Xbox one release

Wouldn’t them taking their time and not rushing a port be more favourable then so that there are few or no notable bugs in the end product?

I feel like people are forgetting that they are a small studio of around 10-15 people as well that are working on around 4-5 projects in parallel and have been for the last few months/years which include continuing to update Grim Dawn, the Xbox port, Farthest Frontier and 1 or 2 others we don’t know much or anything about. I think it’s fair to cut them some slack and be grateful that they are being transparent about some of the things they have been doing and that they are dedicated to taking as much time on a project as required if it means delivering something that is good at the end unlike some of the AAA games and companies that we have nowadays.

The argument was not that they take forever, they can take as long as they need. I have a problem with throwing a port announcement out with a vague release time (a few months) or when they said it was in Xbox certification 3 different times then changing the expectation to having a bundle which was another wait all over a course of about 3 years. I feel no entitlement for it to release when I want, I feel the fans are entitled to be on the up and up with the progress of the port more accurately than an every 6th month update that is just a three year excuse.

Side note: I really do appreciate the work Crate has done on the game and effort they are putting forth to port it. I bought the big edition as soon as it released on PC back in 2013/14, but my PC is not as accessible and I harbor no anger at the team. Just the lousy info that is slowly trickled about it. Keep up the good work guys.

2 Likes

Hello Dear Zantai,

I’m waiting patiently for the opportunity to play GD on Xbox One, don’t give up on that version!

2 Likes

Just now. :frowning:

2 Likes

Hello there ! So i can safely preorder my xbox series x knowin that Grim Dawn is coming on it sooner or later?

So nice to see the Crate Employees responding so quickly !

NOOOOOOOOO!!

It’s not about hitting some specific date. It’s about reasonable expectations for potential customers. This is shaping up to be about 4 years from announcement to actual port. You don’t build up hype over 4 years for a port. lol You begin to make people frustrated when you announce a port and string people along year after year. I’ve quit worrying about it at this point. In fact, I’ve written it off. With D2R, POE2, and D4 all lined up for release this year and next, it no longer matters much anyway.

2 Likes

same, i bought an xboxone specifically for this port. But 4 years of waiting is too much, d2 remaster is already on the way. Now I’m not going to buy a gd for the console

2 Likes

Who does this? Well, this guy. But it sounds like a bad investment just to play the port of a game with no ETA that is better played on a PC anyway.

1 Like

Since none of us know how well or otherwise it plays on Xbox, that’s a bit of a stretch. Let’s just wait for the game’s release and then see shall we?

2 Likes

Only one person is working on the port? None of us had any idea. When the one person working on the port gets sick, the port is on hold? Remarkable reasoning.

Between your world class patience and access to inside information, I’m highly impressed.

Thank you.

2 Likes

News just posted on the Grim Dawn Facebook page:

“So this literally just happened. Tonight we finally succeeded in getting a build uploaded to the MS store after months of testing with a QA company to try to meet all the many certification requirements.
We also got a bunch of negative comments from people after the April Fool’s post yesterday, one even suggesting we were lying about working on the Xbox port… cuz reasons. I’ve not said much about it lately because, we’ve basically been in the same state since May of just testing and trying to check everything off before we could submit and too many times I feel like I’ve said “it’s nearly done” and then it wasn’t done…
Anyway, I don’t know that we’ll pass cert but we’re about to try. I would not have imagined a year ago that it would have taken so long to get here but, we’re finally near the end (which I also said before… but for real this time!.. I hope?). That said, I still don’t know how long it will take to pass, get a store date and actually release but, once we know something more certain, we’ll fill you in.”

1 Like

The image for posterity (clearly photoshopped!)

5 Likes

I hope the April Fools joke that goes with that art was “This is what we’ve got finished all these years for the port. The rest of the game is on its way in just a mere 5 more years!” Golf clap

2 Likes

So, any updates?

We’ve got a few things that certification has flagged for us to fix before the build can be uploaded. Nothing too big, but work to do nonetheless, and then we’ll send it through again and hopefully that’ll do it. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

I am getting worried. Seeing how a lot of broken stuff is allowed on Xbox, does this really mean it’s really broken that Xbox won’t allow it? Like is this really in a worse state than Anthem, Fallout 76 on release?

Mind you I don’t know what certification means and what it does, only guesses.

I am so looking forward to buy this on Day One. Just worried now. Just confused not understanding. I know, company can’t say anything or the whys/reasons, but I love this game and want to play on console with my family. :slight_smile:

All I want is a fully functional game. If it means another year, so be it. Do not do a Fallout 76/Anthem launch.

Apparently certification is not about a bug-free console release:

Let’s just say that certification standards aren’t created equal across the industry. :wink:

In the last certification pass, I believe there was one issue that was the root cause of 3 others we got dinged for. That has since been addressed, but now the loop starts all over again.

3 Likes