What mods should I use?

Hello!

Returning player here. I played vanilla when it launched, played slightly into Ashes of Malmouth, and never played beyond that, I don’t think I even made it to the first main big city. I am looking to come back to GD since D2: Res and PoE Scourge(this league is a joke) did not capture me enough. I only ever stopped playing Grim Dawn because other games I played came out with new stuff or new games came out. I own all DLC.

Anyways, I am looking for mods that don’t change the base game to player created content. What I mean is, I am looking for mods that keep the game as close to the way as Crate made it as possible.

I am looking for enhanced graphics, balancing, and quality of life enhancement mods basically. I do not want to bring other games into this game unless it lets me custom pick what features I want. Also looking to make it so I don’t have to beat the game X number of times to get to the highest difficulty, if that’s a thing?

You can use / give yourself a so-called merit using GDStash program that, after consuming it with your character, unlocks the last Ultimate difficulty for you and gives skill points / attributes / bags / rift unlocks you’d otherwise had to run Normal / Elite for.

Can be also bought by the first character to subsequent characters in a legit way but only after getting through 2 difficulties

1 Like

Thank you! The one thing that kills games for me is the replaying of the game over and over again. This will certainly help for sure!

I don’t really know these mods, you’d have to check this category Modding - Projects - Crate Entertainment Forum
and perhaps also Mods at Grim Dawn Nexus - Mods and Community

These are tools (nod mods) I use @Heartgrave

• https://www.grimtools.com/
    • Calculator (Planner) to test item / augment changes while leveling

• World Map displayed on my TV not to miss any secrets

• Checklist - didn’t use it but I should have to check if I did all important quests

• Item Database to find best items

• Monster Database to prepare for bosses

• [Tool] Grim Internals for
    • being able to make cool screenshots such as those at the edges of this guide

• debuff icons on enemies

• auto-pick up of greens which normally takes a lot of time after conquering totems

• visual and sound notifications about being nullified which I otherwise often missed

• display of health / energy potions cooldowns

• fixing time of the day

• removal of fog which makes the game look better

• camera hack - for improving Rotate Left / Right Camera rotation because it’s otherwise very slow

• YoloMouse for having bigger and more visible cursor

I don’t use it but GDHacker can be used to for example change the speed of the game dynamically with a hotkey.

3 Likes

Then just play the game as is really. Depending on when you last played I expect a lot of changes may have happened since then. So just play the game as is to start with to see what’s changed then see if you need more.

2 Likes

@tqfan you forgot speed boost. Very important lol. I personally cannot play w/o grim internals.

2 Likes

Yes, this is a very cool feature. I didn’t list it because I don’t use it (it’s all copied from a guide of mine) mainly due to the fact that I usually play to make a guide out of it and feel it would make the whole thing less representative for normal players because for example with Speed Hack I’d find farming some MI less boring whereas normally I’d just skip it for that reason.

1 Like

Does it speed up the entire game or just your own character’s movement speed?

Entire game, just MS can be modded.

1 Like

What I meant by entire game is, does it make mobs/npcs have super fast movement and attacks. I don’t want to turn pea shooter mobs into a minigun mob, per se. lol

Sorry for the questions and thank you for your help!!!

Yes, I also meant that. Even character animation in the Main Menu.

1 Like

Just over a year ago. Still never made it to AoM