Hello everyone, this is the first build I’ve posted here. I’ve tried tinkering around with Blightlord set and found a way to convert 100% of Ravenous Earth’s damage to fire.
Updated for 126.96.36.199!
Check out all of my builds over here.
GRIMTOOLS patch 188.8.131.52: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/d2j5oGvN
(patch 1.1.4: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/nZodd79N)
(patch 1.1.2 https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lV74JddZ)
Highlight video from patch 184.108.40.206:
vs Target Dummy 220.127.116.11
vs Bourbon Clones 18.104.22.168
vs Lokarr 22.214.171.124
vs Mogdrogen 126.96.36.199 in ~4:35min
Crucible 130-150 and 150-170 188.8.131.52
Shattered Realm shards 50-52 184.108.40.206
Shattered Realm shards 65-70 220.127.116.11
Ravager: Could be done on SC I guess.
Callagadra: Probably a big NOPE.
Crate of Entertainment: uhhhh…
Main Campaign Bosses and Dungeons: easy mode
First time ever doing Riggs’ Morgoneth questline 18.104.22.168
- Changes with 1.1.2
Most important change: new FX
These changes are a net buff to this build. It gained -12% additional fire RR, 1% OA/DA, 16 flat fire to RE, 20% RR to RE and only lost it’s 10% attack speed slow on enemies. Also the set’s skill is now a passive proc instead of an active cast. The skill being changed to a proc is a trade off between having the RR insantly (cast) and not having to waste your time casting it (proc). In the end the QoL that the proc gives you is probably worth a little more, especially in dangerous environments such as the crucible and the shattered realm. So everything this set got is a net buff (except for the removed attack speed reduction) and it also makes the viper devotion not mandatory anymore. This build should perform better now than on last patch.
- Changes with 1.1.3
This makes Justice chest obsolete and I switched it over to Fateweaver’s to increase phys res. Also switched the boots to craftable Grey Magi footpads. Also switched around grava’s pants to a different roll that I managed to get in the meantime. It is still not mandatory and can still be switched over to sth more accessible for new players. Only thing that needs to be changed alongside the pants is using a seal of resonance instead of the second seal of might to keep stun res at reasonable lvls during ascensions downtime. The insane amount of res overcap this build got with this change actually made me go for +30 DA augment on armor, which I really don’t like generally, but in this case they fit perfectly. Also featuring new FX for Siphon Souls.
- Changes with 1.1.4
literally no change for this build
- Changes with 22.214.171.124
another small buff
- Changes with 126.96.36.199
+33% more damage via Guardians
- Changes with 188.8.131.52
- Viper: OA, %RR (not required anymore, still good for the OA, but if you can make use of the points in another way, feel free to)
- Eel: DA, movement speed, affinity
- Quill: DA, affinity, aether res
- Empty Throne: 1 point for stun res
- Bat: your life leech besides Siphon Souls
- Rhowan’s Crown: flat RR on proc, resistances
- Solemn Watcher: still the best defensive devotion imo, DA, armor, resistances
- Solael’s Witchblade: -RR on proc
- Behemoth: good HP, some regen, flat armor, heal on resiliance proc
- Magi: fire %, insane proc
- Chariot: OA and cunning, DA and armor on proc
- Ulzuin’s Torch: OA, fire%, decent proc
- Behemoth and Eel instead of Bat and Sailor’s Guide
weapon slot #1: Blightlord
weapon slot #2: Blazeheart for vit to fire conversion
rings: 2x Blazeseer for vit to fire conversion
medal: Korvaak’s Brand to allow dw of melee weapons (or Direwolf Crest)
chest: Fateweaver’s for tons of res, especially phys res
gloves: Viperfang Grips for OA and flat acid to RE
belt: Crimson Lotus for +2 RE, +1 Oathkeeper, resistances and %fire/%burn
relic: Serenity, best all around relic atm also +1 to Necro makes it easier to reach 26/16 RE
pants: Grava’Thul’s Legguards for +3 celestial presence, affixes are great for double Seal of Might set up
boots: Footpads of the Grey Magi for phys res, spirit, elemental res; Stoneplate Greaves
example build using 0 greens: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/dVb97d42
ring/amulet augments: feel free to choose any combination of Osyr’s Wisdom, Osyr’s Temper and Irrah’s Patience
- Fire RE is the main dps skill and due to its shotgun it’s still one of the best damaging abilities in the game while also reducing enemy damage.
- Support damage coming from 3x 26/16 and 21/12 Guardians of Emperion
- 3k base OA, 3,4k with ascension - not anything crazy, but very good
- 8% CDR - pretty bad for a RE build, I would love to have much more
- 139% CS - again I would love to have more, but it’s not as important as CDR for this type of build
- 61% crit damage - decent, but not amazing imo
- 1912% fire, 1797% burn multipliers - not amazing but anything around 2k% is fine imo
- DA reduction debuff from Crushing Verdict
- Resist Reduction: -122% (celestial presence+eldrich fire+siphon souls bonuses) + 32 reduced (elemental storm) + 20% reduced (viper/RE)
Conclusion: Even though sheet stats aren’t amazing, the nature of the RE skill gives this build a lot of dps and also very good kiting potential (at the loss of dps).
Play around ascension and mark of torment, you can’t tank anything without one of them up. Switch between tanking and kiting playstyle depending on your cooldowns and the type of enemy you are fighting. Phys res was improved a lot compared to former setup.
I’m pretty sure you guys can achieve better time for crucible, as I am a total crucible noob. This run was literally the first time ever that I did crucible gladiator 130-170 in hardcore. Also the gear can most certainly be optimised a lot more for crucible, I’m sure some of you guys can do that
Managed to do shard 50-52 (no problems with 52) without really trying much. You can probably do shards 65-66 on patch 184.108.40.206 now.
- level early lvls with skeletons
- switch to RE at lvl ~12
- get bat devotion and bind it to RE
- get bone spikes from mountain deeps
- get RE medal from act 5
- build example for lvl 31: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YNn9dndZ
RE = ravenous earth, RR = resist reduction, OA/DA = offensive/defensive ability, CS = casting speed, CDR = cooldown reduction, HC = hardcore, HP = health points
It’s been a lot of fun theorycrafting, playing and streaming this build! Thank you very much everyone for reading this build and watching the videos! Feel free to comment, critize, etc., any feedback is appreciated
Have fun blasting away enemies with the burning fire exhaled by ravenous maws!
The build has basically only seen buffs in its existence, so it should be performing better than ever right now.