V1.1.9.8 Discussion

Not a feedback but some things I want in the game for diversity and fun;

• Can we get Fire Primal Strike mod on somewhere?

Yes it would definitely be meme but it can’t be memer than fire ABB.

• Acid Forcewave?

Blademasters and Witchblades should have more diversity.

• Vitality ABB?

It might exceed meme status too.

• Vitality Callidor’s Tempest.

Yes CT is really bad skill and we all agree it needs some main buffs but it can also use diversity.

• More mods to Grasping Vines

Just that.

• Pierce Bone Harvest.

Yes it can’t use Harvester of Death mod but why not?

• More Vitality>Fire Conversion on gears.

Yeah it’s a dream…

• Pierce FW mod on a medal.

Yes it’s quite possible with any %100 armor piercing weapon but it’s not that good with low %pierce damage so it require some good mods. Maybe Mark of Kalastor can get it?

Anyway these are my 5 cents.

3 Likes

DW melee in the broad sense is the second strongest playstyle now, after ranged DW. It might not have any representation in top5 or even top10 builds but in top100 it would be the most represented on par with ranged.

Things that need to be buffed in DW melee are Necrotic Edge and Belgo Shears animation. Drastically buffed. There are multiple potentially strong DW builds that are literally ruined by crappy Necrotic animation. I’ve asked for animation buff for these WPS for years now so i gave up by now.

Overall the strength of DW melee is highest single target dmg combined with supreme tankiness in smaller crowds. AoE tankiness and dmg were always melee DW weakness but at this stage of the game all gear, procs and devotions were buffed just enough to allow the solution of these problems.

Also with SR bossroom changes solo dmg became much more important than it was before.

The animations have been the same since time immemorial and DW has been just fine. If there is a problem now, the solution does not require us to redo animations.

I don’t know how this needs to be repeated again.

I also don’t want to repeat again all the arguments I layed over the years including frame analysis. Necrotic’s hit register coming late in the animation combined with slow swing makes WPS miss a lot of targets, especially in Crucible, and especially if you experience any sort of lag. Belgo shears is almost as bad with awful scaling on top.

Korba Trickster, custom cold DW Dervish, Next and Ortus cold Saboteur and multiple other DW builds with Nightblade are better with 2 seals of Void taken instead of Belgo Shears, despite losing 200% dmg and phys conversion granted by Coldstones. Same applies for Necrotic. You have to take paper-inferior Reaping Strike WPS just for better animation and stable leech coming from stable hit register.

All of this have been said before, by different peaple, and i have nothing to add, just answering the person who brought up the topic.

2 Likes

I know this will probably not happen. But is there any way at all possible that double rares would get a slightly different tint of green? I know you can set it in the filter to always show double rares, and disable rares and MIs, to only see double rares. But I’d love it if there was a possibility to enable rares or MIS and still somehow easier tell apart the double rare items. Otherwise I have probably missed a lot of them, even thouhg they are some of the strongest items out there, but I just dont have it in me to check every single green item like that anymore, I think many are the same.
Call it a small QoL :stuck_out_tongue:

You probably don’t know this but there are tools for that. Actually just some .txt files you copy in a proper folder (Rainbow Filter). This results in:

There are also some other way to mark them in Grim Internals.

1 Like

Is it possible for the colour to change only in the title, leaving the description as it is in grim dawn?
I’ll look into this, but I’d still prefer if standard GD had this option. Especially for people who often use cloud saves and move between pcs.(me)

Yes. Ask in the mentioned thread if you need some help. The files doing that might already be there

Cold Briarthorns with permanent Wind Devils.

Is it possible to make Chillmane do only cold damage (to have all damage as cold)? Or change Bysmiel Grasp in such way that 100% of physical damage is converted to cold for pets? I don’t think such build will break any records but it would be nice to have it thematically.

