What are some strong 2-handed melee auto-attackers?

Arcblade will be nerfed, not Rancor.

OH! Temporal arcblade :stuck_out_tongue:

Dumb spanks read it as blade arc

I don’t believe you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/average-iq-by-country/

How tf do you know this random crap?

I don’t know much but Google does. Now I need to search best 2h melee build and will know even this :smile:

Actually, plasmodermic’s arcblade binder might be the strongest.

Though it’s technically a hybrid build

Mongolia 101
:thinking:

It is not. It can be semi-decent for Shards because of okay single target damage, but it’s slow in Crucible and overall behind most relevant 2h-builds. Unless you prove me wrong of course then I apologize in advance :stuck_out_tongue:

yes, you can, it sucks

@yuri_yuri

Most Ultos builds are pretty decent if done right. I recommend checking out one done by @John_Smith, I don’t have a guide, but here are the grimtools. John also did a super solid Physical Archon, a build that Avenger Warder should be but Avenger Warder just sucks.

The strongest 2h-build is @Firozo’s Pierce Blade Arc Blademaster.. It is a beast.

Also, if you like Physical flavoured builds, I can also recommend my own Blade Arc Witchblade. I polished it for the latest patch and it’s still a beast.

Those are the best pure 2-h melee builds, although Ultos doesn’t exactly feel like melee sometimes.

2 Likes

I know your definition of “good” and mine are not the same and I agree that it definitely isn’t “very good” or “awesome”. It also is, as you said, rather slow. It is better in SR than in crucible for sure. It’s still one of the best default attack replacer 2handers (behind Archon), mainly cuz there aren’t that many :sweat_smile:

You are right, there aren’t that many good ones. There are basically none except John’s Archon. I think Leviathan DK can only be considered half-decent today. I tried making Leviathan/Warborn Cadence Witchblade (which eventually became Blade Arc Bloodrager Witchblade) and it was a miserable experience. The main problem is a huge spread between “good” hits and “bad” hits that is caused by huge damage spread on the weapon and the fact that Cadence only hits every third time. So you can basically roll a crit on a Cadence hit and roll higher damage roll and at the same time you can roll non-crit hit with a low damage roll so your Cadence impact is minimal.

I have wrote several feedbacks about that too.

Ah, and a lack of AOE, who could forget that.

New Leviathan DK is certainly better than old Lev WB. Also AoE is certainly better as a DK cuz of Bone Harvest and FG Devotions (Azrakaa, buffed Oleron) have helped the build’s AoE a bit aswell. Also together with SR set Lev DK has 50% phys res without any procs (WB would have even more). I think it’s definitely better than before, but still only “good” or “half-decent” and not anything amazing.

Agreed, it’s one of the most inconsistent weapons in the game, add fumble to that and your dps can go from a million to 0 back to a million and back to 0 again within 3 secs.

The grimtools link that I think is supposed to go to an Ultos character leads to a Mage Hunter AAR character.

All my Bleeding Builds use Savagery or Blade Arc with 2-Handers (except Trickster). Choose, which ones you consider “strong”.

My personal favourites:

• Bleeding Ritualist
  • Bleeding Druid
  • Bleeding Warlord

Edit:
Forgot @Shoot2033 infamous Bleeding Warder. Sorry for that. :wink:

Here it is.

1 Like

Btw does Savagery/RoS Trickster count as an autoattacker? It’s still probably faster than pierce BM.

it’s definitely slower than any pierce bm unless it’s a super green spec. Also, op was asking about 2-handed melee builds, 2-handed melee Trickster is a bit of a meme.

Wait, why? If such a potato that is me can clear with this in 6.20 i’m sure someone can break 6.00:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/mN43vPmZ

I saw builds go heavier in bleed with Rancor, they are probably faster. I was just testing pierce on it.

Oh, first time seeing this kind of build, lol. A bleed/pierce hybrid. Some solid results too.

But, if you go full Bleed on it it with the same gear it would be faster. I kind of doubt this kind of trickster with 2750 DA is consistent tho. But maybe I am wrong. What it is its success rate?

When i push for speed i die often because i can’t react to things due to my low fps. But if you just farm its pretty consistent. There is basically no threat when you move around. You can facetank any group of bosses except Grava, Ana and double Alex. Massacre + Shadows + capped AS on FH gives a lot of leech.

Effective DA is much higher. You have -420 OA reliably and -70 from the seal.

1 Like

If you want to try full Bleed, that might fit: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/gZwL79kN

Edit:
Augments have to be changed and I don´t think an Arcane Spark is really necessary.