What's the latest on Crate's town builder game? Now entitled Farthest Frontier

If you look you’ll see there’s already a separate slot under Useable Items for Spices. And Herbs have both edible and medicinal uses - there’s also a slot for them in Raw Materials.

This game already sounds too hard

1 Like

I thought this is going to be modern like Sim City.
I’m way more inclined to play rural / medieval game like this one.

Why did you think that? Didn’t you look at any of the screenshots that have been posted over the last 3 years?

I had this thread muted all this time :flushed:
Probably because I thought it’s going to be something else entirely.

@medea_fleecestealer to your later post - I didn’t click this either, looked like just some thread with wishes.

maybe try a few classic city builder games like caesar 3, pharaoh, zeus, emperor rise of the middle kingdom, and the village survival game banished and frostpunk. anno series would also help with its trade focused gameplay. crate’s town builder game seems to be heavily inspired by those city builders rather than sim city series.

An update a last! Honestly, this is not a genre I care about in the slightest but Crate has proven themselves more than enough with GD for me to at least give it a try.

What? You never saw this?

Our first screenshot of the game.

Wow that inventory system looks amazing. I love how in-deapth Crate goes with its games. so excited for this.

1 Like

Is this the same engine as Grim Dawn? The art style looks very similar.

No.

Last told the engine for this game is Unity.

The art being similar would have more to do with it perhaps being the same artists - or at the very least some of the same artists.

And Crate likes a semi-realistic, detailed art style for their games.

i kinda want to know if there’s going to be a challenging crime system in the game. the simple thing would be having thieves stealing food/tax money and causing unrest to the colony. the hard challenges are something like ‘bandit’ clans paying occasional visit to demand tribute in various form (including people) for ‘protecting’ the town or political factions doing intrigue games involving the struggling colony.

edit: also, in newly established dangerous frontier, some criminals could be sent there for penal work, or some controversial political figure could be exiled there. some non-essential prison architect mini games could be involved in the game for that

3 Likes

i hate city builder games but i’ll be buying this game just because i love Grim Dawn and i love Crate…

1 Like

I remember reading that the game would not be related to the Grim Dawn universe, but do we know if this takes place in a real historical point, or is this a fictional world? I can’t think of any city builders in a fantasy setting.

Can’t remember if there were any hints but I do believe that what was said was that it was its own world or something along those lines… and the artwork in general makes me think more “fantasy” oriented than “real world”, but that’s just speculation on my part.

1 Like

what about calling the veggies Tubers?
while it wouldn’t be 100% accurate for all them depending on the amount of diff "carrot"types, and you’d probably have “nitpickers” pointing it out eventually either way :man_shrugging:, it might help distinguish things for the more partially potato inclined types of gourmands

Completely off-topic but I just wanted to say I love this word. I ran a DC Heroes table top game decades ago and one of the player characters was named “The Gourmandizer.” And yes, you can probably guess what his power was. :smiley:

1 Like

Thought about tubers. In the end I decided to just make roots a forage resource that produces root vegetables (so in storage, there will no longer be roots, just root vegetables) and I forgot that I had willow as a material for medicine, so I changed medicine to use willow and herbs, instead of willow and roots.

1 Like