1 Like

The quantity isnt equal to quality. The sheer quantity of DW builds simply shows the number of options available for them - lot of items & class combination to consider - but all of those are weak nevertheless.
I bet you could just “inflate” the number of 2-handed and caster builds by making some tweaks, and make them push most melee DW out of top-100 too. I’d rather have a 1-2 builds in top-5, than 30 builds in top-50 to top-100. Because for me, those from top-50 to top-100 are just a left-overs, gallore, etc., compared to those top-10 or top-20.

Regardless whether you fix DW with animations, or by increasing the damage of WPS skills, or in some other way.
But something has to be done. DW melee is too weak, that’s a fact. Just look at top-tier builds list, and there are almost no DW melee there, and even if there are, they arent among top 10, or even 20. And one of those is EoR based on Dunefiend set, which isnt even a proper DW for me, it dual-wields weapons just because the set requires so.

The difference between the hit frame of Belgothian’s Shears and Reaping Strike at base attack speed is 1/10th of a second, or 3 frames. At 200% attack speed…well… Their interrupt frame, when your character can begin a new input, is exactly the same.

These animations have been this way since their creation. And in fact the slower ones had gotten sped up since then. There is a point where speeding them up further not only changes the “feel” of the hit, but also the overall DPS as the interrupt frame moves up. Moving the hit frame alone is not possible as then there would be a misalignment between the visual animation and the hit registration.

Dual Wield builds performed fine, and even used to be top tier, before any animations changes so it’s not like animations are suddenly the problem. You have established yourself as an authority on the endgame in this community, so if you’re going to keep repeating the same thing that is literally not going to matter to the average human being not pushing 4 minute timers, I have no choice but to step in and contradict that argument.

I admit Necrotic Edge’s hit frame is a little slower, can tweak that to match the timing of the standard WPS in the game, which incidentally is the timing of Belgothian’s.

1 Like

Based on what, that one build list? :thinking:

See, I’d rather have 30 builds in the top 100, or better yet the top 500 because there are that many options with very comparable results. The top 5-10 are almost certainly overtuned in some way.

4 Likes

Nope, it’s my own game experience too. I’ve yet to find a melee DW build, that has the same level of tankiness, DPS, clearspeed, etc., as 2-h melee or casters. Maybe i’m just yet to find “the one”, who knows?

Yes, that’s for sure. Like that Avenger set, for example. Do you really believe it’s totally balanced & fine? Stacking like 60% physical resist without giving up anything? Well, i dont. I know it’s ovetuned and offers too many sweet things all at once. I dont say we should just butcher it, but some slight nerfs would be very welcomed.

avenger doesn’t give you 60% physical resist, not on its own (has 24%), so you’re def giving up “something” to reach that much :joy:

That would be absolutely crazy, if a 4-piece set did it, right?
I meant, with that set you’re not giving up anything serious, and getting a 60% phys res nevertheless. While still having great DPS, AoE, OA/DA, resists, and everything else a good build does. Hell, it even gets 2k+ HP/S regen for free.

you clearly didn’t check my warlord out if you keep thinking that - avenger set gives 24%

26% if you get max rolls. :stuck_out_tongue:

There are many builds that get very high physical resistance without sacrificing really anything. Should those get nerfed too? No, they shouldn’t.

4 Likes

just base all phys res allowance on the assumption it’s a witch hunter with dual blades and aspect of the guardian that will wear it, 0 phys res items because you get 30% in class :grin:

I haven’t filed a request for that title. What i did do is i played an asbolutely unhealthy amount of builds in recent years, with big focus on AA builds, which resulted in a huge frame of reference to compare not only builds but same category skills and their value.

Variety and feel for gameplay were always more important for me than peak results. Necrotic Edge feels bad, Belgo Shears feels bad. And this bad feeling is perfectly reflected in results: regardless of the mods you have (and NE can have pretty ridiculous mods), builds with these WPS turn out weaker.

We’ve tested Belgo set Blademaster for top20 with scrutiny. The best version came out to be the one without Belgo Shears. On a set called Belgothian. Which has a big mod for Belgo WPS.

Is there anyone else who feels that Ring of Tawrot is somehow outdated when compared with Albrecht’s Duality? Or it is just me?