What's the latest on Crate's town builder game? Now entitled Farthest Frontier

Oh!.. Just imagine a goth take on Tropico!
Machiavelli here i come!!!

by beta, i mean the latest banished update is the 1.0.7 beta build specifically made for the modding community, since the modders are what keeping banished alive and add contents that should’ve been in vanilla banished in the 1st place.

anyway, there are other newer medieval town builder games that has succeeded banished out there. hopefully the wolf threat is a sign that crate’s town game can make dangerous beasts a significant threat to players’ towns. such as beasts harassing/killing hunters/woodcutters/farmers.

Yeah, well, Banished is a pretty good effort for one man. I haven’t played a lot of it. I get so far and then just come back to GD.

A little more info from the GD Facebook page

" It does include resource collection and town defense vs. “raiders”"

2 Likes

even for all its flaws and lack of updates, banished is still a great town builder/survival game made by 1 man. it emphasis more on the survival of your town and contemplative atmosphere rather than making a huge successful town like most other town builder out there.
one particularly memorable feature of banished is the ‘refugees coming to town event’. player is asked whether they want to bring the refuge in (extra manpower, but carries risk of overpopulation/lack of food/plague), or send them away. kinda reminds us of the heartbreaking reality of refugees around the world.

why raiders are double quoted “”? are they aliens in disguise :alien:?

“raiders” was quoted in the quote and I added another quote because of quoting the quote. :rofl: Could have left it at just the one quote onthe end.

1 Like

I need this! I hope we see more soon.

Those screen shots look amazing. i love the realistic feel of the town. i would wager it appears to be roughly a medieval style time period. love the look of farms and the trees seasonal change. also the borders on the farms having native growth like. very good detail.

When can i give you money for this game? i want it.

Another new screenshot from the town builder (excuse poor quality, needed to resize it a bit)

It’s coming folks, it’s coming! :grava_yes:

3 Likes

How cute! The bears are having a snack with the villag-

Wait.

Oh my gawd…

1 Like

Yeah, it’s gonna be dangeous out there. Take care folks! :smile:

i saw two bears, and immediately i think of the easter egg two bears high-fiving from fallout new vegas.

maybe we can tame them and have them entertain the families of villagers who got ate by them.

So since a certain someone was trolli… dared Zantai to “aggro” him on the last dev stream: Medierra won’t show the game because it’s a live service mobile game with lootbox-based progression. And all this time he’s just trying to figure out how to break it to us. Can’t prove me wrong, can he? :rofl:

Well, not until he releases it, no. :upside_down_face:

Or decides to tell us more about it.

Will there be an early access?

We don’t know. All we know is in this thread.

For a second,I felt the urge to play Majesty again after seeing this screenshot. Wanted to put wanted signs on those bears :smiley: Damn I wish someone would make a game like Majesty series soon.

majesty series is a very innovative town builder/rts/rpg game. giving player almost total control over their kingdom, but the player can only use banners and bounties to persuade/dissuade the adventurers, which follow their own whims and needs.

the enemies are brutal though. in many missions, giving huge money/items/xp to a single adventurer is not a good idea, because they have their own limits based on their class. majesty encourage players to share the wealth between adventurers, so that they can work together to take down a deadly monster/force.

its kinda painful trying to make the adventurers form up a unified squad to march to a single point, but it emphasis the point that player as a king doesn’t have full reign on everything. sometimes a king can only gives suggestion and hope the subordinates can perform their task efficiently. just like real life (puppet) kings.

It’ll be great to see some features from majesty series in crate’s town builder.

oh. and lets not forget the advisor’s eternal noise. YOUR MAJESTY. YOUR MAJESTY. YOUR MAJESTY.8888888

then a random wizard (delightfully) said: I’M MELTIIIIIIIIING!!!

1 Like

But, I’m just a gnoooooome…

Damn, missed adding these from just before Christmas