Will of Rattosh could use some serious buffs

This devotion is the only one to offer stacking vitality resistance reduction, which makes it near-mandatory for a vitality focused build, but compared to other similar -rr devotions, it has some serious shortfalls.

• It’s a top tier devotion, requiring a combined total of 22 affinity to unlock
  • It’s only single target, a trait shared with only one other -rr devotion, which is bottom tier
  • It affects only a single (damage) resistance, vitality, and is no more powerful than other, similar devotions
  • It has minimal activation chance, at 15% - every other -rr devotion either has better activation chance OR can at least affect multiple targets, in some cases both
  • It has no secondary effect, a trait only shared by Assassin’s Mark, a bottom tier devotion
  • It requires investment in three different affinity types, greatly limiting synergy

It has precisely two things going for it, that i can tell:

• It does slightly higher damage than other -rr devotions; a trait hurt by the fact that it only reduces resistance to one of its damage types
  • It has a duration longer than 4 seconds, at higher ranks

To me, at least, it seems that a top tier devotion should be at least somewhat game changing, which this skill decidedly is not. As it cannot spread nor affect multiple foes, its utility is limited to high health targets, such as heroes and bosses, but its low application chance means that applying it consistently is not reliable, even with relatively high proc chance abilities (My character is not an occultist, so i cannot test it with doom bolt, which i believe is the best skill in terms of application chance)

All in all i think the skill could use some improvement :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Will of Rattosh is RR devotion without cooldown, so you can abuse it by putting it on skill with spreading ability and duration or Ravenous Earth, cause each fragment will have separate chance of triggering it.

Will of Rattosh do have secondary effect, that’s -Life leech resistances, really helpful against Nemesis and other booses that are resistant to it.

2 Likes

I just want Pet bonuses back on it :sob:

1 Like

I sometimes take will of rattosh for this on some builds, that is a very strong effect actually!

I can see how the leech RR could be nice against bosses with near max leech resistance, but that seems like a pretty niche scenario to justify the ability being so weak for a top-tier devotion.

Most bosses have very high life leech resistance and it against them this matters…

same could be said about that vitality rr too, it is against bosses that it really matters

This is a top tier devotion, though. I could see a throwaway or stepping stone one, like assassin’s mark, being basically only useful in extreme endgame scenarios, but i feel like a devotion that requires pretty much all of your 55 points to acquire should have some utility in other gameplay.

I was counting the LL RR as a core effect of the skill, since all other RR devotions affect two resistances, with the exception of the bleed one. The others impair movement speed or offensive ability as well.

Rattosh is easy to get and you get ample points left.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/d2jD7nqZ

29 points left, Get dying god and a flat RR devo like revenant and win. 30 pojnts if you take rat instead of bat but lol why would someone do that

Devotion is fine and vitality builds perform great. And as I said, I think that life leech reduction is so power I try to squeeze in rattosh on some other builds too

1 Like

I think Rattosh proc is fine; but the constellation itself is weak and since almost all vitality builds lacks DA; it need some DA bonus. %3-4 something.

1 Like

I don’t these as points against it unless the affinities aren’t synergistic with each other - which isn’t true here. Eldritch/Chaos is abundant and there are options for Eldritch/Order in Oklaine’s Lantern/Lotus. Vitality builds that dip into Rattosh will also have to go Primordial for Dying God so Panther, Solemn Watcher and Kraken if 2-handed become further options.

Case in point, another T3 constellation that requires 22 affinity points and has excellent synergy between it’s requirements is Ultos and no one ever complains about it.

Life Leech RR is however far more rare than those other effects and arguably more impactful.

It looks to me as well that you are looking at Rattosh in a vacuum.

It does only have a 15% proc chance and only effects 1 target at a time but Vitality builds get some good proccing skills like how @Nery mentioned Ravenous Earth for one. Bone Harvest is godly as well raising the proc chance on it (or Wendigo’s Mark) to 51% per cast with decent AoE, Ill Omen and Bloody Pox are auto-spreaders that can quickly coat a crowd. Corrupted Storm Totem and Sigil of Consumption in my experience are also great for proccing devotion abilities once you get 2-4 couple down and have AoE. Vitality Oathkeepers can use Vire’s Might with Volcanic Stride or Guardians of Empyrion if they can push 3 or 4 of them.

The only thing I would change about Rattosh devotion is making the power a small radius AoE, like 2-3m. It is irritating that a skill like bone harvest will only cause 1 cast of the devotion on one enemy regardless of how many enemies are hit. Also I don’t know which of the enemies in the group will be selected for rattosh proc, hopefully hero or boss prioritised though.

This wouldn’t really change much, so why not give a bit of QoL for it?

I think Rattosh is fine as it is, the leech RR is extremely powerful, effectively +50% leech against nemesis, the single target aspect balances it out and makes you use a decent proccer for it instead of cast&forgetting some trash proccer like CoF.
About the life leech RR, when used out of a vitality build that leechs 300 times its hp pool a second, you really feel how strong it is. Here I am using it on an aether/vitality hybrid and the sustain is incredible with just Sigils + Bat powered by Rattosh, it passes SR80 easily.
I don’t see what buffs it could use

1 Like

Your build has very low DA too, it needs DA buff. Caster Vitality builds are more luckier on the matter of leech but especially with a build you need to facetank things to kill you need DA and almost all Vit build has very low of it. And adding it some %3 DA won’t make any top tier vitality build OP but helps the mid-tier and melee ones.

You might not felt the absence of DA because of MSoP but since it’s a balance suggestion, not every build can survive with 2,5k DA. There are mutators, power scalings, DA shred from enemies etc.

Oh right the DA, I forgot I spirit dumped last time. I pushed with full physique for a healthy 2.8k DA.

That costs you over %300 magical damage multiplier lol?

The spirit dump version was perfectly reliable for SR75 but I preferred 100% physique for pushing higher, just to be safe, at least until I’m comfortable enough with the build.

I never have da problem with vitality builds tbh

Rattosh is fine (wound be much more better if it has freeze or petrify res), I just want tier 2 vit constellation give better affinities return, for example Affliction is so weak (both offense and defense) and only gives 1/1 in return that 99.9% builds dont pick it (so far I only see acid retal). Wendigo is dam strong, but hard to pick it because points limited when Dying God and Rattosh combo is a must.
Btw why only 1 tier 3 for bleeding so far and it costs a lot? Not fair.

2 Likes

can one see unknown soldier as 0,5 bleed tier 3? ;D

1 Like

I wouldn’t underestimate Unknown Soldier as a bleeding devotion :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes