What are some strong 2-handed melee auto-attackers?

I see a good amount of blade arcs and forcewaves, but what are some good auto-attacking builds for 2-handers right now?

https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/1-1-4-2-fury-of-the-wild-blazerush-elementalist-c-sr/90181/36
This one is pretty good.
Also Vindicator with Stormreaver is very strong.
If you’re interested in ranged builds, Desolator and Valdun purifiers are your choice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Leviathan Cadence DK is good now and Ultos set Primal Strike is still as viable as ever. Other 2h builds are mostly hybrid casters like e.g. soulrend or blood knight+wildblood crusher bone harvest.
2h ranged fire strike purifier is good, too. Desolator is really strong.

1 Like

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/JVl6oERN
it’s is my 2h auto attack warder
every stat is good except adcth but it’s cover by high health, DA, armor, phys res, dmg absorb and super huge regen so you can farm very safely

1 Like

For pure melee, Ultos builds are very good. Probably the best 2h is Stormreaver Vindicator but it’s hybrid between melee and caster. Forcewave is pure casting spell, even scales with casting speed. Blade Arc works well with 2h weapons. But pure melee, definitely Ultos Thunderous strike.

1 Like

Can’t forget avenger warder as well.

Can you link me please. I have my doubts it’s strong.

Welllll…it’s been awhile since I’ve seen one in action. But I can’t imagine a warder being unable to clear 170 under 8 minutes. Which is still a pretty good build.

It’s just not phenomenal

Forcewave and blade arc transmuted are basically autoattacks (they don’t benefit from WPS, that’s all).

Good ones are Gutsmasher Blade Arc, Nadaan’s Reach Blade Arc and several Savagery builds. Bleed or pierce/bleed Rancor are also very fast. Arcblade Savagery Druid, i believe, can also clear in 6 mins, but this weapon will be nerfed next patch. All these things are viable for high SR as well.

I don’t think it will be nerfed so much so as be split into 2 different weapons.

P-blades side will be nerfed though

Arcblade will be nerfed, not Rancor.

OH! Temporal arcblade :stuck_out_tongue:

Dumb spanks read it as blade arc

I don’t believe you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/average-iq-by-country/

How tf do you know this random crap?

I don’t know much but Google does. Now I need to search best 2h melee build and will know even this :smile:

Actually, plasmodermic’s arcblade binder might be the strongest.

Though it’s technically a hybrid build

Mongolia 101
:thinking:

It is not. It can be semi-decent for Shards because of okay single target damage, but it’s slow in Crucible and overall behind most relevant 2h-builds. Unless you prove me wrong of course then I apologize in advance :stuck_out_tongue:

yes, you can, it sucks

@yuri_yuri

Most Ultos builds are pretty decent if done right. I recommend checking out one done by @John_Smith, I don’t have a guide, but here are the grimtools. John also did a super solid Physical Archon, a build that Avenger Warder should be but Avenger Warder just sucks.

The strongest 2h-build is @Firozo’s Pierce Blade Arc Blademaster.. It is a beast.

Also, if you like Physical flavoured builds, I can also recommend my own Blade Arc Witchblade. I polished it for the latest patch and it’s still a beast.

Those are the best pure 2-h melee builds, although Ultos doesn’t exactly feel like melee sometimes.

2 Likes

I know your definition of “good” and mine are not the same and I agree that it definitely isn’t “very good” or “awesome”. It also is, as you said, rather slow. It is better in SR than in crucible for sure. It’s still one of the best default attack replacer 2handers (behind Archon), mainly cuz there aren’t that many :sweat_smile:

You are right, there aren’t that many good ones. There are basically none except John’s Archon. I think Leviathan DK can only be considered half-decent today. I tried making Leviathan/Warborn Cadence Witchblade (which eventually became Blade Arc Bloodrager Witchblade) and it was a miserable experience. The main problem is a huge spread between “good” hits and “bad” hits that is caused by huge damage spread on the weapon and the fact that Cadence only hits every third time. So you can basically roll a crit on a Cadence hit and roll higher damage roll and at the same time you can roll non-crit hit with a low damage roll so your Cadence impact is minimal.

I have wrote several feedbacks about that too.

Ah, and a lack of AOE, who could forget that.