V1.1.9.2 Discussion

Not to mention that sometimes bonuses are so damn insane that you can go from lvl like 20 to lvl 94-100 without even feeling need to change MI weapon. Like for example Spectral Bludgeon

1 Like

They were good for base game earlier, but now that base game got skill mods… it is kinda questionable why the existance of non mythical legendaries. Sure some of them are still ok like gloves, legs, boots, etc.

1 Like

removed resistant mobs, they said

3 Likes

I know the pain. Level 10 - 20 MIs give damage comparable to putting 10 skills points into the skill. Look at MIs like Bane’Gargoth shard, Wradlith Bulwark, Riftclaw Slicer… basically all MIs that have flat damage modifiers.

2 Likes

yep, it became a common theme some patches ago, many non myth weapons had their granted skills, and myth version got changed to get skill modifiers instead, i think reaver’s claw was brought up a few times back then when the changed happened :smile:

I mean, imagine having THIS on mythical version:

4 Likes

It’s been this way since Ashes of Malmouth. Only a handful of Mythicals have since got their granted skills from non-Mythicals back and only with a big enough outcry/want from the community and a good enough case is made. Mythical Aetherreach being one of the notable ones I remember.

Any other Mythicals are open for discussion on giving them their granted skill back but you seriously have to convince Crate with more than just “I want it” or “This weapon needs it”.

To give context to Mythicals losing procs and skills from the lower level versions, the devs wanted to tone down the amount of procs because they felt the game was becoming too much like it was “playing itself”.

3 Likes

yet they introduced rata and overhauled retaliation :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Bet Zantai is regretting now. :scorv:

By the way, during FG testing, RATA was 100% on all sources (it was displaying the wrong value). 3 million damage Boar devotion proc.

2 Likes

The most glaring issue I see in the game now is Zantarin Nemesis (SR, Crucible, MC - all versions). His minions are fragile and susceptible to Life Leeching, making fight too easy for Takens. What about making him spawn with a bunch of loyal Praetorians instead, almost invincible and inspired by their glorious leader? (no trolling meant :slightly_smiling_face:). In SR you can basically corner Zantarin and clear Shards just by killing his endless minions. Not fair, to be honest, and ruins every challenge, in my opinion.

1 Like

Actually if you can’t kill him fast(vitality builds without racial damage for example) and not have a good AoE; those minions can kill you at some point.(not in 65-66 ofc) And once you die it’s even worse because there will be more minions. Yes for builds that have good AoE and instantly kill minions; Zantarin is easy but that doesn’t mean it is for every build.

Try it with a DW trickster where only AoE is Whirling Death and it’s limited radius; you can’t steal life normally and it’s worse againts Zantarin, you don’t have good armor so those Skeleton Archers kick your ass etc.

Same thing applies to Moosilauke, most builds kill it without a sweat till 80, but cold ones can’t kill the crystals fast enough and that slow MF take it’s time to follow you and when it came close, recast the crystals so repeat.

Every Nemesis have edge againts some builds.(but we all know melee builds are more vulnerable in this game)

3 Likes

i still get shotgunned randomly by Zantarin in melee, 97% of the time resulting in a 1shot death, - but since i’m softcore it’s not really a biggie, and most of the time he’s indeed stupid easy
same goes for ex Benny, MC Cruci and regular SR he might just be the easiest nemesis until you go higher in SR where his “jab” and clusters become an consideration, but he’s slow af and have no ranged counters in SR boss rooms
but if i’m lining up Z vs B for most things, Benny is just the weaker of the 2, but that’s purely because of Zantarin’s “random” shotguns in close combat still

2 Likes

75-76 minimum, I meant. Of course, at 80+ Shard even miniscule Bees in big packs sting hard :slightly_smiling_face:.

Ring of Steel, ABB, Blade Spirits/Wind Devils, Wendigo/Storm Totems, even Primal Strike might help as well.

Why touch those crystals? 80% Reduced Freeze Duration and chop that chilly gargant like a pro :rofl: (I have not had any problems with this Nemesis, so may be wrong).

Vitality melee suffer twice :thinking:.

Everything pales before Fabius’s Shadow Strike and its sometimes weird activation mechanic :neutral_face:.

why does Plague of Fatigue prefix give Vitality RR? image
Pestilence of Dreeg already have Plague of Consumption and Plague of Corruption that provides Vit RR
would it be too far out there to request Fatique gets chaos RR to match its conversion?? (just like the vit prefixes does)

1 Like

Because as we all know, carpal tunnel is far superior to QoL.

2 Likes

There are some items and sets that are intended to combine auto-attacker and caster styles of gameplay, but provide no casting speed. The result is some very janky gameplay where you spend a good portion of your time waiting through your casting animations to finish.

Take Runebinder set for instance. Both runes are on a fairly low cooldown, and if you don’t somehow stack casting speed (very hard for Inquisitor with no source on weapon slots), you have very little time to shoot at enemies. I tried getting “Light Bringer’s” prefix on Martin’s Crest and belt and it barely makes a dent on the low casting speed.

Same for Barrelsmith’s Destroyers. Set provides attack speed + some very neat WPS but in practice you end up throwing grenades at least 50% of the time. Not sure if it can be fixed but casting speed on pistols would definitely help at least a little.

Ludrigan Vindicator - haven’t tried this myself but I imagine it suffers the same issue, having to juggle between Storm Totems, Wind Devils and Savagery. Storm totems must be placed constantly to keep 100% uptime on all of them. Mythical Stormreaver has the exact same issue, though to a lesser extend, being a DoT weapon you don’t need to maximize your time hitting targets.

And there’s probably some other examples I’m not aware of.

I’m not saying those sets/items are weak, I don’t think they need buffs, just saying the gameplay doesn’t feel good. I know a lot of people don’t even bother shooting with Runebinder or Barrelsmith sets.

2 Likes

It’s how Zantai shows how much he likes you, by causing pain.

1 Like

I am sure this has been mentioned before, but would it be possible to up the maximum movement speed? Mobility skills only go so far, and I feel like the Taken is really really slow.

1 Like

diet time Hammer

1 Like