping the performance for Vitality damage builds the same.